Table of Contents
The SVMCM (Swami Vivekanand Merit Cum Means Scholarship) scholarship is intended to help students who are capable but financially disadvantaged. Swami Vivekananda, a prominent Indian philosopher and spiritual leader who highlighted the importance of education in shaping a brighter future for the entire nation, is honoured with the scholarship. The scholarship helps students whose family background is weak. Candidates who are below the poverty line can apply for this scholarship. In this post, we will learn about the Swami Vivekanand Scholarship, its eligibility, benefits, how to apply, and SVMCM Renewal. Read the complete article to learn more about the SVMCM Scholarship.
What is the SVMCM Scholarship?
Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship is commonly referred to as SVMCM scholarship. The SVMCM is a West Bengal government initiative that assists deserving students who are financially disadvantaged. The SVMCM Scholarship program provides financial assistance to students who excel academically and come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. The SVMCM scholarship is managed by the Government of West Bengal’s Higher Education Department.
It is available to students at all educational levels, including undergraduate, postgraduate, and research programs. One of the most distinguishing features of the SVMCM Scholarship is that it is primarily a means-based scholarship. This means that students must not only demonstrate academic excellence, but they must also come from low-income families.
The scholarship is a significant benefit to such students because it helps alleviate the financial burden of higher education. This scholarship provides financial assistance in the form of a monthly stipend to recipients to cover their educational expenses. However, the SVMCM scholarship amount varies according to the level of education. Undergraduate and postgraduate students may be eligible for a monthly stipend, whereas research scholars may be eligible for a one-time grant. This assistance goes a long way toward covering tuition, books, and other related costs, allowing beneficiaries to concentrate on their studies.
Applicants must meet specific criteria related to academic performance, family income, and the institution where they are studying to be eligible for the SVMCM Scholarship. The selection process is highly competitive, with successful applicants chosen on the basis of merit and financial need. The scholarship is not only a source of financial assistance, but it is also an acknowledgment of the hard work and dedication of students who have excelled in their studies despite economic challenges.
SVMCM Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Students interested in applying for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Scheme 2023 should review the SVMCM eligibility criteria listed below to see if they qualify for the SVMCM 2023 scholarship scheme: Students must be enrolled in one of the following courses on a regular basis:
- Classes 11 and 12
- Undergraduate (Science, Arts, Commerce, Engineering, Medical, and Technical/Professional programs)
- Postgraduate (Science/Arts/Commerce/Technology/Management)
Students must have passed in the years 2022, 2021, or 2020 with:
- 60% marks in aggregate in the last qualifying examination (75% for previous year pass-out candidates) from the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education/West Bengal Council for Higher Secondary Education/Madrasa Education for Higher Secondary level or Under Graduate level Scholarship
- 60% marks in aggregate in diploma courses from Institutes approved by AICTE and affiliated with WBSCT&VE&SD for Under Graduate Level Scholarship (in 2nd year Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy courses through Lateral Entry) or affiliated by State Medical Faculty for Under Graduate Level Scholarship (in 2nd year Pharmacy courses through Lateral Entry).
- 53% marks in aggregate in Graduation (Honours Subject) from any State University for PG Level Scholarship (General Education) /55% marks in Graduate Courses from any State University or AICTE approved Institute of West Bengal for Post Graduate Level Scholarship (Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy).
- Students pursuing M.Phil. courses and Doctoral courses (Non-NET Junior Research Fellow and NET-Lecturership) from State-aided institutions
- Girls pursuing PG degrees from universities in the state after obtaining Undergraduate degrees with at least 45% marks in aggregate can avail of the scholarship scheme as Kanyashree (K3) applicants.
- All candidates must have a family income of Rs. 2,50,000 /- per annum or below in order to be able to apply for the SVMCM scheme in 2023.
How do I apply for the SVMCM Scholarship?
To be eligible for this scholarship, students must complete the SVMCM Scholarship 2023 application process, which is detailed below.
- Applicants must complete the SVMCM 2023 registration form, which is available on the SVMCM scholarship official website.
- After submitting the SVMCM registration form in 2023, an applicant ID will be generated.
- Log in to Swami Vivekananda Scholarship and complete the entire SVMCM application form for 2023.
- Scanned copies of photographs and signatures should be uploaded.
- After submitting the SVMCM application form 2023, the ‘Scanned Supporting Document Upload’ page will appear on the screen. Students will be required to upload the documents.
- After successfully uploading the documents, review the entire application form in view mode, and then click ‘Submit Application’ to finish the SVMCM 2023 application process.
Documents required for SVMCM Renewal of the Scholarship
- For the SVMCM renewal of a scholarship in class 12, candidates need to submit their class 11 marksheet.
- To renew a 2nd-year scholarship, candidates enrolled in UG programs must submit their 1st and 2nd-semester mark sheets.
- For SVMCM renewal of a 2nd-year scholarship, candidates enrolled in UG programs must submit their 1st and 2nd-semester mark sheets.
- Admission receipt for promotion to NET higher class
- For renewal of a 3rd-year scholarship, candidates enrolled in UG programs must submit their 3rd and 4th-semester mark sheets.
SVMCM Renewal Application
The Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship application will only be accepted online. Candidates can apply quickly and easily through the SVMCM Application Portal. Apply Online for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Renewal by following the step-by-step procedure.
- Visit the Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship (SVMCM) online application portal and select the ‘Applicant Login’ option on that page.
- Log in to the website with your SVMCM Scholarship Application ID and Password from the previous year.
- You will receive your complete information after successfully logging into the website. Check all of the details, then click on Apply for SVMCM Renewal Application to continue.
- Now, click the gear icon and enter the bank account number from which you received the scholarship the previous year. Then, for confirmation, click the SVMCM Renewal Authentication’ button.
- Enter the information for your current course (semester). Provide the results of your most recent final examination for your current course. Convert your CGPA marks into percentages, and then provide them on the application form.
- Upload the required documents in PDF format, including the final exam mark sheet and higher class admission receipt, before submitting your application.
- Download and print the completed SVMCM renewal application form for future reference.
FAQs on SVMCM Scholarship
What is the SVMCM renewal date of the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship?
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Renewal Applications for the academic years 2020-2021 and 2023-2024 are due on July 7, 2023. Applications for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship renewals for minority students are due on June 30.
Does the scholarship renew every year?
While some scholarships are automatically renewed each year, others may require you to reapply in order to be considered for them again. Remember that the candidate must be qualified.
What is the size of the documents for SVMCM renewal?
The photo and signature should be in JPG/JPEG format, with file sizes of 20-50KB and 10-20KB, respectively. What file format and size should be used when uploading documents? Documents must be in PDF format and no larger than 400KB in size.