Table of Contents
The NEET Chemistry section consists of 50 questions, and candidates need to answer 45 of them. If you’re preparing for this entrance test, you can check out this article to discover the Best Chemistry Books for NEET 2024.
Chemistry Books for NEET: When getting ready for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET), many find Chemistry challenging. However, Chemistry makes up 25% of the NEET exam, so it’s crucial. To improve in Chemistry, you should choose the right NEET Chemistry books.
Your choice of study materials can greatly impact your success in the exam. The NEET exam structure is likely to stay the same in 2024, with two sections: Section A with 35 questions and Section B with 15 questions, of which you must attempt 10. Biology has the highest weightage, but don’t underestimate the significance of the Chemistry section in NEET.
Best Chemistry Books for NEET 2024
The NEET Chemistry section has 45 questions, categorized into three parts: Physical, Organic, and Inorganic Chemistry. Most questions come from Organic and Inorganic Chemistry, focusing on theory. Physical Chemistry questions involve numbers and need problem-solving abilities.
Best NEET Chemistry Books 2024
To kickstart your preparation, it’s essential for students to begin by using NCERT books. When it comes to getting ready for NEET, these NCERT books are a must-have. They are concise and ideal for taking notes.
You may also consider these resources:
- NCERT Chemistry textbooks for Class 11.
- NCERT Chemistry textbooks for Class 12.
- Modern’s ABC of Chemistry for Class 11.
- Modern’s ABC of Chemistry for Class 12.
These materials will form a solid foundation for your NEET journey.
Once you’ve finished studying the NEET books mentioned earlier, you can begin tackling previous years’ NEET question papers. After mastering the fundamentals, you can then move on to more advanced reference materials.
These question papers contain questions of varying difficulty levels, with some requiring a deeper understanding of the subject. To help you in this journey, here are some recommended reference chemistry books for NEET:
- “Physical Chemistry” by O P Tandon
- “ABC of Chemistry for Classes 11 and 12” by Modern
- “Concise Inorganic Chemistry” by J D Lee
- “Dinesh Chemistry Guide”
- Practice books by V K Jaiswal (Inorganic), M S Chauhan (Organic), and N Awasthi (Physical)
- “Organic Chemistry” by Morrison and Boyd for Organic Chemistry
- “Elementary Problems in Organic Chemistry for NEET/AIIMS” by M S Chauhan
- “Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations” by R C Mukherjee
These books come highly recommended by experts and high-achieving students and can be valuable resources for your NEET preparation journey.
NEET Chemistry Section-Wise Weightage
Once students have acquired their study materials and identified which topics they need to study for NEET 2024, the next step is to create a study schedule. Below, you’ll find a table listing the key topics for the NEET 2024 Chemistry section, along with their respective weightage in the exam.
This table can serve as a valuable resource for planning your study timetable. Additionally, it’s recommended to prioritize reference books for topics with higher weightage when preparing for the exam.
NEET Chemistry Section-Wise Weightage
|Importance and Weightage
|High Priority (3-4 questions)
|Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
|Important (2+ questions)
|Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic Acids
|d- and f-block elements
|p-block elements (13 & 14)
|p-block elements (15, 16, 17, 18)
|Chemistry in Everyday Life
Low Priority (0-1 question)
|General Principles and Process of Isolation Elements
|Haloalkanes and Haloarenes; Amines
|N-containing Organic Compounds
|Organic Chemistry Some Basic Principles and Techniques – 1
|Organic Chemistry Some Basic Principles and Techniques – 2
|States of Matter
|Structure of Atom
|The Solid State
NEET Chemistry Preparation Tips
NEET Chemistry holds a substantial weightage in the NEET 2024 examination, encompassing 50 questions and contributing to a total of 160 marks. Given its significance, it’s imperative to devise a well-structured preparation strategy to excel in this section. Here’s a more detailed breakdown of effective preparation tips for NEET Chemistry:
- Foundational Understanding: Commence your preparation by allocating sufficient time to Chemistry. Begin by mastering the fundamental principles, theories, and laws that underpin the subject. Topics such as atomic structure, chemical bonding, the periodic table, and stoichiometry form the bedrock upon which more advanced concepts are built. A strong foundation in these areas is crucial for success.
- Quality Study Materials: Choosing the right study materials is paramount. Seek recommendations from experienced candidates, mentors, or teachers for reliable NEET Chemistry books. In addition to traditional textbooks, consider investing in online resources, video lectures, and study guides to supplement your learning. Diverse resources can provide different perspectives and enhance your understanding.
- Effective Note-Taking: Creating concise notes and flashcards can be a game-changer. These tools help you condense complex information into easily digestible formats. Jot down important concepts, equations, and chemical reactions, especially in Inorganic and Organic Chemistry. These notes and flashcards will serve as valuable revision aids and facilitate quick recall during the exam.
- Focus on Organic Chemistry: Organic Chemistry carries substantial weightage within the NEET Chemistry section. Devote ample time to comprehend its concepts, naming reactions, and reaction mechanisms. Practice solving organic chemistry problems rigorously and become proficient in identifying functional groups. This focus will pay off on exam day.
- Numerical Problem Solving: Approximately 15 questions in NEET are numerical in nature. To tackle these effectively, emphasize topics such as the mole concept, chemical kinetics, thermodynamics, and equilibrium. Developing problem-solving skills and practicing a wide range of numerical problems will prepare you for this aspect of the exam.
- Practice with Previous Papers: Solving previous years’ NEET Chemistry question papers is a strategic move. It allows you to familiarize yourself with the exam’s pattern, question types, and difficulty levels. This practice helps you manage your time efficiently during the actual exam and ensures that you’re well-prepared for the challenges ahead.
- Seek Guidance and Clarification: If you encounter doubts or difficulties while preparing for the NEET Chemistry section, don’t hesitate to consult your mentors, teachers, or peers. They can provide valuable insights and explanations. Additionally, consider enrolling in online platforms or courses like PW Saarthi that specialize in clarifying doubts and enhancing your understanding.
Incorporating these detailed strategies into your NEET Chemistry preparation will enhance your overall readiness for the exam. Remember that a well-structured and comprehensive approach to studying Chemistry can significantly boost your confidence and performance on the NEET 2024 examination day.
Best Chemistry Books for NEET 2024 FAQs
Why is it important to choose the right chemistry books for NEET preparation?
Selecting the right chemistry books is crucial because they lay the foundation for your understanding of the subject. Well-recommended books provide clear explanations, practice problems, and a comprehensive coverage of topics, which are essential for success in NEET.
Are NCERT books sufficient for NEET Chemistry preparation?
Yes, NCERT books are highly recommended for NEET preparation. They provide a solid base and cover the essential topics. However, for a more in-depth understanding and practice, it's advisable to supplement them with additional reference books.
What are some reference books for NEET Chemistry beyond NCERT?
Some recommended reference books for NEET Chemistry include 'Physical Chemistry' by O P Tandon, 'ABC of Chemistry for Classes 11 and 12' by Modern, 'Concise Inorganic Chemistry' by J D Lee, and many others mentioned in the article. These books offer more detailed insights and practice problems.
What are the best strategies for preparing for NEET Chemistry?
Effective strategies include building a strong foundational understanding, using quality study materials, creating concise notes, focusing on organic chemistry, practicing numerical problems, solving previous years' papers, and seeking guidance when faced with doubts.
When should I start preparing for NEET Chemistry?
Ideally, you should start your NEET Chemistry preparation early, preferably as soon as you begin your Class 11 studies. This allows for gradual and thorough understanding of concepts.