{"id":677090,"date":"2023-09-02T20:13:47","date_gmt":"2023-09-02T14:43:47","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/question\/match-the-items-in-column-i-with-their-place-of-soil-origin-in-column-ii-matrix-column-i-column-iiapots-and-toysiloamy-soilbwheat-and-gram-iisandy-soilcwatermeloniiifarmer\/"},"modified":"2025-06-25T12:38:18","modified_gmt":"2025-06-25T07:08:18","slug":"match-the-items-in-column-i-with-their-place-of-soil-origin-in-column-ii-matrix-column-i-column-iiapots-and-toysiloamy-soilbwheat-and-gram-iisandy-soilcwatermeloniiifarmer","status":"publish","type":"questions","link":"https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/question\/chemistry\/match-the-items-in-column-i-with-their-place-of-soil-origin\/","title":{"rendered":"Match the items in column I with their place of soil origin in column II.Matrix:\u00a0Column I\u00a0Column II(a)Pots and toys(i)Loamy soil(b)Wheat and gram\u00a0(ii)Sandy soil(c)Watermelon(iii)Farmer\u2019s friend(d)Earthworm(iv)Clayey soil"},"content":{"rendered":"","protected":false},"author":1,"template":"","meta":{"_yoast_wpseo_focuskw":"","_yoast_wpseo_title":"","_yoast_wpseo_metadesc":"Match the items in column I with their place of soil origin in column II.Matrix:\u00a0Column I\u00a0Column II(a)Pots and toys(i)Loamy soil(b)Wheat and gram\u00a0(ii)Sandy soil(c)Watermelon(iii)Farmer\u2019s friend(d)Earthworm(iv)Clayey soil","custom_permalink":"question\/chemistry\/match-the-items-in-column-i-with-their-place-of-soil-origin\/"},"categories":[],"acf":{"question":"<p style=\"margin-top:0pt; margin-bottom:0pt; line-height:115%; font-size:12pt\"><span>Match the items in column I with their place of soil origin in column II.<\/span><\/p><br><p style=\"margin-top:0pt; margin-bottom:0pt; line-height:115%; font-size:12pt\"><span>Matrix:<\/span><\/p><br><table cellspacing=\"0\" cellpadding=\"0\" style=\"width:335.25pt; border-collapse:collapse\"><tbody><tr><td style=\"width:22.95pt; padding-right:5.4pt; padding-left:5.4pt; vertical-align:top\"><p style=\"margin-top:0pt; margin-bottom:0pt; font-size:12pt\"><span>&nbsp;<\/span><\/p><\/td><td style=\"width:129.45pt; padding-right:5.4pt; padding-left:5.4pt; vertical-align:top\"><p style=\"margin-top:0pt; margin-bottom:0pt; font-size:12pt\"><span>Column I<\/span><\/p><\/td><td style=\"width:18.45pt; padding-right:5.4pt; padding-left:5.4pt; vertical-align:top\"><p style=\"margin-top:0pt; margin-bottom:0pt; font-size:12pt\"><span>&nbsp;<\/span><\/p><\/td><td style=\"width:121.2pt; padding-right:5.4pt; padding-left:5.4pt; vertical-align:top\"><p style=\"margin-top:0pt; margin-bottom:0pt; font-size:12pt\"><span>Column II<\/span><\/p><\/td><\/tr><tr><td style=\"width:22.95pt; padding-right:5.4pt; padding-left:5.4pt; vertical-align:top\"><p style=\"margin-top:0pt; margin-bottom:0pt; font-size:12pt\"><span>(a)<\/span><\/p><\/td><td style=\"width:129.45pt; padding-right:5.4pt; padding-left:5.4pt; vertical-align:top\"><p style=\"margin-top:0pt; margin-bottom:0pt; font-size:12pt\"><span>Pots and toys<\/span><\/p><\/td><td style=\"width:18.45pt; padding-right:5.4pt; padding-left:5.4pt; vertical-align:top\"><p style=\"margin-top:0pt; margin-bottom:0pt; font-size:12pt\"><span>(i)<\/span><\/p><\/td><td style=\"width:121.2pt; padding-right:5.4pt; padding-left:5.4pt; vertical-align:top\"><p style=\"margin-top:0pt; margin-bottom:0pt; font-size:12pt\"><span>Loamy soil<\/span><\/p><\/td><\/tr><tr><td style=\"width:22.95pt; padding-right:5.4pt; padding-left:5.4pt; vertical-align:top\"><p style=\"margin-top:0pt; margin-bottom:0pt; font-size:12pt\"><span>(b)<\/span><\/p><\/td><td style=\"width:129.45pt; padding-right:5.4pt; padding-left:5.4pt; vertical-align:top\"><p style=\"margin-top:0pt; margin-bottom:0pt; font-size:12pt\"><span>Wheat and gram<\/span><span>&nbsp;<\/span><\/p><\/td><td style=\"width:18.45pt; padding-right:5.4pt; padding-left:5.4pt; vertical-align:top\"><p