Table of Contents
- Converting Fractions to Decimal Fractions
- What’s Next?
In the previous segment, we learnt how to convert decimal fractions to fractions. In this segment, we will learn how to convert fractions to decimal fractions.
How to Convert fractions to decimal fractions?
A fraction can be converted to its decimal form by the following steps:
- Divide the numerator by the denominator.
- If it does not divide exactly, keep adding zeros to the dividend until the remainder is zero.
- Place the decimal point on the quotient before as many digits as the number of zeros added.
- The number thus obtained is the decimal form of the given fraction.
Q. Convert ?
to its decimal form.
Divide the numerator by the denominator.
6 does not divide exactly into 8. So add a zero to the dividend.
Now, divide 60 by 8. 8 times 7 is 56. And 60 minus 56 is 4.