NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 6 Topic- Replication
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 6 Topic- Replication and all chapter Topics produced by qualified teachers according to NCERT (CBSE) book rules are available as a free PDF download. Class 12 Biology Chapter 6 Topic- Replication Questions with Solutions to assist you in revising the entire syllabus and achieving higher grades. Register to receive all exercise solutions through email.
Overview of topic
During cell division, DNA replication is the process by which DNA duplicates itself.
- The initial step in DNA replication is to ‘unzip’ the DNA? The molecule’s double helix shape.
- This is accomplished by the helicase enzyme, which breaks the hydrogen bonds that hold the complementary bases of DNA together (A with T, C with G).
- A replication ‘fork’ is formed when two single strands of DNA are separated, forming a ‘Y’ shape. The two split strands will serve as templates for the creation of new DNA strands.
- This is the leading strand. One of the strands is oriented in the 3′ to 5′ orientation (towards the replication fork). This is the lagging strand, which is orientated in the 5′ to 3′ orientation (away from the replication fork). The two strands are copied differently as a result of their differing orientations:
A brief piece of RNA termed a primer (made by the enzyme primase) arrives and binds to the leading strand’s end. The primer serves as a beginning point for DNA replication.
DNA polymerase binds to the leading strand and then ‘walks’ along with it, adding new complementary nucleotide bases (A, C, G, and T) in a 5′ to 3′ orientation to the strand of DNA.
Once all of the bases are matched up (A with T, C with G), an enzyme called exonuclease strips away the primer(s). The gaps where the primer(s) we are then filled by yet more complementary nucleotides.
The new strand is proofread to make sure there are no mistakes in the new DNA sequence.
Finally, an enzyme called DNA ligase seals up the sequence of DNA into two continuous double strands.
The result of DNA replication is two DNA molecules consisting of one new and one old chain of nucleotides. This is why DNA replication is described as semi-conservative, half of the chain is part of the original DNA molecule, half is brand new.
Following replication, the new DNA automatically winds up into a double helix.
8. After all of the bases have been matched (A with T, C with G), exonuclease is used to remove the primer (s). More complementary nucleotides are used to fill in the gaps left by the primer(s).
9. The new strand is proofread to ensure that the new DNA sequence is error-free.
10. Finally, the sequence of DNA is sealed into two continuous double strands by an enzyme called DNA ligase.
11. DNA replication produces two DNA molecules, one with a fresh nucleotide chain and the other with an old nucleotide chain. This is why DNA replication is referred to as semi-conservative: half of the chain is recycled from the original DNA molecule, while the other half is created from scratch.
12. Following replication, the new DNA forms a double helix by itself.
How NCERT chapter 6 Class 12 Biology Can Help You Reach Your Goals?
The majority of students have an aversion to the topic of mathematics. This is primarily due to India’s faulty educational system. People tend to believe in information that is exclusively passed down within the confines of a classroom. However, with the help of NCERT, INFINITY learn is now looking to leverage technology to overcome the Indian education system’s traditional restrictions.
The best illustration of this progression that our organization has launched is Class 12 Biology Solutions for Chapter 6. People can use our services to get on-the-go access to simplified study materials. All you have to do is get the INFINITY to learn app on your phone.
Importance of NCERT Solutions
The National Council for Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is a body charged with establishing norms and standards aimed at making education more accessible to all students across the country. INFINITY learns to customize and release its content based on these concepts, which you as a student can benefit from. Math is a subject that can only be mastered by consistent practice. INFINITY learns the main goal is to assist students to understand the factors that influence their ability to answer arithmetic problems efficiently. Class 12 Chapter 6 Biology. As a result, the solutions will assist you in better comprehending the chapter on Functions. As a result, you will gain confidence and, as a result, your grades will increase in the long run.
Quality of Solutions/Prepared by Expert Teachers
All of the solutions in INFINITY learn chapter 6 Class 12 Biology are 100 percent genuine since different approaches to answering a problem have been indicated. Our organization exclusively hires teachers who are both highly experienced and possess the necessary mathematics skills. Similarly, all of the solutions supplied are correct because they were developed under the supervision of experts.
Helps in Scoring high Marks
If a student’s core understanding is solid, all of the related difficulties can be solved by using the fundamental notion. The solutions in the Class 12 Biology chapter 6 have been designed to cover all of the principles of functions. We make certain that you comprehend how each mathematical step is applied. Each problem has been meticulously examined in depth. As a result, make use of the INFINITY learns online curriculum to improve your grades in the long run.
Why Choose INFINITY learn?
Students who are struggling to satisfy the requirements of the current academic curriculum can turn to INFINITY to learn top-notch mathematical solutions. Because we want to make education free and available to everyone, we provide all of our services for free. This conviction has aided us in changing India’s educational landscape.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Can I score full marks in Class 12 Chapter 6 Biology?
Yes, you can easily score full marks in Class 12 Biology. All you need to do to score full marks in Biology is frequent practice. All of the concepts should be clear in this subject since many questions are expected in the board examination from this chapter. This will help you make your confidence up and well versed with the chapter and can score full marks in the exam. You should also refer to the NCERT Solutions of this chapter.
2. What are the benefits of solving NCERT solutions by Infinite Learn?
NCERT solutions by Infinite Learn are designed strictly according to the latest CBSE syllabus and it is the best way to study this chapter containing all the important points and formulas. The subject matter experts designed these NCERT solutions with the aim to make the learning process the most convenient way.
3. How can I download the NCERT Solutions of this exercise from the Infinite Learn website?
It is very easy to download the NCERT Solutions of this exercise from the Infinite learn website. You just have to come to the infinite learn official website and look for the Class 12 category under the ‘NCERT Solutions’ section. After that, you can easily use these Solutions. Downloading these solutions and studying at your convenience is our main aim.