The link between a parent and their child is one of the strongest in the world. When a youngster is growing up, he sees his parents all the time. This relationship is depicted in detail in Class 9 English Beehive Chapter 3. You also get to see a variety of people and their interactions with youngsters. Kezia’s father may be tough on her at times, but he genuinely cares about her and is always willing to assist her. Her minor infractions enraged him, and the one major blunder she committed in the story resulted in her father slamming her with the scale. To gain a better grasp of all the exercises questions, download Infinity Learn CBSE NCERT Solutions. infinitylearn.com has Maths NCERT Solutions Class 9 available. Students who are looking for NCERT textbooks in science
PROSE – 3 The Little Girl
THINK ABOUT THE TEXT
I.Given below are some emotions that Kezia felt. Match the emotions in Column A with the items in Column B.
Column A Column B
1.fear or terror (iii) father comes home
(iv) speaking to father
(v) going to bed when alone at home
(vii) father stretched out on the sofa, snoring
2.glad sense of relief (i) father comes into her room to give her a kiss goodbye
(ii) noise of the carriage grows fainter
3.a “funny” feeling, perhaps of understanding (vi) father comforts her and falls asleep
II. Answer the following questions in one or two sentences
1. Why was Kezia afraid of her father?
A. Kezia was afraid of her father because her father was a strict person, who always used to give commands to everybody else in the house. He never seemed to smile. He was having an overpowering personality.
2. Who were there in Kezia’s family?
A. Apart from Kezia and her father, there was Kezia’s mother, grandmother and a cook in the family.
3. What was Kezia’s father’s routine?
(i) before going to his office?
(ii) after coming back from his office?
(iii) on Sundays?
A. (i) Before going to office, the father used to give a casual kiss and asked her to say goodbye.
(ii) After coming back from office, he would ask for newspaper and a cup of tea.
(iii) On Sundays he would sleep on the sofa with his face covered with his favourite cushion.
4. In what ways did Kezia’s grandmother encourage her to get to know her father better?
A. Kezia’s grandmother wanted Kezia to have a strong bond of love and affection with her parents. In order to develop that, she encouraged Kezia to go downstairs every Sunday afternoon to spend time with her parents , serve them tea and to fetch spectacles for her father and to get to know them better.
Chapter 3 of Beehive Class 9 – Free PDF Solution Download
When her mother was ill and she was left alone with her father, the story took a turn. The day carried on as usual, but as night came around, things took a turn for the worse. Kezia, the protagonist of Little Girl Chapter 3 Class 9 English, had a nightmare and awoke terrified. She was yelling and wailing uncontrollably. That’s when her father stepped in and took her to his room, where he helped her stop crying by pressing his icy feet against hers. That’s when she learned her father adored her just as much as any other father. The only difference is that he doesn’t have time to express it because he’s always working, and her father is tired when he comes home.
You were first introduced to the main character of this narrative, Kezia, in Class 9th English Beehive Chapter 3 The Little Girl. In the title “The Little Girl,” the author is alluding to her. The central plot is around a father-daughter relationship, but the film as a whole is primarily about a parent-child relationship.
You can get a PDF with all of the questions from this chapter of the exam for free. All of the answers were produced by experienced English teachers with more than 5 years of experience. This PDF can be downloaded and accessed at any time, even if you are not connected to the internet.
Chapter 3 of CBSE Class 9 English Beehive Benefits
You will learn about numerous elements of how this narrative can influence your viewpoint toward your parents and how vital it is for a parent and a child to interact with each other with the assistance of NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Chapter 3, The Little Girl. We’ve included some of the advantages of reading Ch 3 English Class 9 Beehive in the table below.
- First, you learn about various facets of life; you witness a father playing with his children, and then you meet Kezia’s father, who doesn’t even have time or strength when he returns home from work.
- Similarly, it demonstrates how readily children can be persuaded and how problems with their parents can arise if communication fails on both sides.
- It is a parent’s responsibility to assist their children in difficult situations, and that is exactly what Kezia’s father did when she was afraid in the middle of the night. Parents must understand, however, that scolding and beating a child will only result in conflict between the parent and the child.
- As a result, a parent must always control his or her wrath, forgive their children for making mistakes, and teach them how to do things correctly so that they do not make the same mistake again.
- Furthermore, a single act of kindness might affect how the youngsters perceive you, so be cautious when you are in their presence. A youngster can learn a great deal from their parents simply by watching them.
- Finally, the story demonstrates that no matter how horrible you believe someone is, you don’t know the whole reason behind their actions, therefore you shouldn’t pass judgment or make judgments without knowing what they’ve been through.