NCERT Solutions for Class 4 EVS Chapter 6 Omana’s Journey
NCERT PAGE NUBMER 49
1. Why was it so crowded at the door of the coach?
Ans. People do not like to wait. Rather they were in a hurry to board or get down the train all at once.
2. Have you ever travelled in a train? When?
Ans. I have travelled in a train many times. My uncle lives in Delhi, and usually we go to visit him.
3. What food would you like to take with you when you travel?
Ans. I would like to take dry fruits, puri, vegetables, mithai, etc.
4. What does the ticket-checker do?
Ans. Ticket checker checks the tickets to see that all the passengers have proper tickets and are occupying correct seats.
5. How will you recognize the ticket-checker?
Ans. A ticket-checker is in black coat. There is a name tag on his chest. There is a batch on both of his shoulders showing ‘TTE’. TTE stands for ‘Travelling Ticket Examiner’.
NCERT PAGE NUBMER 51
1. What did Omana see from the window?
Ans. Omana saw fields, small villages, etc., which seemed to run in opposite direction. She also saw the beautiful orange sky at the time of the sunset.
2. What are some of the things that are sold at railway stations?
Ans. These are books, toys, fast foods, cold drink, etc. Omana saw hawkers were selling puri – shaak, (puri and vegetables) Vatata Vada (snacks), thandha doodh (cold milk), garam chai (hot tea), etc.
NCERT PAGE NUBMER 52
1. Why do you think there was no water in the bathroom of the train?
Ans. Passengers usually waste water filled in the trains. Or sometimes it is not filled properly.
2. Imagine that you are going on a long train journey. What are the things that you will take with you to help pass the time?
Ans. We should carry some storybooks, and some handy games to pass the time.
3. Can you recognise who are these people shown in the picture? What work do they do? Discuss.
1. Coolie-A coolie helps people to carry their luggage.
2. Guard-A guard signals the train to start. He also watches the train. He is a type of in-charge of train.
3. Driver: He runs and controls the train.
4. Ticket-Checker: He checks the ticket and matches them with passengers.
5. Railway Police-Railway police provide security to the train, railway stations,
and passengers travelling by train. .
6. Safai karamchari-He cleans the trains and platforms.
7. Ticket-seller-They sells tickets.