Table of Contents
- Roles of Liver
- Role of Pancreas
- Pancreatic Amylase
- Pancreatic Lipase
- What’s Next?
In the previous segment, we learnt about the Stomach. In this segment, we will learn about the Duodenum.
What is Duodenum?
- The first part of the small intestine is called the Duodenum.
- Most of the digestion takes place in this small part.
- The digestion is aided by the juices secreted by the glands.
- Two glands release their juices in the duodenum: Liver and Pancreas.
Duodenum, liver and pancreas
What is the Role of the liver in the digestion?
- The liver is the largest gland of the body.
- It secretes a fluid called Bile which is stored in the Gallbladder.
- The bile breaks down the big fat droplets into tiny droplets. This process is known as
What is the Role of the pancreas in the digestion?
- The pancreas is the second-largest gland of our body.