A few social changes occurred in the Indian subcontinent throughout various time-frames. In any case, these social changes were not the equivalent all over. Distinctive sort of social orders advanced in an unexpected way. In enormous pieces of the subcontinent, society was at that point separated by the standards of Varna. There were different sorts of social orders, too. Investigate more with regards to Tribes, Nomads, and Settled Communities from Chapter 7 of CBSE 7th Class History. NCERT Solutions for 7th Class History Chapter 7 “Clans, Nomads and Settled Communities” comprise the answers for the activities given toward the finish of the Chapter from the book “Our Pasts-II”. These NCERT Solutions gave are the best source for the test.
Students can download the NCERT Solutions for 7th Class History PDF underneath Chapter 7: Tribes Nomads and Settled Communities
NCERT Solutions for 7th Class History (Our Pasts-II) Chapter 7 Tribes, Nomads And Settled Communities: – Download PDF Here
1. Match the following:
|Sib Singh||Ahom state|
|Sib Singh||Ahom state|
2. Fill in the blanks:
(a) The new castes emerging within varnas were called ____________.
(b) _____________ were historical works written by the Ahoms.
(c) The ____________ mentions that Garha Katanga had 70,000 villages.
(d) As tribal states became bigger and stronger, they gave land grants to _________ and ________.
(c) The Akbar Nama
(d) Poets and scholars.
3. State whether true or false:
(a) Tribal societies had rich oral traditions.
(b) There were no tribal communities in the northwestern part of the subcontinent.
(c) The chaurasi in Gond states contained several cities.
(d) The Bhils lived in the north-eastern part of the subcontinent.
4. What kinds of exchanges took place between nomadic pastoralists and settled agriculturists?
A. i) Nomadic pastoralists gave wool, ghee, etc. to settled agriculturists.
ii) Settled agriculturalists gave the nomadic pastoralists grains, cloth, utensils, and other products.
5. How was the administration of the Ahom state organized?
A. i) The Ahom state depended upon forced labour. The forced workers were called paiks.
ii) A census of the population was taken.
a) Each village had to send a number of paiks by rotation.
b) People from heavily populated areas were shifted to less populated places.
c) Ahom clans were thus broken up.
iii) By the ﬁrst half of the seventeenth century the administration became quite centralized.
6. What changes took place in varna-based society?
A. Changes in Varna based Society:
i) In the entire subcontinent, society was already divided on the basis of varna. The rules prescribed by the Brahmanas were accepted by the rulers of large kingdoms. The difference between the high and low, the rich and poor increased.
ii) Under the Delhi Sultans and the Mughals, this hierarchy between social classes grew further.
iii) With the growth of the economy and the needs of society, people with new skills were required.
iv) Smaller castes or Jatis emerged within varnas. New castes appeared amongst the Brahmanas.
v) Many tribes and social groups formed caste-based societies and were given the status of Jatis. Specialized artisans like smiths, carpenters, and masons were also recognized as separate Jatis by the Brahmanas.
vi) Jatis, surpassed varna, and became the basis for organizing the society.
7. How did tribal societies change after being organized into a state?
A. i) The emergence of large states changed the nature of tribal society.
ii) The equal society gradually got divided into unequal social classes. Brahmanas received land grants from the Gond They became more inﬂuential.
iii) The Gond chiefs now wished to be recognized as Rajputs. Aman Das, the Gond raja of Garha Katanga, assumed the title of Sangram Shah.
Tribes, Nomads and Settled Communities Summary
The NCERT 7th Class Our Pasts-II Chapter 7 discusses about the following topics:
- Ancestral social orders. Who were ancestral individuals?
- How Nomads and Mobile People Lived?
- New Castes and Hierarchies.
- The Gonds and the Ahoms.
Our Pasts-II is a significant book for 7th Class Social Science subject. Aside from this section, the full arrangement of NCERT Solutions for 7th Class Social Science is given in the connected article. The answers for section 7, Tribes, Nomads, And Settled Communities are furnished here, with joins. Understudies ought to likewise really take a look at NCERT Solutions for seventh Class for different subjects. To get more insights concerning NCERT Solutions download INFINITY LEARN‘s The Learning application free of charge.
Frequently Asked Questions on NCERT Solutions for 7th Class History Chapter 7.
- What are the significant inquiries that understudies can anticipate from Chapter 7 of NCERT Solutions for 7th Class History?
- What are the benefits of involving the NCERT Solutions for 7th Class History Chapter 7?
- What are the points examined in Chapter 7 of NCERT Solutions for 7th Class History?
1. What are the significant inquiries that understudies can anticipate from Chapter 7 of NCERT Solutions for 7th Class History?
The following are a couple of significant inquiries according to the assessment point of view that understudies can expect in a test:
- What sorts of trades occurred between migrant pastoralists and settled agriculturists?
- How did ancestral social orders change in the wake of being coordinated into a state?
- What changes occurred in Varna-based society?
- Were the Banjaras significant for the economy?
2. What are the benefits of involving the NCERT Solutions for 7th Class History Chapter 7?
The benefits of involving the NCERT Solutions for 7h Class History Chapter 7 of INFINITY LEARN are –
- Every one of the key ideas is clarified exhaustively utilizing the straightforward language by subject specialists.
- Gives exact and exact answers for every one of the coursebook questions work out – savvy.
- The arrangements can be gotten to in both disconnected and online modes alongside a free PDF download choice.
- These arrangements give able assets to amendment purposes.
3. What are the points examined in Chapter 7 of NCERT Solutions for 7th Class History?
The NCERT seventh Class Our Pasts-II Chapter 7 discussions about the accompanying subjects:
Ancestral social orders. Who were ancestral individuals?
How Nomads and Mobile People Lived?
New Castes and Hierarchies.
The Gonds and the Ahoms.