NTSE Himachal Pradesh 2019-20: The State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), Solan (Himachal Pradesh) has released the notification for Himachal Pradesh Talent Search Examination (HPTSE/NTSE) 2019-20. Students studying in class X can appear for the HPTSE to be held on 3rd November 2019 at different exam centers in HP. Shortlisted students will be able to submit the online application form from 8th August till 7th September 2019. The NTSE Himachal Pradesh admit card will be released online by SCERT in the fourth week of October 2019. Shortlisted students of HP has to first clear the first level of which is HPTSE. Then only qualified students in the HPTSE will be invited to appear for NTSE stage 2 to be held on May 10, 2020.
NCERT organizes NTSE to identify and help the young talents in India to be benefited academically as well as economically. That’s why the NTSE stage 2 qualified candidates will be awarded scholarships by NCERT till the doctorate level of their academics. Students should fully read the article below to know information about HPTSE. Information such as important dates, admit card, eligibility, pattern, and syllabus, etc.
NTSE Himachal Pradesh Important Dates
|Opening Date of Application||August 8, 2019|
|Closing Date of Application||September 7, 2019|
|Admit Card for Stage 1||Fourth week of October 2019|
|NTSE Himachal Pradesh||November 3, 2019|
|NTSE HP Answer Key||November 2019|
|NTSE HP Result & Cut-off Scores||First Week of February 2020|
|NTSE Admit Card for Stage 2||April 2020|
|NTSE Stage 2||May 10, 2020|
|NTSE Stage 2 Result||September 2020|
NTSE Himachal Pradesh Eligibility Criteria
The following are the eligibility criteria for the students to appear in the HPTSE.
- General category candidates must have secured at least 60% marks in Class IX to appear the exam.
- Reserved category candidates must have secured at least 55% marks in Class IX to appear the exam.
- All class X students of Himachal Pradesh in the academic year of 2019-20 are eligible.
- Age limit for HPTSE must be less than 18 years as on 1st July 2019.
- Candidates who are employed in any part-time or salaried or stipend jobs are not eligible.
- Candidates who are studying in HP Government, CBSE, ICSE or Top schools are eligible.
- Open schooling or distance learning candidates within the age limit are also eligible.
- Candidates who are getting scholarships from any other source will be canceled to get NTSE scholarship for that period.
- Class X students studying abroad will be allowed to directly appear for the NTSE Stage 2 as per NCERT norms.
NTSE Himachal Pradesh Application Form
NTSE Himachal Pradesh application form will be released online on 8th August 2019. Candidates can fill and submit the application form on or before 7th September 2019. HPTSE application form can be downloaded from the official website of SCERT, HP. Otherwise, you can also get it from the State Liaison Officer. The below-mentioned information indicates how to apply for NTSE Himachal Pradesh 2019-20.
- Go to the official website himachal.nic.in to download the application form.
- After filling the form, make sure that it will be attested by the school Principal.
- It is recommended to fill all the required information correctly to avoid rejection.
- Candidates can affix their recent photograph along with the signature in the application form.
- Reserved candidates must attach the caste certificates with their application form.
- Physically Challenged candidates must attach their disability certificates along with it.
- Submit the application along with the required documents at the Principal’s office.
- Then the school authority will send it to the state liaison officer.
NTSE Himachal Pradesh Application Fee
Candidates need to pay the below-mentioned application fee to apply for the HPTSE. The application fee can be paid online by debit card, credit card or internet banking. Once it is paid successfully, it will not be refunded.
NTSE Himachal Pradesh Admit Card
HPTSE admit card will be released by SCERT in the fourth week of October 2019. The following points contain detailed information about downloading the admit card.
- The admit card can be downloaded from the official website of SCERT, Himachal Pradesh.
- Go to the official website of SCERT and click on download admit card.
- Application number and date of birth of the candidate should be entered.
- Then download and keep a printed copy of the admit card.
- Make sure to bring the admit card in to the examination hall.
- Otherwise, you will not be allowed to enter into the examination hall in any situation.
- The HPTSE admit card contains the candidate and examination center details.
NTSE/HPTSE Question Pattern
The NTSE Himachal Pradesh contains two types of question papers. One is the Mental Ability Test (MAT) and the other one is the Scholastic Ability Test (SAT). The HPTSE will be held only in English using and pen and paper. The following table shows the complete details on exam pattern for HPTSE Stage 1.
|Papers||Number of questions||Time|
|Mental Ability Test (MAT)||100||120 minutes|
|Scholastic Ability Test (SAT)||100||120 minutes|
- 1 mark will be given to each correct answer and no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- MAT evaluates the candidate’s ability in reasoning, imagining, judging, and thinking.
- MAT questions test the candidates series, analogies, logical reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- MAT consists of 100 questions with 120 minutes of time.
