What is Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO)
Knowledge process outsourcing (KPO) is the contracting of non-routine cognitive tasks, often including information gathering, research, analysis, and decision support, to third-party service providers.
KPO Services in India
KPO services are knowledge process outsourcing services. They are a form of outsourcing that involves the contracting of the services of employees who are experts in specific knowledge-based activities. KPO services can be used to outsource a wide range of activities, including research and analytics, legal services, and accounting and bookkeeping.
The global KPO market is expected to grow rapidly in the coming years. India is currently the leading country for KPO services, thanks to its large pool of skilled workers and its low labor costs. Other countries that are expected to experience significant growth in the KPO market include the Philippines, China, and South Africa.
Things to Keep in mind when starting a KPO businessÂ
There are a few things to keep in mind when starting a KPO business. The first is to make sure you have a good understanding of the industry you are getting into. The second is to make sure you have the right resources in place to support your business. And the third is to make sure you have a good marketing strategy in place to attract clients.
KPOs in India
KPOs are companies that provide knowledge-based process outsourcing services. The following is a list of some of the largest KPOs in India:
4. Tata Consultancy Services
5. Cognizant Technology Solutions
Advantages of KPO
– Increased accuracy: KPO services are known for their high accuracy levels. This is because the data is carefully screened and analyzed by teams of experts before it is released.
– Faster turnaround time: KPO services can turnaround data much faster than traditional research methods. This is because the data is already pre-screened and organized, so it can be easily accessed and analyzed.
– Increased scalability: KPO services are highly scalable, which means that they can be easily adapted to meet the needs of any organization. This makes them a great option for businesses that are expanding or growing rapidly.
– Cost-effective: KPO services are often more cost-effective than traditional research methods. This is because the data is already pre-screened and organized, so it can be easily accessed and analyzed.
FAQs on KPOs
1. What is a KPO?
A KPO is a business process outsourcing (BPO) company that provides knowledge-based services to clients. KPOs typically offer services such as research and analytics, information management, and legal and financial consulting.
2. What are the benefits of using a KPO?
There are many benefits of using a KPO, including:
Access to high-quality, specialized skills and expertise
Reduced costs compared to hiring in-house staff
Flexibility to scale up or down as needed
3. What are the most common services offered by KPOs?
The most common services offered by KPOs include research and analytics, information management, and legal and financial consulting.