Buildings, Paintings, and Books – NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Chapter 12 – Free PDF Download
Do you need NCERT Solutions for SST History Chapter 12 in Class 6? If that’s the case, you’ve come to the correct place. INFINITY LEARN is the greatest website for finding NCERT Solutions in an online format. Every student aspires to achieve the maximum possible exam, but is unable to do so due to a lack of appropriate study materials. INFINITY LEARN is a platform that gives students the greatest preparation resources in PDF format. NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History Chapter 12 are available for download on our website. A student can improve their grades by using INFINITY LEARN’s study materials.
Science, Maths, English, and Hindi would become easier to study if you have access to NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science, Maths, and other topics solutions. You can also get NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths to help you revise the entire syllabus and improve your exam scores.
- Match the following
|Stupa||Place where the image of the deity is installed|
|Mandapa||Circular path around the stupa|
|Garbhagriha||Place in temples where people could assemble|
|Mandapa||Place in temples where people could assemble|
|Garbhagriha||Place where the image of the deity is installed|
|Pradakshina patha||Circular path around the stupa|
- Fill in the blanks:
(a) ———————— was a great astronomer.
(b) Stories about gods and goddesses are found in the ————————
(c) ———————— is recognized as the author of the Sanskrit Ramayana.
(d) ———————— and ———————— are two Tamil epics.
d) Silappadikaramand Manimekalai
3. Make a list of the chapter in which you ﬁnd mention of metalworking. What are the metals objects mentioned or shown in those chapters?
A. The chapter are :
1. In the Earliest Cities __________ Copper was used to make tools and weapons, gold and silver, and used to make ornaments and vessels.
2. What book & Burials tell us __________ Iron tools and weapons, ornaments of gold.
3. Kingdoms, Kings and the Early Republic __________Iron or mines.
4. Vital Villages and Thriving Towns __________ Iron tools
5. Traders, Kings, Pilgrims __________ Gold was given as a gift.
6. Buildings, Paintings, and Books __________ Iron pillar, gold jewellery.
5. Read the story on page 130. In what ways is the monkey king similar to or different from the kings you read about in chapters 6 and 11?
A. In the story ‘The monkey king’ , when the monkeys found out that the king of Varanasi wanted to kill them, the monkey king worked out a plan to save his followers. He made a bridge across the river and all his followers crossed the bridge and were saved. However, the monkey king was exhausted and fell down dying. The monkey king believed that it was his responsibility to save his people from the enemies and died in the attempt. He was a peace-loving monkey. The kings in chapters 6 and 11
i. Led wars of conquest to extend their empires.
ii. They had regular armies.
iii. The rulers protect the people from attacks. They built capitals that were fortiﬁed i.e. they had huge walls of wood or brick or stone.
5. Find out more and tell a story from one of the epics.
A. i. The Ramayana contains the story of Hanuman and other monkeys in Sundarakanda episode.
ii. They promised to help Ram in his search for Sita.
iii. Hanuman had special powers which enables him to reach Sri Lanka, in spite of many difﬁculties.
iv. He found out about Sita, who was kept in Ashok Vatika by Ravan.
v. He also set Lanka on ﬁ re. He also brought Sanjivini herbs to treat Lakshman.
vi. He served Ram as a faithful and devoted follower.
6. List some steps that can be taken to make buildings and monuments accessible to differently-abled people.
A. i) Construction of ramps, this will help disabled people who are on wheelchairs
ii) Railing can be placed on the sidewalls of the staircase so that it helps as support while climbing
iii) Proper lighting
7. Try and list as many uses of paper as you can.
A. Paper is used in manufacturing the following
iii) Grocery bags
8. If you could visit any one of the places described in this chapter, which would you choose and why?
A. Activity by the student
Class 6 Social Science History NCERT Solutions 12th Chapter of Our Past
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History Chapter 12 Buildings, Paintings, and Books are available for download. The writer discusses the notable Pillars, Stupas, and Temples created in Ancient India in Chapter 12 History Class 6. This chapter also discusses the paintings that hang on the walls of caves such as Ajanta. Mahabharata, Panchatantra, Jataka, Ramayana, and other literature were written at the time. There are also some intriguing anecdotes told by the author to pique a student’s curiosity.
