Table of Contents
- Electric Potential Difference
- SI Unit of Potential Difference
- Measuring Potential Difference
- What’s Next?
What is Electric potential difference?
- Potential energy is the energy stored in an object at rest.
For example, when we are holding a ball in our hand, it has potential energy.
- Similarly, electric potential energy is the measure of stored energy.
- A negative charge close to another negative charge has high potential energy. If left free, the charge will be repelled by the negative charge and will move towards the positive charge.
Electric potential energy
- For current to flow from one point to another, there needs to be a potential difference between them.