Subject specialists have created NCERT solutions for class 12 Chemistry chapter 11 which includes thorough solutions for reference. These solutions are updated according to the latest term – II CBSE syllabus for 2021-22 and are provided in easy language for understanding. Tips and tricks are also provided.
These solutions are provided by Infinity Learn so a student can clear his doubts and get help with a deep understanding of the concept. Also, you can refer them to make the chapter notes and revisions notes. You can also download PDF from the link.
Class 12 NCERT Solutions for Chemistry Chapter 11 Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
This chapter is included in the term – I CBSE Syllabus for 2021-22. After going through the NCERT solutions, students can learn how to write the names of alcohols, phenols, and ethers according to the IUPAC system of nomenclature.
- Reactions involve making alcohol from Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers.
- Also, it includes the preparation of phenols from benzene sulphonic acids, haloarenes, cumene, and diazonium salt.
- It also involves the preparation of ethers from alcohols, alkyl halides, and sodium alkoxides.
- The physical properties of ethers, phenols, and alcohols.
Subtopics for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 11 – Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
- Structures of Functional groups
- Alcohols and phenols
- Some Commercially Important alcohols
Why Opt for Infinity learn?
While solving NCERT textbook questions students can also solve sample papers and exemplar problems. By Solving previous year’s questions and sample papers you will get familiar with the term – II exam pattern as well as the marking scheme.
Along with that students can also follow study materials, and textbook solutions can act as the best revision notes. Students are also advised to make study notes so that they can go through the notes for quick revision.
Frequently Asked Questions on NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 11
- How can I learn Chapter 11 of NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry faster?
- What concepts will I learn in Chapter 11 of NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry?
- Does the NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 11 help students with their first term exam preparation?
1. How can I learn Chapter 11 of NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry faster?
Before going through these solutions, students must know about the concepts related to IUPAC names and structures. By referring to the NCERT Solutions, students can understand the classification of compounds in a systematic way. In the chapter, we learn about the classification of mono, di, tri, or polyhydric alcohols according to the term – I CBSE Syllabus. The preparation of alcohols, phenols, and ethers is well explained for a deep understanding of students.
2. What concepts will I learn in Chapter 11 of NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry?
In this chapter, students will learn about important concepts like –
3. Structures of Functional groups
4. Alcohols and phenols
5. Some Commercially Important alcohols
3. Does the NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 11 help students with their first term exam preparation?
The marks scored in class12 help students to reach their career paths. Before preparing for the first term exam, students must know the syllabus and weightage of marks for the term – I CBSE guidelines. Students facing problems on solving the NCERT textbook can refer to these notes. These solutions are made very carefully according to class 12th students. It mainly improves the logical and analytical thinking skills among students which are very important for the first term exam.