Table of Contents
- Characteristics of Life
- Movement and Locomotion
- What’s Next?
In the previous segment, we learnt about the Aquatic habitat. In this segment, we will learn about The characteristics of life.
What are the Different characteristics of life?
The characteristics that are possessed by living beings include movement and locomotion, respiration, reproduction, growth, presence of cells, and metabolism.
Movement and locomotion
- Living beings like animals can move from one place to another, that is they can
Locomote. They can also Move while staying in the same spot, like plants.
- Non-living objects can neither move nor locomote on their own.
- Respiration is a process in which breathing is combined with utilising the oxygen for breaking down food and releasing energy.
- We breathe by taking in Oxygen and giving out Carbon Dioxide. The oxygen inhaled is then utilised by the body to derive energy by breaking down food that we consume.
- Non-living things do not respire.
Characteristics of life