In this highly competitive world, every student is trying their best to ace the academics and trying hard to get selected in highly deemed universities via cracking entrance exams. One of the mainstream practices to get familiar with an exam/test pattern is to solve as many previous year questions as one can. Previous year questions help a student to not only get acquainted with the exam pattern but also help in gaining confidence over a subject. Sometimes, questions are repeated in a shuffled manner which can help a student get a few assured marks/scores on a test. Therefore, it is safe to say that working on previous year questionnaire papers is one of the most efficient methods to practice for an examination.
– Solving previous year questionnaires is an effective method to practice, assess, identify and correct the studying methodology.
-Getting hands-on a good set of previous year question papers is no less than a treasure chest for a student preparing for exams or entrances.
– Therefore, it is of grave importance to know what to expect after solving these papers and how to get the most of it. A smart working student can ace the methods of solving previous question papers by knowing the benefits it provides.
– In the given article, we are going to dig into the importance of solving these questions papers. And how to effectively enhance the outcome of the same.
BENEFITS OF SOLVING PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONNAIRE:
1) An insight into what type of questions to expect in the exam.
– No matter what type of exam one is attending, whether it be central board, state boards, professional entrance exams, University level exams, or simple school tests, it is always essential to gain insight into questions by solving past papers.
– It offers a sneak peek into the method by which question papers are set.
– It also helps in gaining knowledge about the format of a questionnaire.
– The mark distribution of each question can be assessed through it. All of this helps students to prepare a full proof strategy to ace any exam.
2) One of the most effective ways to get on the top of your revision game.
– Previous year’s questionnaire is a gold mine for someone who wants a thorough revision. It is one of the best methods to revise all the information one has read in books.
– Question papers from previous years give you access to top-class revision questions in the same format as you would attend in the given exam. This will also make your brain think in the same pattern as you would prepare for the exam questions paper.
– Keeping this in mind, it is an undeniable statement that solving questions from past papers will give you perfect introspection and help you ace your revision game, giving you utmost confidence to attend your actual examination.
3) Making a check-list of questions repeatedly asked previous question papers:
– In addition, observing the general trend in which questions are being asked.
– You can get an idea easily about the chance of getting a question repeated by listing down the questions asked multiple times for the upcoming test.
– There is no full-proof way to predict if a question will be asked in the same manner as asked in the previous one but mostly, the same topics get repeated year after year because of the emphasis put on those sections of a chapter.
– However, it is sufficient enough to practice, revise, and get an insight through solving these question papers before attempting an exam. It can guarantee a decent level of assurance about scores one is going to achieve in a test.
4) Practicing time management through solving past year question papers.
– It will not only boost your confidence level while attempting an exam but also helps you to practice good time management tactics one needs to ace an exam to finish a question well within the time limits in the given time constraints.
5) ‘Practice makes a man perfect’ – an aim towards perfection.
Do not forget to solve the previous year’s question papers no matter what, as it is the holy grail of your preparation after you are done studying a particular subject. Say we all know ‘practice makes a man perfect; therefore, practicing these question papers is nothing less than aiming towards perfection.
With this article, you got an insight into the benefits of solving past year’s question papers. You understand why it is important to solve previous year’s question papers; then it is a good suggestion to those who wish to ace their revision time that you try this method as many times as possible to ensure that you don’t end up mugging up the words to answer questions. But actually, work hard to make your concepts as concrete as possible. Lastly, one should remember that solving past year’s question papers is not the only way to success. It is a helpful tool to aid in revision. Working hard is equally important to ace any exam or test.
Also read: How to Write a Letter in English
Q. How to do self-evaluation with the help of past year question papers?
Ans: One of the best reasons for practicing past year question papers is that you get a thorough evaluation of your own strengths and weaknesses.
– The best way to evaluate oneself is to face the difficulty level of a questionnaire. If you are having a hard time solving previous year’s questions, it means you go to level up your preparation methodology.
-This signifies that you may have only learned the solution but not have the understanding of how to approach a question & maybe your concepts are not as clear.
Q. How often do questions get repeated in examinations?
Ans: Previous year questions help a student to not only get acquainted with the exam pattern but also help in gaining confidence over a subject. Sometimes, questions are repeated in a shuffled manner which can help a student get a few assured marks/scores on a test.
– Repeated questions might not be asked in the same language, but the essence is mostly the same. As many times, questions come from a very selected portion of the syllabus.
Which is the best method for revisions?
The best method for revision is solving past year’s question papers. It will give you perfect introspect and help you ace your revision game, giving you the utmost confidence to attend your actual examination.