Begum Hazarat Mahal Scholarship 2021-2022: Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship is a National Scholarship funded by the Government of India. This Scholarship was initiated by the Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF). It was earlier known as the Maulana Azad Scholarship. This scholarship offers financial support to meritorious girls belonging to minority communities. The selected minority girls studying in class 9 to 12th receive a scholarship amount of up to Rs. 6,000. Till now almost 5,89,838 girl students have availed of the benefits of this scholarship.
The motive behind this scholarship is to support, recognize, and promote meritorious girl students of national minorities. It helps students who cannot continue their studies without financial assistance. The application for this scholarship has already been released on its official website on July 2021. All eligible girl students can fill and submit the application on or before 31st October. Read the complete article to get all information about Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship 2021.
You can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship 2021
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship is a Merit-based one-time Scholarship. Students who get selected for this scholarship will not be able to avail it again. This is a very popular scholarship and its sanctioning quota is increasing year by year. To date, 5,89,838 girl students have been supported with Rs.504.16 crore by the Foundation since Inception spread across the country. It was founded by MAEF in the academic year 2003-04. As per the Indian National Commission for Minorities Act, the students who belong to Christians, Janis, Muslims, and Buddhists come under minority communities.
MAEF is a non-profit, non-political social service organization. It has established to promote education to the minority section of society. The scholarship provides the benefits of admission, tuition fees, and allowances to students. This scholarship is funded by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India. Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship 2020 Last Date is November 28, 2020.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Overview
|Conducting Body||Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF),
Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India
|Scholarship Name||Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Form 2020|
|Scholarship Type||Merit Scholarship|
|Applicable State||All States|
|Purpose of Scholarship||To offer financial support to minority girl students studying in class 9th to 12th|
|Launched on||3rd May 2003|
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Dates
|Start Date of Scholarship Application||2nd October 2020|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application||28th November 2020|
|Extended Deadline for the Final Submission of Online Application||30th November 2020|
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Refer to the below listed Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Portal eligibility criteria:
- Only girl students belonging to the six notified minority communities are eligible. These minority communities include Christian, Jain, Buddhist, Parsi, Sikh, and Muslim religions.
- Students studying in classes 9 to 12th can apply for this scholarship.
- Students must have secured at least 50% of marks or equivalent aggregate in the previous examination.
- The student’s family income from all sources must not be more than 2 Lakh per annum.
- Students availing of any other scholarship are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Students studying abroad for any course are not eligible for this scholarship.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Rewards
The scholarship amount will be transferred directly to the selected student’s bank account through the DBT process. The Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship amount paid to the selected students is given in the following table.
|Class 9th and 10th||Books & stationery expenses, tuition fee, boarding/ lodging charges||Rs. 5,000 per scholar in each class|
|Class 11th and 12th||Books & stationery expenses, college/ school fees, boarding/lodging charges||Rs. 6,000 per scholar in each class|
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Selection Process
The selection of the students is on the basis of the annual income of the family. The student’s with at least 50% of marks in the previous examination is also one of the selection criteria. However, there is a fixed number of scholarship quotas for each State/UTs. It will be decided based on the minority population in that particular state. However, students with the lowest income will be preferred during the distribution of the scholarship. Then, the selected students will receive the scholarship amount through the DBT process.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Application Process
Refer to the below points to Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship 2020 apply online for the Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship.
- Go to the official website of MAEF and login into Begum Hazrat Mahal scholarship login
- Register yourself by filling the ‘Student Registration Form’ available on the MAEF Portal.
- While filling the form, select the class you are applying for and enter the name. Enter your parent’s name, state of domicile, address, school details, mobile number, and other details.
- After this, submit the registration form.
- After submitting the form, a link to download the school verification form will be given to students. This form has to be verified by the student’s school Principal. After verification, upload it while completing the scholarship form.
- After this, log in using your registered mobile number and date of birth to fill the scholarship form.
- Fill in the correct information such as bank details, marks, parent’s occupation, and income details.
- Upload the scanned copy of the relevant documents along with the application form.
- Then, submit the application form along with the necessary documents.
- Take a printout of the application and send it to the MAEF office with the necessary documents on or before the due date.
Documents Required for Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship
Students should keep ready all the necessary documents while filling the application. The size of each document must not be more than 200 KB. The documents should be uploaded in jpg, png or pdf format. The scanned copy of the following documents must be uploaded while filling the application.
- Students recent passport size photograph
- Students School verification form attested by the Principal of the school
- Mark sheet of the previous examination attested by the Principal
- Parent’s income certificate issued by a competent authority
- Students self-attested copy of minority community certificate
- Students self-attested copy of the first page of the bank account passbook
- Attested copy of the student’s Aadhaar card or birth certificate or BPL card or ration card
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Renewal
Any application for renewal of the Hazarat Begum Mahal Scholarship will not be accepted as it is open for all the classes from class 9 to 12th. Students have to apply a fresh application for each class to avail of the benefits of this scholarship. The Scholarship once awarded may be renewed in subsequent years on the submission of a pass-out certificate. That means the student has passed the previous examination with at least 50% of marks on the first attempt.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Status 2021
The students can check their begum Hazrat mahal status online on the MAEF Portal. They have to enter the scholarship category, identification details, and date of birth. After this, they have to enter the Captcha code to see the Begum Hazrat mahal scholarship check status. Then, they can see their application status from submitting to fund transfer to the account.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Contact Details
In case of any help or queries related to this Scholarship, students may communicate with the Scholarship Incharge. The following details help students to reach out to the concerned person.
Maulana Azad Campus,
Opposite New Delhi Railway Registration Centre,
Phone Number: 011-23583788 / 011-23583789
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
FAQ’s on Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship
What is Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship?
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship is a National Scholarship funded by the Government of India. This Scholarship was initiated by the Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF). It was earlier known as the Maulana Azad Scholarship. This scholarship offers financial support to meritorious girls belonging to minority communities.
What is the qualification and marks required to apply for Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship?
Students studying in class 9 to 12th and secured a minimum of 50% marks in the previous examination.
What are the application starting and closing dates for Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship?
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship application starting date is 15th July 2019. Whereas the extended closing date is 31st October 2019.
What is the Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship amount paid to selected students?
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship offers a scholarship amount of Rs. 5000 to class 9th and 10th students. Whereas, a scholarship amount of Rs. 6000 will be awarded to class 11th and 12th students.
Is the Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship available to all state students?
Yes, it is a national scholarship. So, all the minority community girl students across the country can apply for this scholarship.
Hope this article will help you to get more information about the Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship. If you have queries related to Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship, then leave it in the comment box.