Solution:The first hypothesis that tried to describe all matter in terms of atoms and their characteristics was Dalton's atomic theory.
The theory's key tenets are as follows:
● Atoms, which are small, indivisible particles, make up all matter.
● The mass, size, and other characteristics of every atom in a given element are the same. However, atoms of various elements display various characteristics and range in mass and size.
● Atoms are eternal and cannot be generated or destroyed. Atoms cannot be separated into smaller particles either.
● Compounds can be created by the combination of atoms from various elements in certain ratios.
● An atomic rearrangement is a chemical process.