Table of Contents
ONGC Scholarship 2019: ONGC Scholarship 2019 is a CSR initiative run by the Oil and Natural Gas Company (ONGC) Limited. ONGC Scholarship offers scholarships to SC/ST meritorious students for pursuing professional courses. These are Engineering, Medical and Master degrees in Business Administrative, Geology, and Geophysics. Candidates who are Indian nationals and studying in the specified courses can apply for this scholarship scheme. Candidates can fill the application form and apply for this scholarship on or before the 3rd week of January 2020.
ONGC scholarship rewards 1000 meritorious candidates every year. 50% of this scholarship is reserved for girl candidates. However, five zones in the states of India are eligible to apply for this scholarship. The article below provides the information that is eligibility, application, and so forth about ONGC Scholarship 2019.
ONGC Scholarship 2019 for SC/ST meritorious students is one of its initiatives to encourage them to pursue higher education. This scholarship scheme helps SC/ST meritorious students to complete professional courses without financial hurdle. ONGC is a multinational oil and gas public enterprise company in India. It is the largest producer of natural gas and oil across the nation. As a part of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), the company has introduced various schemes. These schemes focus on areas like education, healthcare, entrepreneurship, women empowerment, water management and many more.
ONGC Scholarship Overview
|Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) Limited
|ONGC Scholarship for SC/ST meritorious students
|Total number of Available Scholarships
|Amount of Scholarship
|Rs. 4,000/- per month to each scholar (Rs. 48,000/- per annum)
|Stream-wise Scholarships Distribution
|Engineering – 494
MBBS – 90
MBA – 146
Masters in Geology/ Geophysics – 270
|Zone-wise Scholarships Distribution
|J&K, Delhi, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Chandigarh, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh – 200.
Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Daman & Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli – 200.
Assam, Sikkim, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura – 200
Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal – 200.
Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Puducherry, Lakshadweep, Andaman & Nicobar Islands – 200.
ONGC Scholarship 2019 – Important Dates
|Start of ONGC Scholarship Application
|22 November 2019
|Deadline to Submit ONGC Scholarship Application
|21 January 2020
|Declaration of Final List of Scholarship Beneficiaries
|Last Week of March 2020
ONGC Scholarship 2019 – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to apply for ONGC Scholarship:
- Students studying in India and must belong to Indian citizenship.
- The age limit of the students must not be more than 30 years as on 1st November of the current academic session.
- SC/ ST category students can only apply for this scholarship.
- Candidate must be pursuing the following full-time courses in an AICTE/UGC/State or Central Govt approved institutes.
- 1st year of Engineering/ MBBS courses
- 1st year of MBA or Master in Geology/ Geophysics courses
- Candidates pursuing the following courses are also eligible
- 4 years of Engineering or MBBS courses
- 2 years Masters course in Business Administration
- 2 years Masters course in Geology/ Geophysics
- The family income of candidates including all sources should not be more than 4.5 Lakh per annum.
- Candidates must have passed with minimum 60% marks or equivalent CGPA in class 12 for Engineering/ MBBS degrees.
- Candidates must have passed graduation with minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA for MBA or Masters in Geology/ Geophysics.
ONGC Scholarship 2019 – Selection Process
The selection process for ONGC Scholarship is given below
- It is a merit-based scholarship which considers academic merit prescribed for each eligible course for final selection.
- The company prepares the list of final selected scholars and invite them for an interview.
- If candidates having an equal percentage in the exam then the one with lower family income will be selected for this scholarship.
- First preference will be given to candidates from Below Poverty Line (BPL) families.
- If sufficient candidates from BPL families satisfying the eligibility criteria are not available then only other candidates will be considered.
- If the candidate pursuing an Engineering or MBBS degree then the selection is based on the performance in the 12th class examination.
- Whereas the selection of candidates will be based on the performance at the graduation level who are pursuing an MBA or Masters degree in Geology or Geophysics.
ONGC Scholarship 2019 – Application Process
The application for ONGC Scholarship will be available online in the third week of November 2019. Candidates can fill and submit the application in the 3rd week of January 2020. Refer to the below points to apply for ONGC Scholarship 2019.
- Candidates should visit the official website www.ongcindia.com.
