NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 4- Carbon and its Compounds helps students grasp ideas taught in the textbook. All of the questions posed at the end of each chapter, as well as the questions contained inside a chapter, are answered in the Answer Key for 10th class Science.
These NCERT Answers for Class 10 Science were developed by our subject experts, who are incredibly knowledgeable. Students can use the NCERT Solutions as a resource to help them prepare for the CBSE Term II examination. The writing is straightforward and straightforward, making it simple to comprehend. Pictures, essential points to remember, a step-by-step method, numerical problem shortcuts, and formula and chemical reaction memory tricks are used to convey the topics.
These NCERT Solutions provide an overview of the chapter’s essential principles and assist you in mastering key concepts such as writing and balancing chemical equations. The solutions pdf can be downloaded for free from the links provided.
NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Science Chapter 4 in Class 10 are also available.
Class 10 Science Chapter 4 CBSE Notes
Chapter 4 – Carbon and Its Compounds NCERT Answers for 10th class Science
Two plus three marks is the average lot of questions asked from this chapter. In 2017, this chapter had a total of 15 questions for 15 points, however, in 2018, the weightage was 2+3 = 5.
Typed list of Section questions
|Section Figure||Section Title||Questions||Question type|
|4.1||Bonding in Carbon – The covalent bond||2||2 short answers|
|4.2||Versatile nature of carbon||5||2 very short answers, 3 long answers|
|4.3||Chemical properties of carbon compounds||2||2 long answers|
|4.4||Some important carbon compounds – ethanol and ethanoic acid||2||1 short answer, 1 long answer|
|4.5||Soaps and detergents||2||1 very short answer, 1 long answer|
Typed list of exercise questions
There are 15 questions in this chapter, which are divided into the following categories. –
|Multiple choice questions (MCQ)||3|
|Short answers (SA)||2|
|Long answers (LA)||7|
|Very long answers (VLA)||3|
Chapter 4 – Carbon and Its Compounds CBSE NCERT Solutions for 10th class Science
Carbon is a versatile element that serves as the foundation for all living beings. It is tetravalent and exhibits the catenation property. By sharing electrons between two atoms, carbon forms covalent bonds and achieves a completely filled outermost shell. With oxygen, chlorine, hydrogen, nitrogen, sulphur, and itself, it forms covalent bonds. It has the ability to generate compounds with double and triple bonds. Carbon chains are divided into three types: branching, ring, and straight. Carbon is a significant source of energy. Carbon molecules such as ethanol and ethanoic acid are significant and widely used in our daily lives. The hydrophilic and hydrophobic groups in detergents and soaps aid in the emulsification and removal of oily debris.
NCERT Answers for 10th class Science Fourth chapter – Carbon and Its Compounds: Key Features
- These NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 4 – Carbon and Its Compounds provide accurate and straightforward information.
- These solutions contain answers to all of the exercise questions found at the end of NCERT Class 10 Science textbook Chapter 4 Carbon and Its Compounds.
- The answers to the questions that were printed in the middle of the lesson have also been provided.
- Expert professors have created NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 4 – Carbon and Its Compounds based on the extensive study.
- These answers can be used to study for the CBSE Term II test as well as other competitive exams.
- Students can use these solutions to study for their CBSE Term II test since they include step-by-step instructions, neatly labelled illustrations, shortcuts, and recommendations for dealing with complex questions intelligently.
You may access NCERT Class 10 chapter-by-chapter solutions for additional subjects by visiting NCERT Solutions for Class 10.
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 4: Frequently Asked Questions
What are the types of questions in Chapter 4 of NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science?
Chapter 4 of NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Scientific has the following types of questions:
- Multiple choice questions – 3 questions
- Two questions with a short answer
- 7 questions with long response
- A lengthy response – three questions
List the subjects covered in NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science, Chapter 4.
The following are the subjects covered in Chapter 4 of NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science:
- Carbon Bonding – The Covalent Bond
- Carbon’s adaptable nature
- Carbon compounds’ chemical properties
- Ethanol and ethanoic acid are two significant carbon molecules.
- Detergents and soaps
Where can I find the NCERT Solutions for Science Chapter 4 in Class 10 online?
Class ten is a pivotal year in the lives of every kid. Students’ professional paths will be determined by their grades in class ten. The faculty at INFINITY LEARN has produced solutions for all of the chapters based on the CBSE syllabus for this purpose. INFINITY LEARN provides NCERT Solutions in PDF format for students to download. The solutions are written with students’ CBSE Term II exam preparation in mind, regardless of their intellect level.