NCERT Solutions Class 6 Science Chapter 11 – Free PDF Download
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 11 Light, Shadows, and Reflections provided here will aid you in a better understanding of the concepts involved in the CBSE Class 6 syllabus(2021 – 22). Detailed answers and explanations provided on this page will clear all your doubts on concepts of light. These NCERT Solutions are a crucial resource as Chapter 11 has a good weightage of marks being asked in the Class 6 examination every year. Light is also a very basic concept to which many advanced topics are interrelated. Hence, it is very important for the students to get well versed with this Chapter’s solutions.
Chapter 11 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science covers the concept of opacity, transparent objects, translucent objects, the formation of shadows, concepts of reflection, forming pinhole camera, mirror, and its uses. NCERT Solutions is one of the best ways to strengthen one’s skills and knowledge. It contains all the relevant study material that can help the students score well in the examinations. This is an important chapter from the examination perspective.
CHAPTER 11_ LIGHT, SHADOWS & REFLECTION
NCERT TEXTUAL QUESTIONS
1. Rearrange the boxes given below to make a sentence that helps us understand opaque objects.
2. Classify the objects or materials given below as opaque, transparent, translucent, and luminous, or non-luminous.
Air, water, a piece of rock, a sheet of aluminium, a mirror, a wooden board, a sheet of polythene, a CD, smoke, a sheet of plane glass, fog, a piece of red hot iron, an umbrella, a lighted fluorescent tube, a wall, a sheet of carbon paper, the flame of a gas burner, a sheet of cardboard, a lighted torch, a sheet of cellopane, a wire mesh, kerosene stove, sun, firefly, moon.
A.Transparent Objects: Air, water, a sheet of plane glass, a wire mesh.
Opaque objects: A piece of rock, a wooden board, an umbrella, a sheet of aluminium, a mirror, a wall, a sheet of carbon paper, a sheet of card board.
Translucent objects : A sheet of polythene, smoke, fog, a sheet of cellopane.
Luminous objects: The sun, a sheet of red hot iron, a lighted fluorescent tube, a flame of a gas burner,
a lighted torch, kerosene stove, firefly.
Non-luminous objects : Air, water piece of rock, sheet of aluminium, sheet of polythene, wooden board, a CD, smoke, moon, etc.
3. Can you think of creating a shape that would give a circular shadow if held in one way and rectangular shadow if held in another way ?
A.Yes. If the base of cylinder is focused to light, it gives circular shadow.
If the cylinder is focused horizontally on the light, it gives a rectangular shadow.
4. In a completely dark room, if you hold up a mirror in front of you, will you see a reflection of yourself in the mirror?
A.No. It is not possible because we do not have source of light. So, a reflection of light does not take place. Hence, we can not see images in the mirror.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 11 Light, Shadows and Reflections Important topics are listed below:
- Transparent, opaque, and translucent objects
- What exactly are shadows?
- A pinhole camera
- Mirrors and reflections
At INFINITY LEARN, you get free NCERT Solutions of all the classes, subjects, and chapters. To help your exam preparation, INFINITY LEARN also provides NCERT Notes, videos, animations, previous year question papers, sample papers, NCERT Exemplar Solutions, and textbooks. To get access to all the resource materials provided by us, students should download the INFINITY LEARN Learning App.
Frequently Asked Questions on NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 11
- Where can I get the accurate NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 11 for free?
- How to prepare Chapter 11 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science for the annual exam?
- List out the concepts covered in Chapter 11 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science.
1. Where can I get the accurate NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 11 for free?
Choosing the correct study material is a tough task for CBSE students. To satisfy this need, the faculty at INFINITY LEARN have designed the accurate NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 11 for free. The chapter-wise PDF format of solutions can be accessed by the students irrespective of time. The solutions are created as per the latest CBSE syllabus and guidelines to help students ace the exam without fear. The answers are available for all the questions present in the textbook to boost the exam preparation of students.
2. How to prepare Chapter 11 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science for the annual exam?
Science is one of the important subjects which requires lots of conceptual knowledge. By learning the chapters on a daily basis, students will obtain a firm grip on the basic concepts which are important from the exam point of view. The solutions are framed by the faculty at INFINITY LEARN as per the CBSE syllabus and guidelines. Students are recommended to prepare Chapter 11 by referring to the NCERT Solutions. The chapter-wise solutions can be used by the students both in online and offline mode to get an overall idea about the topics which are of higher marks weightage.
3. List out the concepts covered in Chapter 11 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science.
The concepts covered in Chapter 11 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science are –
1. Transparent, opaque and translucent objects
2. What exactly are shadows?
3. A pinhole camera
4. Mirrors and reflections