CBSE Class 8 English Notice Writing
1. Tapan Ghosh of Class VIII A is the Holy Christ School Geography Forum Secretary. The geography teacher has asked Tapan to put up a notice to invite the geography students to participate in the Geography Quiz Contest to be held after a fortnight in St Anthony’s School. Does Hie first prize carry? 1000 and a Trophy. Write this notice, using not more than 50 words. Try to make the notice catch all the students’ attention.
Holy Christ School
Win? 1000 in Geography Quiz Contest
15 July 2016
St Anthony’s School holds an Inter-School Geography Quiz Contest within a fortnight. Does the first prize carry? 1000 and a Trophy.
Interested Geography students should see me immediately.
Class VIII A
2. Mukul Swami of class X, Captain of the School Hockey Team, and Sports Secretary are asked by his sports teacher to put a notice on the school notice board inviting the students to buy some old hockey sticks and balls. These items are in fairly good condition. Write this notice using not more than 50 words. Try to make the notice catch students’ attention.
Buy hockey sticks etc. at very low prices
15 November 2016
The school offers for sale old hockey sticks and balls. They are as good as new and at a meager price. Interested students can inspect and buy them during the recess tomorrow. They are arranged in the Sports Room.
3. Your school has decided to present a program on the AIR from the AIR Stadium of your city, in the popular program “Meet the Young Artists.”
Write a notice in not more than 50 words for your school notice board inviting talented students to appear for trial for different items on 20th November in the School’s “Open Theatre.” You have invited Mr. Anand Bosle, the famous Presenter on the AIR. You are Secretary, Cultural Activities Society. The school Principal has accorded his permission for the broadcast.
P.S. Public School
10 November 2016
Our school is going to present a program on the AIR. It is the popular program ‘Meet the Young Artists.’ All the students willing to participate should appear for a trial. This trial for different items will be on 20 November in the school’s ‘Open Theatre.’ Mr. Anand Bosle, a famous AIR presenter, will be there.
Cultural Activities Society
4. Meenakshi Goel is the Sports Captain of Navodaya School. The sports day will be held on March 2lst, which is just two weeks away. She has to inform house captains that they have to submit the names of the participants to her in a week. A student cannot participate in more than three events, excluding the relay. Any delay or wrong information will lead to the disqualification of the student. Write the notice for Meenakshi using not more than 50 words.
Navodaya School, New Delhi
Kind Attention: All House Captains
3 March 2017
The Sports Day of the School falls on March 21st. Please submit the names of the participants of your houses within a week. A student cannot participate in more than three events, excluding the relay. Any delay or wrong information will lead to disqualification.
5. You are Anupam, the school magazine editor, and you want to hold an interclass competition to collect poems and cartoons for the magazine before 20 August 2016. Draft a notice for the students’ notice board inviting entries. Mention all details required like entry dates, prizes, etc. Give your notice an appealing heading.
Rosemary Model School, Mumbai
Win A Fabulous Prize
10 August 2016
There will be an inter-class competition for collecting poems, cartoons, etc., for the school magazine. It is fixed for 25 August 2016 at 1 pm in the school hall. Students willing to participate should give their names to the undersigned by 20 August 2016. Do the winning articles carry prizes? 500,300,100 respectively. The decision of the judges shall be final and binding.
You can master English Grammar in various classes through our articles like Tense, Clauses, Prepositions, Story writing, unexpected passage, notice writing, etc.
6. Write a notice for the school notice board informing students about the school inspection held on 10 March 2017 by the District Education Officer. The notice should be 50 words asking for punctuality, cleanliness, and discipline.
ABC Public School, Agra
March 3, 2017
The District Education Officer will visit the school for inspection on 10th March 2017. All the school students are requested to be careful on occasion. They should be extremely punctual, clean, and disciplined. They should be attentive to what their teachers tell or teach them for the occasion.
7. You are the Cultural Secretary of your school. You have been asked to inform Classes VI to VIII students about an Inter-School Dramatics Competition. Draft a notice in about 50 words to be put up on the school notice board, with all necessary details.
ABC School, Meerut
March 10, 2017
An Inter-School Dramatic Competition will be held in Tagore Stadium on 20 March 2017. Students of Class VI to VIII can participate in the competition. The willing students should assemble for a trial on March 10 in the school hall. The teacher in charge of Dramatics will make the selection.
8. The school has decided to hold a fete in the school playground. The Principal has asked you to write a notice about this fete as the Headboy / Headgirl of the school, inviting the students and the teachers to participate in it. The notice should include all necessary details. Write this notice in about 50 words.
Twenty-First Century School
April 3, 2016
There will be a fete in the school playground from May 3, 2016, to May 4, 2016. The Principal has invited all the teachers and the students to participate in the fete. The interested students should see the science teacher with their ideas on or before April 10, 2016.
9. Sachin of Class VIII A has lost his library book on the playground during recess. He wants to put up a notice on the School Notice Board. Write his notice in not more than 50 words. Put the notice in a box.
ABC School, Lucknow
June 3, 2016
I, Sachin of Class VIII A, have lost my library book named ‘Stories for Children.’ It was lost during the recess on June 3, 2016. He, who finds it, is requested to give it to me. I shall be highly obliged.
Class VIII A
10. You have found a purse containing some money and papers. It has no names. Draft a notice asking the owner to contact you.
Pen Top School Delhi
25 May 2016
I, Urmila of Class VIII A, have found a purse containing some money and papers. I have no clue about the owner. The owner can contact me, proving his being the real owner. I will be glad to give it back to him.
Class VIII A
We hope the CBSE Class 8 English Notice Writing helps you. If you have any queries regarding CBSE Class 8 English Notice Writing, drop a comment below, and we will get back to you at the earliest.