CUET 2023 syllabus: The Central University of Engineering & Technology (CUET) Exam is an entrance examination conducted by the Central University of Engineering & Technology (CUET) for admission to various engineering courses.
CUET 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam is conducted every year in the month of May, and the application process for the exam starts in the month of February. The exam is conducted in two parts, Part A and Part B. Part A is the written examination, and Part B is the practical examination.
- The written examination is of two hours duration and consists of 100 multiple-choice questions.
- The questions in the written examination are based on the topics covered in the syllabus of the engineering courses offered by the university.
- The questions in the written examination are designed to test the analytical and problem-solving skills of the candidates.
- The practical examination is of two hours duration and consists of two parts, Part A and Part B.
- Part A of the practical examination is the laboratory test, and Part B is the workshop test.
- The laboratory test is conducted to test the practical skills of the candidates, and the workshop test is conducted to test the knowledge of the candidates.
The candidates who qualify in the written and practical examinations are eligible for admission to the engineering courses offered by the university.
The total marks for the CUET 2023 exam will be 100. The marks distribution for Part A and Part B is as follows:
- Part A: Objective-type questions – 60 marks
- Part B: Subjective type questions – 40 marks
- The negative marking scheme for the CUET 2023 exam is as follows:
- There will be no negative marking for Part A.
- For Part B, every wrong answer will lead to a deduction of 0.25 marks.
CUET 2023 Exam Syllabus
The syllabus for the CUET 2023 exam is as follows:
- General Awareness:
This section will test the candidates’ knowledge of current affairs, history, geography, science, etc.
- General English:
This section will test the candidates’ proficiency in the English language. The questions will be based on grammar, vocabulary, comprehension, etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude:
This section will test the candidates’ mathematical skills. The questions will be based on arithmetic, algebra, geometry, etc.
- Logical Reasoning:
This section will test the candidates’ ability to think logically and solve problems. The questions will be based on topics like the analogy, classification, syllogism, etc.
- Essay Writing:
The candidates will be required to write an essay on a given topic.
- Precis Writing:
The candidates will be required to write a precis of a given passage.
- Letter Writing:
The candidates will be required to write a letter on a given topic.
CUET Syllabus for Domain Subject
The Common University Entrance Syllabus for Domain Subject Test comprises questions from various subjects like physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics and English. The questions are designed in such a way that they test the knowledge and understanding of the candidates in the respective subjects.
FAQs for CUET 2023 syllabus:
Can I submit two application forms for two courses at a time?
Multiple courses of CUET may be applied for by an applicant. Candidates should not submit more than one application for the same course, as this may result in the application being cancelled.
How should I start preparing for CUET 2023 if I am not preparing for the JEE and I am currently in class 12?
CUET offers many science-based courses if you are not preparing for JEE at this time. Choose your domain subjects before preparing for CUET. The General Aptitude and Language tests are common to all tests; however, domain subjects play a significant role in determining what course and college you will attend. Smart work is more effective than hard work.
How much do I need to score in CUET to get into DU?
The final requirement for CUET is a score of 300-400 marks; however, if you are interested in entering a particular university, check CUET eligibility criteria and set your target accordingly; each participating university has its requirements.
How many marks are needed to clear CUET?
If you score 640 marks out of 800, your CUET percentile will be 80 per cent, meaning you must score 640 out of 800 to qualify for admission. And suppose you want to opt for moderate colleges. In that case, you have to score approximately 500+ marks.
Which is the easiest section for CUET Preparation 2023?
There is no one single answer to this question, as each candidate has their own strengths and weaknesses. Section-I (Language) is expected to be relatively easier to score than other sections. Additionally, Section-III (General Test) might appear to be the easiest section for students who have already prepared for the UG/BBA/IPM Aptitude Tests.