NTSE Odisha 2019-20: State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT) will conduct NTSE Odisha Stage 1 on 3rd November. The application form will be released on 1st August 2019. Students studying in class X can apply for NTSE Odisha till 5th September 2019. Candidates who want to appear for the NTSE Odisha can download their admit card on 20th October 2019. Only shortlisted candidates in the NTSE Odisha stage1 are invited to appear for the stage 2 exam to be conducted on May 2020. The final merit list will be prepared and published on the official website depends on the candidate’s entire performance.
NTSE is conducted every year to award scholarships to deserving candidates till the doctorate level of their studies. Candidates should read this article till the end to know more information about NTSE Odisha 2019-20. Information such as exam dates, application, admit card, eligibility and exam pattern, etc.
NTSE Odisha Exam Dates
|Releasing of Application form||August 1, 2019|
|Closing of Application||September 5, 2019|
|Validation of Application by District Education Officer||September 6 to September 25, 2019|
|Admit Card for Stage 1||October 20, 2019|
|NTSE Odisha Stage 1||November 3, 2019|
|NTSE Odisha Answer Key||November 2019|
|NTSE Odisha Stage 1 Result||Last Week of January 2020|
|NTSE Admit Card for Stage 2||April 2020|
|NTSE Stage 2||May 10, 2020|
|NTSE Stage 2 Result||September 2020|
NTSE Odisha Eligibility Criteria
The following are the eligibility criteria to appear for NTSE Odisha 2019-20.
- Candidates who are studying in class X in the academic year of 2019-20.
- Age limit for NTSE Odisha Stage 1 is less than 18 years as on 1st July 2019.
- Candidates belonging to the Reserved category must secure at least 55% marks in Class IX.
- Candidates belonging to the general category must secure at least 60% marks in class IX.
- Candidates from any recognized schools of Odisha are eligible.
- Candidates of open schooling or distance learning are also eligible.
NTSE Odisha Application Form
NTSE Odisha application form will be released online on 1st August 2019. The closing date of NTSE Odisha online application form is 5th September 2019. Candidates can check the below-mentioned steps to apply for the NTSE Odisha exam.
- Candidates should visit the official website scertodisha.nic.in.
- Click on the online application link to enter the necessary details.
- Download and take a print of your application form.
- All the necessary details should be filled properly. It should also be rechecked thoroughly to avoid rejection of the application.
- Submit the filled application form at the Principal’s office of the respective school.
- After that, it will be submitted to the state liaison’s officer for NTSE Odisha Stage 1.
- Reserved candidates should submit the Caste Certificate issued by the Tahsildar if required.
- Physically Challenged candidates should submit the Disability Certificate issued by the District Medical Board if required.
- Candidates of open schooling and distance learning are advised to submit their applications directly to the state liaison officer.
- Candidates should save their application number for downloading the admit card.
NTSE Odisha Application Fee
- Applicants no need to pay any application fee for NTSE Odisha Stage 1 exam.
NTSE Odisha Admit Card
Candidates can download their admit card from the official website of SCERT, Odisha on October 20, 2019. The following are the important points to download the admit card.
- Go to the NTSE Odisha official website scertodisha.nic.in.
- Click on the print hall ticket link.
- Candidate should fill the application number and date of birth and click enter.
- After that download and take a hard copy of the hall ticket.
The NTSE Odisha admit card contains candidate’s name, roll number, exam center details. Candidates must carry their admit card in the examination hall, otherwise, they will not be allowed to sit in the exam.
NTSE Odisha Question Paper Pattern
The NTSE Odisha stage 1 exam contains two parts i.e, Scholastic Ability Test (SAT) and Mental Ability Test (MAT). MAT and SAT contains 100 questions each. Overall 200 questions will be asked in the exam. The below-given table shows the details of exam pattern for NTSE Odisha.
|Papers||Number of questions||Time Allotted|
|Scholastic Ability Test (SAT)||100||120 minutes|
|Mental Ability Test (MAT)||100||120 minutes|
- Each right answer carries 1 mark. There is no negative marking for erroneous answers.
- SAT questions will be asked from math, science, social science, physics, chemistry, biology, history, political science, economics, etc.
- SAT contains a total of 100 questions with the time duration of 120 minutes.