- Click on the “Advertisement of ONGC Scholarship to SC/ST” appear under the “News and Update” section of the homepage.
- Download the application format available in pdf form.
- Read ONGC SC/ST Scholarship details carefully. Fill all the essential details in the application form in capital letters.
- Recheck the application thoroughly to avoid rejection by the authorities during verification.
- Attach xerox copies of all required documents along with the application. The documents must be duly certified as well as forwarded by the Head/ Principal of the School/ College/ University.
- Enclose the completed application along with the documents in an envelope. Then, send it to the designated ONGC office of your respective zone.
- The zone from where you can apply is based on the location of your college/university of the qualifying exam.
- The zone is not decided on the basis of your domicile.
- Send the completed application to the below-mentioned address of designated zone offices.
ONGC Scholarship – Zone-wise Address for Application Submission
|Chief Manager (HR), ONGC,
A-Wing, Reservation Cell, Green Hills, Telephone Bhavan, Dehradun – 248003
ONGC, NBP Green Heights, Plot No. C-69, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (E), Mumbai – 400051
|Incharge HR/ER, ONGC, SVS, 2nd Floor, Central Workshop, Assam Asset, B.G. Road, Assam, Sivasagar – 785640
MBA Basin, ONGC, 50 – J.L. Nehru Road, Kolkata – 700071
ONGC, 7th Floor, East Wing, CMDA Tower – I, Gandhi Irwin Road, Egmore, Chennai – 600008
ONGC Scholarship 2019 – Checklist of Documents
Candidates must include the below-mentioned documents along with the application to apply for ONGC Scholarship.
- Passport size photograph of the candidate
- Caste certificate in English/Hindi language
- Age proof (birth certificate or 10th class mark sheets)
- Marksheets of the qualifying examination
- Annual family income certificate in English/Hindi language
- Bank details of the candidate in the prescribed format
- Xerox copy of PAN Card
ONGC Scholarship 2019 – Terms and Conditions
Candidates must refer to the below terms and conditions to apply for ONGC Scholarship:
- Candidates who are applying for the ONGC scholarship should not be availing any other scholarship or financial assistance.
- The scholars need to show satisfactory performance in each year’s annual exam in order to continue the scholarship every year.
- The conduct of the scholar is also considered for scholarship continuation.
- Candidates have to secure minimum 50% marks or a scale of 5 grade points out of 10.
- If the candidate fails to maintain the academic requirements or conduct then the scholarship will not be paid to them for the respective year.
- If the scholarship is discontinued, candidates can apply for a renewal by filling the scholarship renewal application form.
- The renewal application form should be filled in the specified format.
- If candidates are able to maintain the said percentage or grades again then only they can apply for scholarship renewal.
ONGC Scholarship 2019 – Result
The result for ONGC Scholarship will be released on the official website in the last week of March 2020. Candidates can go to the official website www.ongcindia.com to check the final list of the scholarship beneficiaries. The shortlisted candidate’s documents will be verified after declaring the result. The Scholarships will be awarded only to the shortlisted candidates by ONGC.
ONGC Scholarship 2019 – Contact Details
In case of any queries related to ONGC Scholarship or any assistance contact on the below-mentioned details.
|Plot No. 5A-5B, Nelson Mandela Road, Vasant Kunj,
New Delhi – 110070
FAQ’s on ONGC Scholarship 2019
How is ONGC Scholarship helpful to SC/ST students?
ONGC Scholarship offers scholarships to SC/ST meritorious students for pursuing professional courses. These professional courses include Engineering, Medical and Master degrees in Business Administrative, Geology, and Geophysics.
How many scholarships are awarded to meritorious candidates every year?
ONGC scholarship rewards 1000 meritorious candidates every year.
How many scholarships are reserved for girl candidates?
50% of ONGC Scholarship is reserved only for girl candidates.
What are the ONGC Scholarship application starting and closing date?
The ONGC Scholarship application starting date is the third week of November 2019. The application closing date is the third week of January 2020.
What is the age limit to apply for ONGC Scholarship 2019?
The age limit of the students must not be more than 30 years as on 1st November of the current academic session.
Hope this article will help you to get more information about ONGC Scholarship 2019. If you have queries related to ONGC Scholarship, then leave it in the comment box to get in touch with us.