GeographyOnly 2.5% of the water on the earth is freshwater.

Only 2.5% of the water on the earth is freshwater.


  1. A
    True
  2. B
    False 

    Fill Out the Form for Expert Academic Guidance!l



    +91



    Live ClassesBooksTest SeriesSelf Learning



    Verify OTP Code (required)

    I agree to the terms and conditions and privacy policy.

    Solution:

    The above statement is correct. It is believed that seas make up 96.5 per cent of the world's water while freshwater makes up just 2.5 per cent. In Antarctica, Greenland, and the mountainous parts of the planet, almost 70% of this freshwater is found in the form of ice sheets and glaciers; the remaining less than 30% is stored as groundwater in the world's aquifers. India receives around 4% of the world's precipitation and has the 133rd-lowest water availability per person per year. India's entire renewable water resources are thought to cover 1,897 sq km annually. Large portions of India are expected to join other nations or areas experiencing complete water shortage by 2025.
     
    Chat on WhatsApp Call Infinity Learn

      Talk to our academic expert!



      +91


      Live ClassesBooksTest SeriesSelf Learning




      Verify OTP Code (required)

      I agree to the terms and conditions and privacy policy.