style=\"margin-top:0pt; margin-bottom:0pt; font-size:12pt\"><span>(ii)<\/span><\/p><\/td><td style=\"width:121.2pt; padding-right:5.4pt; padding-left:5.4pt; vertical-align:top\"><p style=\"margin-top:0pt; margin-bottom:0pt; font-size:12pt\"><span>Sandy soil<\/span><\/p><\/td><\/tr><tr><td style=\"width:22.95pt; padding-right:5.4pt; padding-left:5.4pt; vertical-align:top\"><p style=\"margin-top:0pt; margin-bottom:0pt; font-size:12pt\"><span>(c)<\/span><\/p><\/td><td style=\"width:129.45pt; padding-right:5.4pt; padding-left:5.4pt; vertical-align:top\"><p style=\"margin-top:0pt; margin-bottom:0pt; font-size:12pt\"><span>Watermelon<\/span><\/p><\/td><td style=\"width:18.45pt; padding-right:5.4pt; padding-left:5.4pt; vertical-align:top\"><p style=\"margin-top:0pt; margin-bottom:0pt; font-size:12pt\"><span>(iii)<\/span><\/p><\/td><td style=\"width:121.2pt; padding-right:5.4pt; padding-left:5.4pt; vertical-align:top\"><p style=\"margin-top:0pt; margin-bottom:0pt; font-size:12pt\"><span>Farmer\u2019s friend<\/span><\/p><\/td><\/tr><tr style=\"height:8.5pt\"><td style=\"width:22.95pt; padding-right:5.4pt; padding-left:5.4pt; vertical-align:top\"><p style=\"margin-top:0pt; margin-bottom:0pt; font-size:12pt\"><span>(d)<\/span><\/p><\/td><td style=\"width:129.45pt; padding-right:5.4pt; padding-left:5.4pt; vertical-align:top\"><p style=\"margin-top:0pt; margin-bottom:0pt; font-size:12pt\"><span>Earthworm<\/span><\/p><\/td><td style=\"width:18.45pt; padding-right:5.4pt; padding-left:5.4pt; vertical-align:top\"><p style=\"margin-top:0pt; margin-bottom:0pt; font-size:12pt\"><span>(iv)<\/span><\/p><\/td><td style=\"width:121.2pt; padding-right:5.4pt; padding-left:5.4pt; vertical-align:top\"><p style=\"margin-top:0pt; margin-bottom:0pt; font-size:12pt\"><span>Clayey soil<\/span><\/p><\/td><\/tr><\/tbody><\/table><br><pstyle=\"margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;line-height:115%;font-size:12pt\"><spanstyle=\"font-family:'timesnewroman';color:#202124;-aw-import:ignore\"><p><\/p><pstyle=\"margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;line-height:115%;font-size:12pt\"><spanstyle=\"font-family:'timesnewroman';color:#202124;-aw-import:ignore\"><p><\/p><\/spanstyle=\"font-family:'timesnewroman';color:#202124;-aw-import:ignore\"><\/pstyle=\"margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;line-height:115%;font-size:12pt\"><\/spanstyle=\"font-family:'timesnewroman';color:#202124;-aw-import:ignore\"><\/pstyle=\"margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;line-height:115%;font-size:12pt\">","options":[{"option":"<span>a-iv; b-i; c-ii; d-iii<\/span>","correct":true},{"option":"<span>a-iv; b-iii; c-ii; d-i<\/span>","correct":false},{"option":"<span>a-vi; b-ii; c-i; d-iii<\/span>","correct":false},{"option":"<span>a-i; b-iii; c-iv; d-ii<\/span><span>&nbsp;<\/span>","correct":false}],"solution":"<span>Pots and toys are made of clayey soil because water can be held in the tiny gaps between the particles of clay, and the soil gets sticky when it comes in contact with water. It becomes easy to mould the soil into shapes of toys and pots. The earthworm is known to be a farmer\u2019s friend. Earthworm improves the quality of soil as it recycles the organic waste into humus and makes the soil more fertile. Wheat and gram are grown in the loamy soil. Loamy soil has fine particles; they retain more water than other soil. The watermelons are grown in sandy soil as it promotes aeration in the earth which helps control moisture and temperature.<\/span><br><span>&nbsp;<\/span>","subject":"Chemistry"},"yoast_head":"<!