Class 6 Our Past Chapter 12 includes an important question, a fill-in-the-blanks exercise, and a matching exercise at the end of the chapter. This exercise must be completed by students.
The names of certain things are presented in-match the following’ questions, and students must identify the proper one connected to the thing from the responses put in front of them. For example, a stupa is a mound, a shikhara is a tower, a mandapa is a site where many people can gather for a wedding, and the pradakshina path is the circular path around the stupa, among other things. Some of the questions stem from the story told earlier in the chapter. In order to do well on the exam, students must write the correct answer. NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History Chapter 12 PDF by INFINITY LEARN covers the complete activity. The NCERT Solution is available for students to read and learn from.
Class 6 History Chapter 12 NCERT Solution with Detailed Syllabus
Students who want to do well in the exam should study according to the CBSE’s syllabus. History, Geography, and Civics are the three components of the Social Science Class 6 course (Social & Political Life). These three sections must be studied by all students. Early civilizations, early monarchs, and their kingdoms, such as Ashoka and Maharana Pratap Singh, oldest towns, and so on are all discussed in history. Now we’ll move on to the second subject, Geography. It’s all centered on principles like the solar system, earth, soil, water, earth motions, mountains, important landforms, and so on.
Social and political life is another term for civics. This section covers topics such as the government, political opinions, India’s independence, discrimination, urban livelihood, and rural administration, among others.
CBSE Class 6 History Chapters
Chapter 1 – What, Where, How, And When?
Chapter 2 – From Hunting – Gathering to Growing Food.
Chapter 3 – In the Earliest Cities.
Chapter 4 – What Books and Burials Tell Us.
Chapter 5 – Kingdoms, Kings, And an Early Republic.
Chapter 6 – New Questions and Ideas.
Chapter 7 – Ashoka, The Emperor Who Gave Up War.
Chapter 8 – Vital Villages, Thriving Towns.
Chapter 9 – Traders, Kings, and Pilgrims.
Chapter 10 – New Empires and Kingdoms.
Chapter 11 – Buildings, Paintings, and Books.
CBSE Class 6 Social & Political Life Chapters
Chapter 1 – Understanding Diversity.
Chapter 2 – Diversity and Discrimination.
Chapter 3 – What is Government?
Chapter 4 – Key Elements of a Democratic Government.
Chapter 5 – Panchayati Raj.
Chapter 6 – Rural Administration.
Chapter 7 – Urban Administration.
Chapter 8 – Rural Livelihoods.
Chapter 9 – Urban Livelihoods.
CBSE Class 6 Geography Chapters – The Earth: Our Habitat
Chapter 1 – The Earth in the Solar System.
Chapter 2 – Globe: Latitudes and Longitudes.
Chapter 3 – Motions of the Earth.
Chapter 4 – Maps.
Chapter 5 – Major Domains of the Earth.
Chapter 6 – Major Landforms of the Earth.
Chapter 7 – Our Country: India.
Chapter 8 – India: Climate, Vegetation, and Wildlife.
Why should you go with INFINITY LEARN?
INFINITY LEARN is the preferred method of instruction for both teachers and students. It is the most trustworthy and dependable platform because all queries are answered by qualified lecturers. INFINITY LEARN’s major goal is to make learning simple, easy to grasp, and understandable. This is why INFINITY LEARN creates chapter-by-chapter PDFs for each course, with each topic thoroughly explained. All questions, answers, and exercises are completed in accordance with the syllabus. NCERT Solutions for all topics, including Maths, English, Science, Hindi, and NCERT History book Class 6 Chapter 12 Solutions, are available on INFINITY LEARN.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are the NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History Chapter 12 up to date with the current NCERT Syllabus?
