CENTAC 2020, also known as the Central Admission Committee, Pondicherry is a state-level admission procedure for the undergraduate courses in various government colleges in Pondicherry. The admission is completely based on the merit of class 12th.
The following article gives details about the important dates, eligibility criteria and application forms for CENTAC 2020.
- The seats are allotted on the basis of cut off or merit for different institutions and courses.
- After the online submission, the hard copy needs to be sent to the provided address.
- There is a different form for law courses.
- Candidates are allowed to apply for more than one course while filling the application form, except the law courses.
- Based on the candidate’s marks in class 12th, a separate merit list is prepared by CENTAC.
- Verification and seat allocation is done through centralized counseling procedures.
|May 3rd Week||
Release of Application Forms
June 3rd Week
Submission of hard copy of application form
June Last Week
Submission of application form
July 3rd Week
Merit list and cut off issuance
Counseling begins for Pondicherry
4th Week of August
|Counseling for other state candidates|
Following are the application form details along with the procedure for CENTAC 2020:
- The application forms can be filled online.
- The application process can be carried out in the following steps: Online registration, fill the application form, upload your image, online payment.
- There are separate application forms for LL.B courses.
- The details of the application form cannot be modified after submission.
- Download the application form.
- Send it to the address given below:
CENTAC Office, PEC Campus, Pillaichavady,
The following documents are required for the application process:
- Nationality certificate
- Copy of online payment
- Permanent Integrated Certificate
- Special category certificate
- Reservation/Caste certificate
- Certificate depicting candidate’s age (self-attested)
- Marksheets and degrees of 10+2 (self-attested)
- Passport size photo of the candidate
- Nativity certificate
- Community certificate
- Sports certificate
The application fees for group 1,2 and 3 is:
The application fees for group 4,5,6 and 7 is:
The eligibility criteria for different courses are mentioned below:
- Only Indian nationals can apply for CENTAC 2020.
- The candidate applying for BAMS should be 17 years old as on 1st October 2020. (lower age limit)
- The B.Tech candidate should be 21 years old as on 1st July 2020.
- SC candidates have a relaxation of three years.
- The candidates should have passed class 12th from a recognized board.
- The candidates should have studied Physics and Mathematics along with either of the subjects – Biology/Biotechnology/Computer Science.
- A minimum of 45% marks should have been obtained by the candidate. A minimum of 40% is for the reserved category.
- The candidates can apply twice, the reserved category has a relaxation to apply three times.
- The candidate should have qualified 12th from a recognized board with Physics and Chemistry as the core subjects.
- He/she should have scored atleast 45% in 10+2. (40% for the reserved category)
- There are no attempt limits for the candidates.
- The students should have qualified 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Zoology, Botany and English.
- Should have scored a minimum of 50% marks. (40% for the reserved category)
- The rank secured in the NEET exam is also taken into consideration.
- There are no attempt limits.
- The candidate must have qualified 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English subjects.
- The candidates in the general category have a cut off of 50%, the SC/ST category must have secured a minimum of 40%, whereas OBC candidates should have atleast 45% in 12th examinations.
- They can apply only once.
- The candidate should have qualified 10+2 from a recognized board.
- They should have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as the main subjects.
- They should have scored atleast 50% in +2. The reserved category should have scored a minimum of 40%.
- They can apply a number of times.
- The candidate should have appeared for 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as the main subjects.
- Minimum cut off 50% for general candidates, and 40% for reserved candidates.
- The candidates can apply for this course a number of times.
|2||Schedule Caste (SC)16%|
|3||Backward Classes Muslims (BCM)2%|
|4||Extreme Backward Classes (EBC)||2%|
|5||Most Backward Classes (MBC)18%|
|6||Backward Tribes (BT) – 1%||1%|
|7||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||11%|
|1||Children/Grand Children of Freedom (Fighter (FF)||4%|
|3||Wards of Ex-Servicemen (EX)||3%|
|4||Physically Challenged (PH)||3%|
The cut off is the minimum percentage a candidate needs to score for admission in various undergraduate courses. The cut-off criteria for CENTAC 2020 are mentioned below:
- Every institute has its own cut-off.
- The cut-off is not fixed and varies every year.
- It also depends on the course and the category of students shortlisted on the basis of ranks in CENTAC.
- The cut-off depends upon the availability of seats, overall performance in 10+2 exams, and the cut-off trend for previous years.
All the information provided by the candidates in the application form is verified by the authorities prior to preparation of the merit list.The list is prepared based on the ranks of the candidates which is decided according to their marks in 10+2. The ranking helps the candidates know which college they can get in.
The details of the merit list are given below:
- Rank of the candidate
- Date of birth
- Application Number
- Merit marks
- Marks scored in Biology
- Marks scored in Chemistry
- Marks scored in Physics
The counselling is done based on the merit list prepared by the admission committee. The procedure is as follows:
- The merit list is prepared according to the ranks in CENTAC. These ranks are on the basis of marks scored by the students in 10+2.
- Candidates will be called for counselling on the basis of their ranks and seat allotment.
- The counselling schedule will be provided on the CENTAC website.
- The counselling is conducted offline.
The following documents are required for CENTAC 2020 counselling:
- Class 10th marksheet as birth date proof
- Class 12th marksheet (Attested copies to be submitted)
- Permanent residence certificate
- Category certificate
- Degree/marksheet of the qualifying exam
- Call letter of CENTAC 2020
- Copy of application form
After a week of the counselling process, the seats are allotment list is released. The candidates should download their provisional allotment letter and report to the allotted counselling centre along with all the necessary documents. The seats will be cancelled in case the candidate fails to report within the given time