-- This site is optimized with the Yoast SEO plugin v17.9 - https:\/\/yoast.com\/wordpress\/plugins\/seo\/ -->\n<title>Match the items in column I with their place of soil origin in column II.Matrix:\u00a0Column I\u00a0Column II(a)Pots and toys(i)Loamy soil(b)Wheat and gram\u00a0(ii)Sandy soil(c)Watermelon(iii)Farmer\u2019s friend(d)Earthworm(iv)Clayey soil - Infinity Learn by Sri Chaitanya<\/title>\n<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Match the items in column I with their place of soil origin in column II.Matrix:\u00a0Column I\u00a0Column II(a)Pots and toys(i)Loamy soil(b)Wheat and gram\u00a0(ii)Sandy soil(c)Watermelon(iii)Farmer\u2019s friend(d)Earthworm(iv)Clayey soil\" \/>\n<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"index, follow, max-snippet:-1, max-image-preview:large, max-video-preview:-1\" \/>\n<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/question\/chemistry\/match-the-items-in-column-i-with-their-place-of-soil-origin\/\" \/>\n<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Match the items in column I with their place of soil origin in column II.Matrix:\u00a0Column I\u00a0Column II(a)Pots and toys(i)Loamy soil(b)Wheat and gram\u00a0(ii)Sandy soil(c)Watermelon(iii)Farmer\u2019s friend(d)Earthworm(iv)Clayey soil - Infinity Learn by Sri Chaitanya\" \/>\n<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Match the items in column I with their place of soil origin in column II.Matrix:\u00a0Column I\u00a0Column II(a)Pots and toys(i)Loamy soil(b)Wheat and gram\u00a0(ii)Sandy soil(c)Watermelon(iii)Farmer\u2019s friend(d)Earthworm(iv)Clayey soil\" \/>\n<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/question\/chemistry\/match-the-items-in-column-i-with-their-place-of-soil-origin\/\" \/>\n<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Infinity Learn by Sri Chaitanya\" \/>\n<meta property=\"article:publisher\" content=\"https:\/\/www.facebook.com\/InfinityLearn.SriChaitanya\/\" \/>\n<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2025-06-25T07:08:18+00:00\" \/>\n<meta property=\"og:image\" content=\"https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/04\/infinitylearn.jpg\" \/>\n\t<meta property=\"og:image:width\" content=\"1920\" \/>\n\t<meta property=\"og:image:height\" content=\"1008\" \/>\n\t<meta property=\"og:image:type\" content=\"image\/jpeg\" \/>\n<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n<meta name=\"twitter:site\" content=\"@InfinityLearn_\" \/>\n<!-- \/ Yoast SEO plugin. -->","yoast_head_json":{"title":"Match the items in column I with their place of soil origin in column II.Matrix:\u00a0Column I\u00a0Column II(a)Pots and toys(i)Loamy soil(b)Wheat and gram\u00a0(ii)Sandy soil(c)Watermelon(iii)Farmer\u2019s friend(d)Earthworm(iv)Clayey soil - Infinity Learn by Sri Chaitanya","description":"Match the items in column I with their place of soil origin in column II.Matrix:\u00a0Column I\u00a0Column II(a)Pots and toys(i)Loamy soil(b)Wheat and gram\u00a0(ii)Sandy soil(c)Watermelon(iii)Farmer\u2019s friend(d)Earthworm(iv)Clayey soil","robots":{"index":"index","follow":"follow","max-snippet":"max-snippet:-1","max-image-preview":"max-image-preview:large","max-video-preview":"max-video-preview:-1"},"canonical":"https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/question\/chemistry\/match-the-items-in-column-i-with-their-place-of-soil-origin\/","og_locale":"en_US","og_type":"article","og_title":"Match the items in column I with their place of soil origin in column II.Matrix:\u00a0Column I\u00a0Column II(a)Pots and toys(i)Loamy soil(b)Wheat and gram\u00a0(ii)Sandy soil(c)Watermelon(iii)Farmer\u2019s friend(d)Earthworm(iv)Clayey soil - Infinity Learn by Sri Chaitanya","og_description":"Match the items in column I with their place of soil origin in column II.Matrix:\u00a0Column I\u00a0Column II(a)Pots and toys(i)Loamy soil(b)Wheat and gram\u00a0(ii)Sandy soil(c)Watermelon(iii)Farmer\u2019s friend(d)Earthworm(iv)Clayey soil","og_url":"https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/question\/chemistry\/match-the-items-in-column-i-with-their-place-of-soil-origin\/","og_site_name":"Infinity Learn by Sri