Solution:concept - Through the process of evaporation, we can separate the dye from the ink.
Ink is a mixture of dye in water, so the volatile solvent (water) can be separated from its non-volatile solute (dye) in a container by evaporation.
The colour component (dye) can be separated from the ink using the following procedure:
● Take a watch glass with some ink
● Now take the beaker of water
● Place the watch glass over the mouth of the beaker
● Now start heating the beaker.
● As the beaker heats up, so does the ink in the watch glass on the beaker.
● Evaporation starts from the hourglass.
● Continue heating until evaporation continues and stop heating when no further change is seen on the watch glass.
● We see that the water in the ink evaporates
● However, the dye remains as a residue on the watch glass.
Hence, the correct option is (2).