NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 8 Winds, storms and cyclones are one of the most important lessons to be learnt. Class 7 students can always refer to the NCERT textbooks and NCERT revision notes as well. The NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 8 is provided here to help students understand the chapter in an interesting way.
The Solutions are prepared by expert teachers keeping in mind the current / updated CBSE syllabus. These NCERT questions should be solved regularly if the students are aspiring to score good marks in their examinations. You can download the winds storms, and cyclones Class 7 notes PDF.
Chapter 8 Solutions for Class 7 Science has been classified into groups, which makes it easy to comprehend and can assist the students in clearing all their queries in an effortless manner. The NCERT Solutions help the students to be aware of what to answer for the respective questions accordingly.
The NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science chapter 8 comprises a wide range of concepts. These concepts help the students to comprehend, learn and write them well in their upcoming exams. This is a ready reckoner for the class 7 students.
CHAPTER 8_WINDS, STORMS AND CYCLONES
NCERT TEXTUAL QUESTIONS
1. Fill the missing word in the blank spaces in the following statements ?
A. a) Wind is moving air.
b) Winds are generated due to Uneven heating on the earth.
c) Near the earth’s surface warm air rises up whereas cool air comes down.
d) Air moves from a region of high pressure to a region of low pressure.
2. Suggest two methods to find out wind direction at a given place ?
A. i) Take a piece of a paper in your hand. Let it fall from your hand. It will flow in the direction in which wind is blowing.
ii) You can use a wind vane ( a device helps us to make accurate measurements of wind direction) to find out the direction of wind
3. State two experiences that made you think that air exerts pressure (other than those given in the text book)
A. i) Balloons and balls can be used only when they are inflated with air.
ii) Compressed air is used in the brakes system for stopping trains
4. You want to buy a house, would you like to buy a house having windows but no ventilators ? Explain your Answer.
A. No, A house which has no ventilators is not a healthy house to live in. The air circulation is not there in such a house and hence it has no fresh air
5. Explain why holes are made in hanging banners and hoardings ?
A. i) Air exerts pressure. Due to this pressure banners and hoardings will flutter when the wind is blowing.
ii) Holes are made in the banners and hoardings as wind pass through that holes and they does not become loose and fall down.
6. How will you help your neighbours in case cyclones approaches your village or town ?
A. Helping neighbours during cyclones :
i) Moving them to cyclone shelters.
ii) Saving, shifting their household property to safer places.
iii) Providing them medical aid
7. What planning is required in advance to deal with the situation created by a cyclone?
A. In order to deal with cyclone, it is important to follow the following points.
i) listening carefully to warnings being transmitted on Tv and Radio
ii) Moving to safer places or taking adequate steps to ensure safety at home.
iii) Keeping an emergency kit ready.
iv) storing food in water – proof bags.
v) Not venturing into sea.
vi) Keeping all the emergency numbers handy
8. Which one of the following place is unlikely to be affected by a cyclone?
i) chennai ii) Bangalore iii) Amritsar iv) Puri
A iii) Amritsar
9. Which of the statements given below is correct?
i) In winter the winds flow from the land to the ocean.
ii) In summer the winds flow from the land towards the ocean.
iii) A cyclone is formed by a very high pressure system with very high speed wind revolving around it.
iv) The coastline of India is not vulnerable to cyclones.
i) In winter the winds flow from the land to the ocean.
Important topics covered in NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 8 Winds, Storms and Cyclones
- Air exerts pressure
- High-speed winds are accompanied by reduced air pressure
- Air expands on heating
- Wind currents are generated due to uneven heating on the earth
- Uneven heating between the equator and the poles
- Uneven heating of land and water
- Thunderstorms and cyclones
- How does a thunderstorm become a cyclone
- The destruction caused by the cyclones
- Effective safety measures
- Advanced technology has helped
The above mentioned concepts are briefly explained in the NCERT Solutions. NCERT books are one of the most reliable textbooks. For all chapter of Class 7 Science NCERT Solutions click here.
We, at INFINITY LEARN, provide NCERT Solutions for all the classes in a precise and an easy way. INFINITY LEARN provides solutions for all the classes and chapters in brief.
Frequently Asked Questions on NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 8
What are the important topics covered in the Chapter 8 of NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science?
The important topics covered in the Chapter 8 of NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science are –
1. Air exerts pressure
2. High-speed winds are accompanied by reduced air pressure
3. Air expands on heating
4. Wind currents are generated due to uneven heating on the earth
5. Uneven heating between the equator and the poles
6. Uneven heating of land and water
7. Thunderstorms and cyclones
8. How does a thunderstorm become a cyclone
9. The destruction caused by the cyclones
10. Effective safety measures
11. Advanced technology has helped
Why are holes made in hoardings and hanging banners discussed in the Chapter 8 of NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science?
Holes are made in hoardings and hanging banners to help air pass through it. This makes the banner to withstand the pressure of air and remain intact. Students of Class 7 can refer to the NCERT Solutions while answering the textbook questions to get a clear idea of the concepts. The solutions are designed by the subject matter experts with the aim of helping students score well in the annual exam. Students are recommended to solve the questions on a daily basis referring to the solutions in order to get a hold on this chapter.
What are the advantages of using the NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 8?
The advantages of using the NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 8 are –
1. The expert teachers design the solutions to provide an easy and relevant study material for the students.
2. PDF can be downloaded by the students as per their needs.
3. All the concepts are covered in the solutions to help students gain a deeper understanding and knowledge.
4. Students can refer to these solutions during revision to save lots of time searching for the correct answers.