MMMUT Syllabus 2020: The Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology has conducted Entrance examination for admission to UG and PG Courses, in different colleges of the state of Uttar Pradesh by University Admission Committee (UAC). So the candidates who are planning to appear for MMMUT Entrance Test must be aware of MMMUT Syllabus and Exam Pattern. Having good knowledge over MMMUT Syllabus will help aspirants to schedule their preparation plan.
Students who are in the absence of an internet connection can also download the MMMUT Syllabus PDF for free. Read on to find out everything about MMMUT Syllabus. The complete syllabus of the MMUT examination is mentioned below.
Syllabus for MMMUT Entrance Exam 2020 UG and PG
Paper – 1 (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics)
Section A – Physics
- Motion in one dimension
- Laws of Motion
- Motion in two dimensions
- Work, Power, and Energy
- Linear Momentum and collisions
- Rotation of a rigid body about a fixed axis
- Oscillatory motion
- Mechanics of solids and fluids
- Heat and thermodynamics
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current
- Magnetism in Matter
- Electromagnetic induction
- Ray Optics and optical instruments
- Wave Optics
- Modern Physics
Section B – Chemistry
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding
- Redox Reactions
- Chemical Equilibrium and Kinetics
- Acid-Base Concepts
- Colligative Properties of Solution
- Periodic Table
- Preparation and Properties
- General Organic Chemistry
- Solid State
Section C – Mathematics
- Coordinate Geometry
Download MMMUT Syllabus 2019 from Here for all the papers.
Paper – 2 (Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders In Engineering)
Engineering Mechanics, Engineering Graphics, Basic Electrical Engg., Basic Electronics Engg., Elements of computer science, Elementary Biology, Basic Workshop Practice and Physics/Chemistry/Maths of Diploma standard.
Paper – 3 (Aptitude Test for B.Sc. Graduate In Engineering)
- Linear Algebra: Matrix Algebra, Systems of linear equations, Eigen values and Eigen vectors.
- Calculus: Mean value theorems, Theorems of integral calculus, Evaluation of definite and improper integrals, Partial Derivatives, Maxima and minima, multiple integrals, Fourier series. Vector identities, Directional derivatives, Line, Surface and Volume integrals, Stokes, Gauss and Green’s theorems.
- Differential equations: First order equation (linear and nonlinear), Higher order linear differential equations with constant coefficients, Method of variation of parameters, Cauchy’s and Euler’s equations, Initial and boundary value problems, Linear partial differential equations with constant coefficients of 2nd order and their classifications and variable separable method.
- Complex variables: Analytic functions, Cauchy’s integral theorem, and integral formula, Taylor’s and Laurent’ series, Residue theorem, solution integrals.
- Probability and Statistics: Sampling theorems, Conditional probability, Mean, median, mode and standard deviation, Random variables, Discrete and continuous distributions, Poisson, Normal and Binomial distribution, Correlation and regression analysis.
- Fourier Series: Periodic functions, Trigonometric series, Fourier series of a period, Euler’s formulae, Functions having an arbitrary period, Change of the interval, Even and odd functions, Half range sine and cosine series.
- Transform Theory: Laplace transform, Laplace transform of derivatives and integrals, Inverse Laplace transform, Laplace transform of periodic functions, Convolution theorem, Application to solve simple linear and simultaneous differential equations. Fourier integral, Fourier complex transform, Fourier sine and cosine transforms and applications to simple heat transfer equations. Z – Transform and its application to solve differential equations.
Paper – 4 (Aptitude Test for MBA)
The test is aimed at evaluating the verbal ability, quantitative aptitude, logical and abstract reasoning and knowledge of current affairs. The following is a brief description of the contents of the test paper.
- Section-A (English Language): Grammar, vocabulary, uncommon words, sentence completion, synonyms, antonyms, the relationship between words and phrases and comprehension of passages.
- Section-B (Numerical Aptitude): Numerical calculation, arithmetic, simple algebra, geometry and trigonometry, Interpretation of graphs, charts, and tables.
- Section-C (Thinking and Decision Making): Creative thinking, unfamiliar relationships, verbal reasoning, finding patterns trends and Assessment of figures and diagrams.
- Section-D (General Awareness): Knowledge of current affairs and other issues related to trade, industry, economy, sports, culture, and science.
Paper – 5 (Aptitude Test for MCA)
- Modern Algebra: Idempotent law, identities, complementary laws, Demorgan’s theorem, mapping, inverse relation, equivalence relation, Piano’s Axiom, the definition of rational numbers and integers through equivalence relation.
- Algebra: Surds, solution of simultaneous and quadratic equations, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progression, Binomial theorem for any index, logarithms, exponential and logarithmic series, determinants.
- Probability: Definition, Dependent, and independent events, numerical problems on addition and multiplication of probability, theorems of probability.
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, use of mathematical tables, solution of triangles, height and distance, inverse functions, DeMoiver’s theorem.
- Co-Ordinate Geometry: Co-ordinate geometry of the straight lines, pair of straight lines, circle, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola, and their properties.
- Calculus: Differentiation of function of functions, tangents and normals, simple examples of maxima or minima, limits of function, integration of function (by parts, by substitution and by a partial fraction), definite integral (application to volumes and surfaces of frustums of the sphere, cone, and cylinder).
- Vectors: The Position vector, addition, and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications.
- Dynamics: Velocity, the composition of velocity, relative velocity, acceleration, the composition of acceleration, motion under gravity, projectiles, laws of motions, principles of conservation of momentum and energy, the direct impact of smooth bodies, pulleys.
- Statics: Composition of coplanar, concurrent and parallel forces, moments and couples, resultant of a set of coplanar forces and conditions of equilibrium, determination of Centroides in a simple case, problems involving friction.
Theory of probability, Mean, Median, Mode, Dispersion and Standard Deviation.
Questions shall be set to test the analytical and reasoning capability of candidates.
Paper – 6 (M.Tech. Admission Test)
For admission to M.Tech. programmes, the admission test shall include objective type questions from general Engineering Aptitude consisting of Engineering Mechanics, Engineering Graphics, Basic Electrical Engineering, Basic Electronics Engineering, Basic Computer Science, Workshop practice, Basic Mechanical Engineering, Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics of Degree standard.
Paper – 7 (M.Sc.Physics (Specialization in Electronics) Admission Test)
- Mathematical Methods
- Mechanics and General Properties of Matter
- Oscillations, Waves, and Optics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Kinetic theory, Thermodynamics
- Modern Physics
- Solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics
- Atomic Physics and Laser
Paper – 8 (Ph.D. Admission Test)
For admission to the Ph.D. program, the admission test shall include objective type questions from the core subject of the respective disciplines.
MMUT 2020 Highlights | MMUT Syllabus
|Exam Name||MMMUT UG PG Entrance Test 2019|
|Commonly Known as||MMMUT|
|Conducting body||Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology, Gorakhpur.|
|Category||Undergraduate (UG), Post Graduate (PG)|
|Exam Date||May 2020.|
|Mode||Offline i.e. Paper and Pen-based Test (PBT)|
|Duration||180 Minutes or 3 Hours|