Chapter 9 – Vital Villages, Thriving Towns – NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science – Free PDF Download
There are numerous online and offline resources accessible for studying a chapter or material. All we have to do now is choose the appropriate one. NCERT has been the most useful resource since it enables students to study in a straightforward manner. NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History Chapter 9 pdf, which are accessible for free download below, are incredibly beneficial to students because they are produced by subject experts at INFINITY LEARN in an easy-to-understand manner, resolving all students’ problems and notions.
The NCERT solutions are not limited to specific books; they also cover a wide range of topics. Students can quickly and easily get solutions to different disciplines. You may also get NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths and NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science to help you revise the entire syllabus and improve your test scores.
- Fill in the blanks:
(a) ———————— was a word used for large landowners in Tamil.
(b) The gramabhojaka often got his land cultivated by the ————————
(c) Ploughmen were known as ____________ in Tamil.
(d) Most grihapatis were ———————— landowners.
(b) Slaves and workers.
2. Describe the functions of the gramabhojaka. Why do you think he was powerful?
A. In the northern parts of the country, the village headman was known as the gramabhojaka. The post was hereditary. He was the largest landowner. Generally, he had slaves and hired workers to cultivate the land.
Besides, as he was powerful, the king often used him to collect taxes from the village. He also functioned as a judge and sometimes as a policeman. He was powerful because he was a hereditary village headman.
3. List the crafts persons who would have been present in both villages and cities.
A. The craft persons who would have been present in both villages and cities were :
i.Blacksmiths ii. Carpenters iii. Weavers
iv.Goldsmith v. Perfumers vi. Garland makers
vii. Basket makers viii. Statue makers
4. Which of the iron tools shown on page 87 would have been important for agriculture? What would the other tools have been used for?
A. Ploughshares would have been important for agriculture. The other tools used were sickles and axes. The tools like tongs, nails, and hammers were used for carpentry and also by ironsmiths.
5. Choose the correct answer:
(a) Ring wells were used for:
- washing clothes
(b) Punch marked coins were made of:
(c) Mathura was an important:
- religious centre
- forested area
- Religious centre
(d) Shrenis were associations of:
5. Which of the iron tools shown on page 79 would have been important for agriculture? What would the other tools have been used for?
The iron tools on page 79 are tongs, axes and sickle as shown in the picture below, respectively.
Of these, sickle would have been used for agriculture, axe would have been important for chopping trees and to gather firewood and tongs would have been used by a blacksmith for making tools from hot iron.
6. Compare the drainage system in your locality with that of the cities mentioned in the lesson. What similarities and differences do you notice?
A. In our locality the drainage system includes wells and canals. In the lesson, it mentioned that irrigation projects/things that were built during that time include canals, wells, tanks, and artiﬁcial lakes.
A) I live in a city. Our locality has a good drainage system. Every individual house or building also has a good drainage system. In the cities mentioned in the chapter, The Archaeologists have also found some drains and garbage dumps in each of the city/town or site and in an individual house.
B) Differences or Dissimilarities. Nowadays, everything is well-maintained and made up of good raw materials. But in early cities mud bricks and thatch had been used, might not have been survived long.
7. If you have seen craftspersons at work, describe in a short paragraph what they do. (Hint: how do they get the raw materials, what kind of equipment do they use, how do they work, what happens to the finished product).
A. I have seen craftspeople like cobblers and carpenters in the cities and villages. Cobblers are a common sight and one could be found sitting at almost every corner in the city. They mend shoes by stitching the torn leather or pasting the flapping sole. In villages, they produce handmade shoes and slippers from leather to sell them locally or in urban markets for a good price. Carpenters usually produce furniture of wood.
8. List the functions performed by men and women who live in your city or village. In what ways are these similar to those performed by people who lived in Mathura? In what ways are they different?
A. Do it yourself
Chapter 9 Vital Villages, Thriving Towns NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History – Our Past
NCERT Class 9 History – Our Past Solutions by Chapter
When it comes to curating answers to NCERT questions, INFINITY LEARN puts a lot of effort into it. We strive to deliver clear and reliable information, as well as basic yet elegant writing that assists you in comprehending the issue and its fundamentals.
INFINITY LEARN has shown to be highly beneficial to students because it provides solutions that are both precise and easy to comprehend. It helps students grasp the chapter’s themes and foundations in a simple and straightforward manner.
Chapter 9 of Class 6 Social Science History – Vital Villages, Thriving Towns
Chapter 9 of Class 6 History – Vital Villages, Thriving Towns explains how cities evolved during the period. The following is a brief explanation of Chapter 9 Class 6 history, as well as some key points. Chapter 9 of History Class 6 examines key cities, such as Mathura, and how they shaped India’s history.
History is seen as a tedious topic among students, and most of us believe that history is just about memorizing facts. However, this is not the case. It simply requires comprehension; the rest of the memory or learning of answers is automatically completed after we grasp the chapter’s premise. Here’s a quick primer on Vital Villages and Thriving Towns.
Agriculture and Iron Tools: Iron was invented roughly 3000 years ago. Axes and iron plough shares were among the tools used.
