NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 12
Reproduction in Plants is one of the important and interesting topics you come across in CBSE Class 7. The NCERT Solutions that we are presenting for grade 7 have been framed to help students in learning and practising questions and different concepts related to reproduction in plants.
The NCERT Solutions for Chapter 12 of Class 7 Science given here contains solved exercises along with suitable examples that will help students to prepare well for exams. The solutions include both objective (MCQs) and long and short type of questions related to this chapter, and it further gives an idea about the exam pattern and marking scheme of the paper.
Fill in theblanks :
- a) Production of new individuals from the vegetative part of parent is called ______________.
- b) A flower may have either male or female reproductive parts. Such a flower is called ______________.
- c) The transfer of pollen grains from the anther to the stigma of the same or of another flower of the same kind is known as ______________.
- d) The fusion of male and female gametes is termedas _
- e) Seed dispersal takes place by means of ______________, ______________and ______________.
- a) vegetative reproduction or vegetative propagation
- b) unisexual flower c) pollination d) fertilisation
- e) wind, water and animals
- Describe the different methods of asexual reproduction. Give examples.
- Fragmentation :In this process body of an organism breaks up into two or more fragments. These fragments or pieces grow into new individuals.Eg : Spirogyra.
Budding : The small bud like projection coming out from the Yeast cell is called bud which grows gradually and gets detached from the parent cell and forms new cell. Eg : Yeast, Hydra
Spore formation : Under favorable conditions, a spore germinates and develops into a new individual. Eg : Fungi, moss, fern, etc.
Vegetative propagation : In this type of reproduction, new plants are formed from vegetative parts of a parental plant like root, stem, leaf and bud. Eg : Rose.
- Explain what you understand by sexual reproduction in plant.
- i) Flower is an organ of sexual reproduction in plants.
- ii) It consists of male and female reproductive parts which produce respective gametes (reproductive units).
iii) Zygote is formed due to fusion of male and female gametes.
- iv) Zygote divides and develops into an embryo.
- v) Embryo develops into seed.
- vi) Seed germinates to produce a new plant.
- State the main difference between asexual and sexual reproduction.
- In asexual reproduction, plants can give rise to new plants without seeds whereas in sexual reproduction, new plants are obtained from seeds.
- Explain the difference between self-pollination and cross-pollination.
|i) In this, pollen grains are transferred from anther to stigma of the same flower. Eg : Tridax
|i) In this, pollen grains are transferred from anther to stigma of another flower of the same species. Eg : Cucumber.
|ii) There is very less chance for genetic variation.
|ii) The chances of genetic variation is more..
|iii) It occurs only in bisexual flowers.
|iii) It occurs in both unisexual and bisexual flowers.
- Sketch the reproductive parts of a flower.
The reproductive parts of a flower are stamen and pistil.
- How does the process of fertilisationtakes place in flowers ?
- i) When pollen grain reaches the stigma of a flower it starts germinating and give rise a pollen tube.
- ii) This pollen tubegrowand reaches the ovule of the ovary through style, carrying male gametes with it.
iii) After entering into the ovule, tip of the pollen tube bursts and release male gametes.
- iv) The male gamete fuses with the female gamete. This process is called fertilization. As aresultzygote is formed.
- Describe the various ways by which seeds are dispersed.
|Agents of seed dispersal
|Features that help
in the seed dispersal
|i) Wing like structures
ii) Hairy outgrowths
iii) Light seeds
|Drum stick, Maple etc.
Oak (madar), Sunflower etc.
|Spiny with hook like structures.
|Xanthium, Urena etc.
|Inflated covering (spongy or fibrous outer coat).
|Some seeds are dispersed when fruits burst with sudden jerks.
|Castor, Balsam etc.
- Match items in Column I with those in ColumnII :
Column – I Column – II
- a) Bud ( iii ) i) Maple
- b) Eyes ( v ) ii) Spirogyra
- c) Fragmentation ( ii ) iii) Yeast
- d) Wings ( i ) iv) Bread mould
- e) Spores ( iv ) v) Potato
- vi) Rose
- Tick () the correctanswer :
- a) The reproductive part of a plant isthe :
- i) leaf ii) stem
iii) root iv) flower ()
- b) The process of fusion of the male andthe female gametes iscalled :
- i) fertilisation () ii) pollination
iii) reproduction iv) seed formation
- c) Mature ovary formsthe :
- i) seed ii) stamen iii) pistil iv)fruit ()
- d) A spore producing plantis :
- i) rose ii) bread mould () iii) potato iv) ginger
- e) Bryophyllumcan reproduce byits :
- i) stem ii) leaves () iii) roots iv) flower
Introduction to NCERT Solutions Class 7 Science Reproduction in Plants
Besides, this 12th chapter is quite important, so we have tailored perfect study materials to understand the concepts of Plant reproduction to score well in the examination. These notes cover the most important topics like types of reproduction, how plants reproduce, seed formation, seed dispersal, etc.
About Reproduction in Plants
The production of new offsprings from parents is known as reproduction. Reproduction in plants is a new concept for students of 7th standard. This chapter introduces the mode of reproduction in plants. Going further, this topic shed knowledge on sexual reproduction, fruits and seed formation and seed dispersal.
INFINITY LEARN was created with a vision to offer world-class learning content for aspiring students who want to do well in exams. With the noble aim, the solutions that we provide have been designed to boost every student’s learning capabilities. The NCERT Solutions which are a part of many solutions that we offer on our website has been thoughtfully developed to help students make the most out of it.
INFINITY LEARN NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science offers several benefits to students who want to crack their exams. They can practise and revise the different topics right from their homes by downloading the chapter-wise PDFs. Students can also access these solutions from anywhere if they have an internet connection. They can further customise their learning experience and go through or solve all the questions at their own pace.
In addition to these solutions, INFINITY LEARN offers some top subject experts with relevant experience to guide students and learn the subject in a more engaging, easy, detailed and clear manner. Students are also provided with regular feedback on their performance. We also have a responsive support team and students can approach them to clear all their doubts. Meanwhile, students can also have a glimpse of INFINITY LEARN – The Learning app for a more efficient as well as fun learning experience.
Important topics covered in NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 12 Reproduction in Plants
- Sexual reproduction in plants
- Formation of fruits and seeds
- Dispersal of seeds
Frequently Asked Questions on NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 12
Explain sexual reproduction in plants from the Chapter 12 of NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science.
Sexual reproduction in plants is a process in which both male and female gametes fuse to form a new individual. Pistils and stamens are the female and male reproductive organs in plants which bear ovary and anthers respectively. These concepts are explained in brief in the NCERT Solutions framed by the experts at INFINITY LEARN. Each and every answer is created with utmost care based on the understanding abilities of Class 7 students. The faculty make use of simple and understandable language to make learning fun for the students.
Does the NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 12 provide accurate answers?
The NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 12 provides students with answers which are 100% accurate. Top tutors who have vast experience in the respective subject have designed the solutions to provide in-depth knowledge among students. It provides hands on experience to students based on the latest CBSE syllabus and guidelines. The NCERT Solutions are modified on a regular basis to keep students updated with the changes occurring in the current industry.
List the important topics covered in the NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 12.
The important topics covered in the NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 12 are –
1. Sexual reproduction in plants
2. Formation of fruits and seeds
3. Dispersal of seeds
Students can get a grip on this chapter by referring to the solutions created by the faculty at INFINITY LEARN. Each and every answer are created as per the latest syllabus of the CBSE board to help students score well in the annual exam.