- The organism that lives on or in a host organism and depends upon the host for its nutrition is called a parasite.
- Examples: protozoa and tapeworm.
- Saprophytes are the organism that lives on dead and decaying matter.
- Examples: Yeast, mushrooms. Saprophytes play an important role in cleaning the environment, they break down the decaying matter and recycled it back into the atmosphere.
- Saprophytes and parasites both are classify under heterotrophic nutrition as both dependent on others for their nutrition.
Hence, the correct option is C.