Landowners and Laborers: The major community consisted of large landowners, ploughmen, and landless laborers. The village headman was the largest landowner in the north, and he also collected taxes for the king. Sculptors carved depictions of people’s lives as evidence to learn about the lives that existed in cities.
Coins: For almost 500 years, punch-marked coins were used.
Cities and Their Functions: Mathura was significant because it was the center of excellent sculpture creation. Arikamedu was a coastal hamlet where ships unloaded their cargoes arriving from faraway regions.
Crafts and Craftspersons: Beautiful potteries were made. There were some eminent places in Varanasi and Madurai
Why use INFINITY LEARN NCERT answers for Chapter 9 of Social Science History in Class 6?
The free PDF of INFINITY LEARN NCERT answers for Class 6 Social Science History Chapter 9 is made in a very tidy and accurate manner. The points are divided into bullets, making the text easier to comprehend. The questions are based on the most recent CBSE syllabus, which has been vetted by subject specialists to ensure that there are no uncertainties or faults in the topic. Because the notes are written by topic experts, no questions were overlooked while preparing them.
Students can participate in live video sessions with the greatest and most experienced teachers through INFINITY LEARN. It also has NCERT Solutions for Class 6 by section.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are the NCERT solutions for History Chapter 9 – Vital Villages, Thriving Towns sufficient for exam preparation in Class 6?
- Where can I find the most recent CBSE mandated syllabus?
- Where can I get INFINITY LEARN NCERT Solutions for History Class 6 “Vital Villages, Thriving Towns”?
- What are the main points in Class 6 History Chapter 9?
- In the northern settlements, who was the local headman? Write a brief comment based on Chapter 9 of History for Class 6.
- According to Chapter 9 of Class 6 History, why was Mathura an important settlement for about 2500 years?
- What is the best way to learn Chapter 9 of Class 6 History?
1. Are the NCERT solutions for History Chapter 9 – Vital Villages, Thriving Towns sufficient for exam preparation in Class 6?
Ans: Yes, the information offered on INFINITY LEARN for Class 6 Chapter 9 History is sufficient because it is curated by topic specialists who are knowledgeable about the subject. There is no room for uncertainties or faults in the chapter solution because it is offered by subject specialists and is based on the most recent CBSE syllabus. The study materials offered are sufficient for students to go over and provide a good overview of the chapter during revision time. It also offers free PDF downloads to assist students in studying for NCERT solutions on their own time.
2. Where can I find the most recent CBSE mandated syllabus?
INFINITY LEARN is one of the top online study resources for students. Class 6 Chapter 9 NCERT solutions are available both online and offline. However, INFINITY LEARN, as the best platform, delivers subject experts curated answers, ensuring that solutions are provided according to the most recent CBSE syllabus and that vital themes to be ensured when studying are easily highlighted by teachers, ensuring that there is no last-minute trouble.
3. Where can I get INFINITY LEARN NCERT Solutions for History Class 6 “Vital Villages, Thriving Towns”?
Ans: INFINITY LEARN NCERT Solutions can be downloaded in a few simple steps:
Choose “Vital Villages, Thriving Towns” from INFINITY LEARN NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History.
On the following page, look for the option to “Download PDF.” Select it by clicking on it.
You will be automatically directed to a page with a link to download the relevant pdf.
Alternatively, you can use INFINITY LEARN mobile app to obtain the Solutions. Both of these approaches are free of charge to the pupils.
4. What are the main points in Class 6 History Chapter 9?
Ans: The chapter “Vital Villages, Thriving Towns” is important since it covers the following important topics:
- Agriculture and iron tools
- Irrigation is another way to boost production.
- What kind of people lived in the villages?
- Cities, legends, travellers, sculptures, and archaeology have all been discovered.
- Cities that serve many purposes
- Craftsmen and craftswomen
- Arikamedu gets a closer look
In INFINITY LEARN NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History “Vital Villages, Thriving Towns,” all of these themes are thoroughly covered.
5. In the northern settlements, who was the local headman? Write a brief comment based on Chapter 9 of History for Class 6.
Ans: In the northern settlements, Grama Bhojaka was the local chief. In the hamlet, he held hereditary positions of influence. He was frequently the village’s largest landowner. He collected taxes from the community for the monarch and occasionally functioned as a judge and a constable. The Grama Bhojaka also had the authority to engage workers to help in the land’s cultivation. Visit the INFINITY LEARN website today for additional information on this chapter and its NCERT Solutions.
6. According to Chapter 9 of Class 6 History, why was Mathura an important settlement for about 2500 years?
Ans: Mathura was strategically important since it was at the crossroads of two main trade and transport routes. These roads run from north to south and from northwest to east. It also had various shrines and fortifications around the city. People in the city were fed by farmers and herders from the surrounding territories. It was also a center for the creation of some magnificent artistic sculptures.
7. What is the best way to learn Chapter 9 of Class 6 History?
Many students find history to be a draining topic because it necessitates a lot of reading. The NCERT textbook must be treated as the holy grail by students. They should go through the reading material several times in order to grasp the concepts. They should then know the key terminology and definitions from Class 6 History Chapter 9. It’s also crucial to remember the answers to the questions at the end of each lesson. INFINITY LEARN has the ideal solution for every period of history.