What is Flow Management in Supply Chain
Flow management is the process of ensuring the smooth and efficient flow of goods and materials through the supply chain. This involves coordinating the movement of inventory and ensuring that the right items are shipped to the right places at the right times. Flow management also includes tracking and tracing inventory to ensure that it is delivered on time and in the correct quantities.
Importance of Flow Management in Supply Chain
Flow management is an important factor in supply chain management as it can help optimize the flow of goods and materials through the supply chain. Proper flow management can help improve efficiency and reduce costs. It can also help ensure that goods and materials are delivered on time and to the correct location.
Requirements for Flow Management in Supply Chain
There are various factors that need to be considered while managing the flow of supply in a supply chain. Some of the key factors are listed below:
1. The need to have a synchronized flow of material between suppliers and manufacturers
2. The need to have an adequate inventory of materials to meet customer demand
3. The need to have a streamlined manufacturing process that can quickly respond to changes in customer demand
4. The need to have a well-defined distribution process that can efficiently deliver products to customers
5. The need to have accurate and timely information about customer demand and inventory levels