The process of taking admission in any government medical college consists of a centralized counseling process which is taken care of by the Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) on behalf of the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC). To be eligible for this the candidates have to secure the NEET cutoff as set by the authority for each of the categories. The scores obtained by the candidates in NEET will be used for the admission process in a government college. Overall 15% of the total intake of seats from every government college will be reserved for the AIQ quota.
For the remaining students, the seats will be available for the admission of candidates who fulfill the required eligibility criteria that is for 85% of state quota seats. Then the eligible candidates must read the overall requirements to get admission to a government college. The first step to get admission in the government medical college is that the student should appear for the entrance exam that is for NEET. After some time the college will declare the entrance exam result and if the students clear this exam the student is eligible for admission to the college.
Therefore the very first step to getting admission to a government medical is by clearing the national level medical entrance exam.
1) The interested candidates should clear the entrance test by getting a high score and making it to the merit list.
2) Then the candidates should register their names for their NEET counseling process.
3) Then they need to pay the counseling fee as mentioned by the official website to continue the admission process.
4) Further the candidate is needed to choose their choice of government medical college of India from among the list of colleges available.
5) Then based on their rank secured in NEET 2020 the candidates will be allotted seats.
6) In the end the candidates need to submit a set of required documents to initiate the verification process in person.
The required documents for admission to the government medical college are as follows:
1) The seat allotment letter of the candidate is downloaded through the NEET counseling’s official website.
2) The mark sheet of the NEET-UG.
3) The NEET admit card.
4) Identity proof.
5) The passport size photographs.
6) Passing certificate of SSC and HSC board.
7) Caste certificate.
Some of the top Government Colleges for medical in India are given as follows:
- The Maulana Azad Medical College in the New Delhi
- The University College of Medical Sciences in the New Delhi
- VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital in New Delhi
- Government Medical College in Chandigarh
- King George’s Medical University in Lucknow
- Pt. Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences in Rohtak
- The Lady Hardinge Medical College in the New Delhi
- Stanley Medical College in Chennai
- Seth G.S. Medical College in Mumbai
- The Grant Medical College in Mumbai