- SAT evaluates the candidate’s knowledge based on each subject of their academics.
- SAT consists of 100 questions with 120 minutes of time.
- Class IX and X syllabus questions will be asked in the exam.
NTSE Himachal Pradesh Answer Key
The answer key for the NTSE Himachal Pradesh will be released by SCERT in November. The official answer key will be released after some days of the exam. Some coaching institutions also release the answer keys after some days of the exam. The answer key contains the correct answers to all the questions asked in each paper. Candidates must check the answer keys to evaluate the expected scores and get an idea of their eligibility for NTSE Stage 2. The following points are given to check the NTSE Himachal Pradesh answer keys:
- Click on the answer key link appeared on the official website of SCERT, Himachal Pradesh.
- Download and save the answer keys to compare with previous year’s cut-off marks.
- The accurate marking approach should be followed by the candidate.
- Answer keys can be reviewed based on some significant proofs if required.
- The final review answer key will be published on the official website of SCERT, HP.
NTSE Himachal Pradesh Exam Result
NTSE Himachal Pradesh result will be declared by SCERT in the first week of February 2020. The exam result contains the marks secured in SAT, MAT and some basic details of each candidate. The exam results will be released in the form of merit list of qualified candidates for NTSE stage 2. Candidates can check the following steps to know the NTSE HP exam results:
- Visit the official website of SCERT, Himachal Pradesh to check the results.
- Click on the result link appeared on the homepage of the portal.
- Enter your roll number and date of birth to download the result list.
- Keep a printed copy of the result list for future reference.
Details Mentioned on NTSE Himachal Pradesh Exam Result
Himachal Pradesh candidates can check the merit list on the official website of SCERT, HP. The merit list contains the below-mentioned information of the qualified candidates.
- Candidates Name, Roll Number and School
- Marks obtained in MAT & SAT
- Caste category, gender, date of birth and disability status of the candidate
NTSE Himachal Pradesh Cut-Off
The cut-off score is the minimum score the HP candidate required to get selected for the stage 2 exam. HPTSE cut-off scores will be declared along with the result by SCERT, HP in the first week of February 2020. Cut-off scores depend on various factors as given below:
- Number of candidates in each category
- Maximum marks obtained by the candidate
- Minimum marks obtained by the candidate
- The difficulty level of the exam
- Previous year’s cut-off
The table below shows the previous year’s cut-off marks for HPTSE category candidates
The following table shows the qualifying percentage for NTSE Himachal Pradesh category candidates
NTSE Himachal Pradesh Reservation Criteria
Total 51 scholarships are reserved for Himachal Pradesh. These will be awarded as per the reservation percentages are given below:
NTSE Himachal Pradesh Syllabus
There is no specific syllabus for the NTSE Himachal Pradesh. That’s why HP candidates must prepare from the topics of class IX and X syllabus to get selected in the exam. The below-mentioned table contains important topics for NTSE Himachal Pradesh.
|SAT||Maths||Basic Geometry, Coordinate Geometry, Quadratic Equation, Surface Area & Volume, Algebraic Expression, Arithmetic Progression, Square Roots & Cube Roots, Percentage, Linear Equation, Number System, Probability and Statistics, etc.|
|Science||Acid, Bases and Salt, Human Body, Food Production & Management, Metals and non-metals, Motion & Force, Source of Energy, Fibers & Plastics, Structure of an Atom and Measurements, Air, Carbon & its Components, Magnetism and Electricity, Water, etc.|
|Social Sciences||Buddhism, Jainism, Early Medieval Period, Resources & Development, New Empires and Kingdoms, The Mughal Empire, Delhi Sultanate, Indian Constitution, Democracy & Elections, Atmosphere, The Judiciary, Map & Globe, Natural Vegetation and Solar System, Map and Globes, Motion of the Earth, Democracy, State Government, Union Government, UN & International Agencies, Introduction of Ancient Indian History, etc.|
|MAT||Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||Alphabet Test, Hypothetical Situations, Word Sequencing, Word Problems, Calendar, Time & Clock, Mirror and Water Images, Blood Relations, Ranking and Arrangements, Truth Verification, Cubes and Dice Problems, Classification, Analogy, Folding/Cutting Paper, Analytic Reasoning and Dot Fixing, etc.|
NTSE Scholarships 2019-20
Himachal Pradesh Candidates who cleared both the stages of NTSE will get the scholarships to amount every month. NCERT declared to distribute approximately 2000 Scholarships to the deserving candidates of NTSE.
|Education Level||Scholarship Amount|
|Class XI to XII||Rs.1250/-|
|Ph.D.||According to the UGC norms|
Hope this article will help you to get more information about NTSE HP (HPTSE) 2019-20. If you have any queries regarding HPTSE, you can leave your queries in the comment box to get in touch with us.