- The questions will be asked in the exam is equivalent to the syllabus of class IX and X.
- MAT questions are based on logical reasoning, coding-decoding, series, analogies, hidden figures, problem-solving, and pattern perception.
- MAT contains a total of 100 questions with the time duration of 120 minutes.
NTSE Odisha Answer Key
The answer key for the NTSE Odisha will be released on the official website of SCERT by the exam conducting authority. The official answer key will be published after one month of the exam. The answer key contains the correct answers of each question asked in MAT and SAT. Candidates from Odisha can download the answer keys to estimate their scores and guess the chances of qualifying for NTSE Stage 2. The following points are given to check the NTSE Odisha Answer key:
- Go to the official website of SCERT, Odisha.
- Click on the answer key, download and save it.
- The expected marks can be compared with the previous year’s cut-off.
- The answer keys help the candidates to determine their performance in Stage 1 and chances of qualifying for NTSE stage 2.
- Candidates should follow the right approach for marking. The answer key can be amended based on particular proof.
- Finally, the amended answer key will be published on the official website.
NTSE Odisha Exam Result
NTSE Odisha exam result will be released by SCERT on the official website in the last week of January 2020. SCERT will announce the merit list of shortlisted candidates for NTSE stage 2 exam which will be held on May 10, 2020. The following are the steps to check the NTSE Odisha exam results:
- Go to the official website of SCERT, Odisha to check the exam result.
- Click on the result link which will be shown on the homepage of the portal.
- Fill the roll number and date of birth to download the result list.
- Keep the printed copies of the result list for future reference.
Details Mentioned on NTSE Odisha Exam Result
Candidates can check the NTSE Odisha exam result on the official website scertodisha.nic.in. The NTSE Odisha merit list contains the following information of the selected candidates.
- Candidates School Address, Name, and Roll number
- Candidates gender, caste, date of birth and disability status
- Candidates Rank and Total marks
- Candidates scores in MAT and SAT
NTSE Odisha Stage 1 Qualifying Scores
The minimum scores obtained by a candidate to qualify for the NTSE stage 2 exam is the qualifying scores. NTSE Odisha qualifying scores will be declared along with the result by SCERT in the last week of January 2020. The qualifying scores depends on various factors as given below:
- Maximum marks obtained in the exam
- Minimum marks obtained in the exam
- Number of candidates belongs to each category
The following table shows the cut-off marks for NTSE Odisha Stage 1 category candidates
The following table shows the selection process based on the qualifying percentage for NTSE Odisha category candidates
|Papers||General Category||Reserved Categories (ST, SC, and PH)|
NTSE Odisha Stage 1 Reservation Criteria
Total 259 scholarships are reserved for Odisha state which will be awarded as per the reservation percentages are given below:
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||10%|
NTSE Odisha Stage 1 Syllabus
There is no particular syllabus for the NTSE Odisha Stage 1. So, candidates have to prepare from class IX and X syllabus with the aim of getting qualified in this exam. The below-given table shows some important topics for NTSE Odisha 2019-20.
|MAT||Reasoning||Coding-Decoding, Distance and Direction, Word Problems, Calendar, Time and Clock, Mirror and Water Images, Blood Relations, Ranking, and Arrangements.|
|SAT||Maths||Quadratic Equation, Surface Area and Volume, Algebraic Expression, Arithmetic Progression, Square Roots and Cube Roots, Percentage, Simple and Compound interest.|
|Science||Metals and non-metals, Acid, Bases and Salt, Human Body, Food Production and Management, Motion and Force, Source of Energy, Fibers and Plastics, Structure of an Atom and Measurements.|
|Social Sciences||Industrial Revolution, Early Medieval Period, Resources and Development, New Empires and Kingdoms, The Mughal Empire, Delhi Sultanate, British Raj, Indian Constitution, Democracy and Elections, Atmosphere, The Judiciary, Map and Globe, Natural Vegetation and Solar System.|
NTSE Scholarship Amount 2019-20
Candidates who qualified in both the stages of NTSE with minimum cut-off marks will get the amount of the scholarships every month.
|Education Level||Scholarship Amount|
|Class XI to XII||Rs. 1250/-|
|PhD||According to the UGC norms|
Hope this article will help you to get more information about NTSE Odisha 2019-20. Don’t forget to add your comment for any information/queries.