Table of Contents
- Line Segment
- What’s Next?
In the previous segment, we learnt about Point. In this segment, we will learn about Line, Ray and Line segments.
What is a Line?
- The line is a thin straight mark made by a pencil or a marker. It extends indefinitely in both directions.
- Lines are generally named with lowercase letters.
For example, Line p is drawn as follows:
- Lines are also denoted with the names of any two points on it.
For example, A and B are two points on the following line. This line will be called line AB.
Line AB can be denoted by
Line AB can also be written as Line BA.
What is a Ray?
- A Ray starts at one point and extends indefinitely in one direction.
- To draw a ray, mark a point and draw an arrow starting from this point.
- The point at which the ray begins is called the endpoint of the ray.