Chaitanya","article_publisher":"https:\/\/www.facebook.com\/InfinityLearn.SriChaitanya\/","article_modified_time":"2025-06-25T07:08:18+00:00","og_image":[{"width":1920,"height":1008,"url":"https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/04\/infinitylearn.jpg","type":"image\/jpeg"}],"twitter_card":"summary_large_image","twitter_site":"@InfinityLearn_","schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/#organization","name":"Infinity Learn","url":"https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/","sameAs":["https:\/\/www.facebook.com\/InfinityLearn.SriChaitanya\/","https:\/\/www.instagram.com\/infinitylearn_by_srichaitanya\/","https:\/\/www.linkedin.com\/company\/infinity-learn-by-sri-chaitanya\/","https:\/\/www.youtube.com\/c\/InfinityLearnEdu","https:\/\/twitter.com\/InfinityLearn_"],"logo":{"@type":"ImageObject","@id":"https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/#logo","inLanguage":"en-US","url":"","contentUrl":"","caption":"Infinity Learn"},"image":{"@id":"https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/#logo"}},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/#website","url":"https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/","name":"Infinity Learn by Sri Chaitanya","description":"Surge","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/#organization"},"potentialAction":[{"@type":"SearchAction","target":{"@type":"EntryPoint","urlTemplate":"https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/?s={search_term_string}"},"query-input":"required name=search_term_string"}],"inLanguage":"en-US"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/question\/chemistry\/match-the-items-in-column-i-with-their-place-of-soil-origin\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/question\/chemistry\/match-the-items-in-column-i-with-their-place-of-soil-origin\/","name":"Match the items in column I with their place of soil origin in column II.Matrix:\u00a0Column I\u00a0Column II(a)Pots and toys(i)Loamy soil(b)Wheat and gram\u00a0(ii)Sandy soil(c)Watermelon(iii)Farmer\u2019s friend(d)Earthworm(iv)Clayey soil - Infinity Learn by Sri Chaitanya","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/#website"},"datePublished":"2023-09-02T14:43:47+00:00","dateModified":"2025-06-25T07:08:18+00:00","description":"Match the items in column I with their place of soil origin in column II.Matrix:\u00a0Column I\u00a0Column II(a)Pots and toys(i)Loamy soil(b)Wheat and gram\u00a0(ii)Sandy soil(c)Watermelon(iii)Farmer\u2019s friend(d)Earthworm(iv)Clayey soil","breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/question\/chemistry\/match-the-items-in-column-i-with-their-place-of-soil-origin\/#breadcrumb"},"inLanguage":"en-US","potentialAction":[{"@type":"ReadAction","target":["https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/question\/chemistry\/match-the-items-in-column-i-with-their-place-of-soil-origin\/"]}]},{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/question\/chemistry\/match-the-items-in-column-i-with-their-place-of-soil-origin\/#breadcrumb","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/"},{"@type":"ListItem","position":2,"name":"Match the items in column I with their place of soil origin in column II.Matrix:\u00a0Column I\u00a0Column II(a)Pots and toys(i)Loamy soil(b)Wheat and gram\u00a0(ii)Sandy soil(c)Watermelon(iii)Farmer\u2019s friend(d)Earthworm(iv)Clayey soil"}]}]}},"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/questions\/677090"}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/questions"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/questions"}],"author":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/users\/1"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=677090"}],"wp:term":[{"taxonomy":"category","embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/infinitylearn.com\/surge\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/categories?post=677090"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}