- Is it Enough for Exam Preparation to Download NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History Chapter 12 Buildings, Paintings, and Books?
- What will students learn from NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History Chapter 12?
- According to Chapter 12 of Class 6 History, what are the essential characteristics of the Ajanta paintings?
- Based on Chapter 12 of Class 6 History, write a brief comment about the stupa.
- What are Puranas and what do they mean? According to Chapter 12 of Class 6 History, describe some of their characteristics.
- According to Chapter 12 of Class 6 History, describe Aryabhata’s contribution to science.
1. Are the NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History Chapter 12 up to date with the current NCERT Syllabus?
Ans. Yes, NCERT Solution Class 6 History Chapter 12 adheres to all CBSE Class 6th History syllabus norms. INFINITY LEARN never compromises on information quality. It creates all NCERT Solutions PDF according to the most recent curriculum. NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History Chapter 12 Buildings, Paintings, and Books cover all of the major subjects and concepts.
2. Is it Enough for Exam Preparation to Download NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History Chapter 12 Buildings, Paintings, and Books?
Yes, INFINITY LEARN is the most reliable platform for achieving the best results in the exam. NCERT History Book Class 6 Chapter 12 Solutions covers every question on the board exam. The PDF contains all of the major issues from each chapter. As a result, a student does not need to move to another platform to learn more about any topic or subject.
3. What will students learn from NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History Chapter 12?
In Chapter 12 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History, students will mostly learn about metallurgy and the Iron Pillar. They’ll also know about brick and stone structures, as well as how stupas and temples were constructed. Paintings, publications, and the recording and preservation of old stories have all been explored. Aside from them, the chapter includes anecdotes told by ordinary people and the writing of science publications. Students can study more about these topics in-depth by consulting the NCERT Solutions written by INFINITY LEARN subject experts. These services are provided without charge. They can also use the INFINITY LEARN Mobile app to access the solutions.
4. According to Chapter 12 of Class 6 History, what are the essential characteristics of the Ajanta paintings?
Ans: The Ajanta paintings are well-known throughout the world. The following are the primary characteristics of Ajanta paintings: Several world-famous caves and murals have been discovered at Ajanta. The majority of these caverns belonged to Buddhist monasteries, and some of them were painted. The caverns are incredibly dark inside, and the paintings were most likely done by torchlight. The colours were created using plants and minerals. The colours are still vibrant after 1500 years.
5. Based on Chapter 12 of Class 6 History, write a brief comment about the stupa.
Stupas are Buddhist religious structures in the shape of a mound composed of brick and stone. Stupas come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Some are tall and round, while others are large and small. However, they all share certain characteristics, such as the presence of a small box known as a ‘relic casket’ at the heart or centre of the stupa. The box could include the Buddha’s or his followers’ bodily remains, such as teeth, bones, or ashes, as well as items used by them. It could also include valuable stones and money. The ‘pradakshina patha’ is the path around the stupa. Devotees walk in a clockwise motion to display their devotion.
6. What are Puranas and what do they mean? According to Chapter 12 of Class 6 History, describe some of their characteristics.
Ans: The meaning of Purana is ancient in its literal sense. The Puranas are ancient Hindu religious stories collected in collections. Some of their characteristics are as follows:
- Puranas tell stories of gods and goddesses like Shiva, Vishnu, Rama, Durga, and Parvati, among others.
- It also includes instructions on how to worship these gods.
- It also contains accounts of the world’s creation and monarchs.
- Puranas, unlike Vedas, can be read and heard by anybody, including women and Shudra.
7. According to Chapter 12 of Class 6 History, describe Aryabhata’s contribution to science.
Aryabhata was a brilliant astronomer and mathematician. In Sanskrit, he authored a book called the Aryabhatiyam. Even though it appears that the sun rises and sets for everyone, he claims that day and night are created by the earth’s rotation on its axis. He devised a scientific explanation for eclipses. He discovered a method for determining the circumference of a circle that is nearly identical to the formula we use today.