The female external genitalia include mons pubis, labia majora, labia minora, hymen and clitoris.
- Mons pubis is a cushion of fatty tissue covered by skin and pubic hair.
- The labia majora are fleshy folds of tissue, which extend down from the mons pubis and surround the vaginal opening.
- The labia minora are paired folds of tissue under the labia major.
- The opening of the vagina is often covered partially by a membrane called hymen.
- The clitoris is a tiny finger-like structure which lies at the upper junction of the two labia minora above the urethral opening.