The scope of engineering in India today is at an all-time high, as seen by the large number of students employed in renowned corporations each year. Because of the specializations that exist in the engineering field, these opportunities are plentiful, which means that the demand for professionals who can provide a technological breakthrough with the help of their updated educational experience, strong theoretical understanding, and knack for practical application of these learnings will never go away. Every graduate’s ultimate goal is to find a suitable career that fits the degree they received at the college. Furthermore, prior to enrolling in any university, placements are an important part of a student’s long-term plan.
Importance Of Placement
Placements are extremely important in any school since they determine how valuable a college is in terms of its richness, culture, and prestige. Academic success is ultimately measured by a student’s ability to demonstrate employability. Placements are important not only to students, but to all three parties involved: the companies, the institution, and the student.
Graduates from a college with a high placement rate have an advantage in showing themselves as valuable resources for the firm, thereby serving the greater good. The economy grows because of youthful, skilled, and eager professionals who contribute to the country’s worldwide development by putting skills and expertise learned in school to good use. Furthermore, a student’s monetary worth is determined by the types of job offers they are able to secure. This not only serves as a motivator, but it also encourages students to excel in terms of adding value to the firm and becoming future assets.
Choosing the Best College for You Based on Your Placements
With the country creating thousands of engineers each year, it is not a stretch to argue that engineering is the country’s national profession. Indeed, we live in a country where people first become engineers before deciding what they want to do with their life.
Now that we’ve established the importance of placements at an institution, it’s time to consider the criteria for identifying colleges with excellent placement records. The processes to shortlist the best institution to pursue BTech from based on your placement status are outlined below.
- Make a basic spreadsheet of your top five shortlisted colleges, including characteristics such as infrastructure, campus, distance, fees, and placement ranking. You can use this paper to compare and contrast different colleges to see which one is best for you based on your qualifications.
- Various websites are available on the internet to determine the placement rating. Additionally, you can read on professional networks like Linkedin, you may read authentic testimonials on former placement experiences of students associated with the alumni network. One method is to look up your alumni and look at their current or prior employers. Another option is to meet with them in person and get thorough feedback on your shortlisted institution’s placement procedure.
- Various national-level organizations, such as NIRF, rank colleges across the country by taking into account every facet of the institution. Every parameter related to the college forms the basis of these ratings, and the scores are assigned based on a cumulative judgment. One of the criteria taken into account is placement, and the higher the ranking, the better is the placement activity.
- Every year, there are completely detailed brochures that reveal the names of companies that come to the college for recruitment. To estimate the college’s placement status, look up the quality and brand worth of these companies. Every institution issues a pamphlet detailing the number of students who were placed during that academic year, as well as the highest and average annual packages.
The Best ten Engineering Colleges in India, Their Placement Status, And The Companies That Apply
Many students want to pursue a career in engineering. In the case of job opportunities, the future appears to be bright. The majority of students want to get placed in prominent companies during the campus placement drive. They want an excellent wage package and to be able to plan their future. There are dozens of universities to choose from, but the most important factor is placement, therefore choose a college with the best placement record. Students must be attracted to educational institutes that offer a variety of courses. The NIRF ranking is one of the most important factors to consider when applying for admission to the institute. Students are more likely to apply to a school or university with a better NIRF ranking.
A national ranking system is beneficial since it assists students in choosing the best university for them. A nationwide rating ensures that all higher education institutions work hard to enhance their positions. It also guarantees that the institutes are not complacent and that they work harder each year to give students a high-quality education.
Nowadays, engineering colleges are springing up like mushrooms all over the country, and deciding one of the best Engineering Colleges to attend has become a million-dollar question.
- Companies Offering Best Packages–Google, Microsoft, Rubrik, IBM, SONY, Samsung, Accenture
- Percentage Of Placement– 84.5%
Vellore Institute of Technology
- Companies Offering Best Packages–Microsoft, PayPal, Morgan Stanley, Amazon, Lowe’s, Cloudera.
- Percentage Of Placement– 85%
- Companies Offering Best Packages–Tata, KPMG, Genpact, Indiamart, Accenture, HDFC, etc
- Percentage Of Placement– 99%
- Companies Offering Best Packages–AUDCO, BHEL, BEML, Accenture, Amanda Soft, etc.
- Percentage Of Placement–90%
Delhi Technological University
- Companies Offering Best Packages–Google, Adobe, Amazon, Deloitte, Samsung Research, Goldman Sachs, etc.
- Percentage Of Placement–40%
Manipal Institute of Technology
- Companies Offering Best Packages–Flipkart, Capgemini, L&T, Microsoft, Amazon, etc.
- Percentage Of Placement–49%
SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
- Companies Offering Best Packages–SAP Labs, DBS, Goldman Sachs, Amazon, CISCO, etc.
- Percentage Of Placement–56%
Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University College of Engineering, Pune
- Companies Offering Best Packages–Vodafone, IBM, TCS, Honda, Merchant Navy, Sunguard, etc.
- Percentage Of Placement–86%
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Prayag Raj
- Companies Offering Best Packages–Bajaj, Adobe, Cognizant, Accenture, Ninjacart, Hindalco
- Percentage Of Placement–64%
Vishwakarma Institute of Technology, Pune
- Companies Offering Best Packages–Cognizant, Deloitte, Trident Group, Oracle, etc.
- Percentage Of Placement–85%
Average Salary Offered By the Top 10 Institutes
A variety of companies visit the college for various specializations. These companies are well-known trade brands that provide students with opportunities to work as high-ranking technologists. As a result, placements play a significant influence in influencing a student’s decision to attend one college over another. However, there are also crucial factors to examine before students choose a certain institution, such as faculty, research breadth, and resource accessibility, among others.
Institute Annual Package (Indian Rupees)
- IIT Bombay 16 lakhs
- NIT Trichy 10 lakhs
- Manipal Institute of Technology 7.5 lakhs
- BITS Pilani 7.2 lakhs
- Delhi Technological University 7.2 lakhs
- Vellore Institute of Technology 7 lakhs
- Vishwakarma Institute of Technology, Pune 6.6 lakhs
- Bhartiya Vidyapeeth Deemed University College of Engineering, Pune 6 lakhs
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai 5 lakhs
Q1. What is the annual salary package offered by IIT Bombay?
Answer. 16 lacs
Q2. What is the annual salary package offered by BITS Pilani?
Answer. 7.2 lacs
Q3. What is the annual salary package offered by the Vellore Institute of Technology?
Answer. 7 lacs