BlogIIT-JEEList Of Colleges For 50-60 Percentile In JEE Main 2024, Score Validity, What Is JEE Main Percentile

List Of Colleges For 50-60 Percentile In JEE Main 2024, Score Validity, What Is JEE Main Percentile

Are you aspiring to pursue engineering but scored between the 50-60 percentile in JEE Main 2024? In JEE Main 2024, the 50-60 percentile range corresponds to a score between approximately 45-60 marks out of 300. Don’t worry, you still have several options available. In this blog, we’ll explore what the JEE Main percentile means, how long the score is valid, and provide a list of colleges that accept 50-60 percentile in JEE Main 2024.

    Fill Out the Form for Expert Academic Guidance!


    Live ClassesBooksTest SeriesSelf Learning

    Verify OTP Code (required)

    I agree to the terms and conditions and privacy policy.

    Let us first try to understand what the JEE Main Percentile is.

    What is JEE Main Percentile?

    JEE Main percentile is a measure used to rank and compare the performance of candidates who appear for the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main. It indicates the percentage of candidates who have scored equal to or below a particular candidate’s score in the exam.

    For example, if a candidate scores in the 75th percentile, it means they have performed better than 75% of the candidates who took the exam and worse than the remaining 25%. For instance, if you score in the 60th percentile, it means you performed better than 60% of the candidates and worse than the remaining 40%.

    JEE Main percentiles are calculated based on the raw scores obtained by candidates in each subject (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) and the total score. These percentiles help colleges and universities evaluate candidates’ performance relative to others and make informed decisions during the admission process.

    It’s important to note that JEE Main percentiles are different from marks or scores obtained in the exam. Percentiles provide a standardized measure of performance that takes into account the distribution of scores among all candidates who took the exam.

    JEE Main Score Validity

    The validity of JEE Main scores refers to the duration for which the scores obtained in the examination are considered valid for various purposes, including admission to engineering colleges and eligibility for counseling processes. The validity of JEE Main scores is as follows:

    1. One Year Validity: JEE Main scores are typically valid for one year from the date of declaration of the result. This means that candidates can use their JEE Main scores for admission to engineering colleges and other related purposes for the academic year immediately following the year in which they appeared for the exam.
    2. Eligibility for JEE Advanced: Candidates who qualify the JEE Main examination and meet the prescribed eligibility criteria are eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced examination. However, it’s essential to note that eligibility for JEE Advanced is subject to meeting specific cutoff criteria and other requirements set by the examination conducting authority.
    3. Participation in Counseling Processes: JEE Main scores are also used for participating in counseling processes conducted by various engineering colleges and universities for admission to undergraduate engineering programs. These counseling processes typically occur shortly after the declaration of JEE Main results, and candidates need to register and provide their JEE Main scores for consideration during the counseling rounds.

    How much is 50-60 Percentile in JEE Main 2024?

    In the JEE Main 2024 examination, scoring between the 50th to 60th percentile means that a candidate’s performance is better than 50-60% of the total number of candidates who appeared for the exam. However, it’s essential to note that the exact score corresponding to this percentile range can vary depending on various factors such as the difficulty level of the exam, the number of candidates appearing, and the distribution of scores. Typically, the score range corresponding to the 50-60 percentile in JEE Main 2024 might fall between approximately 45 to 60 marks out of the total score of 300.

    Top Engineering Colleges That Accept JEE Main Score

    While scoring in the 50-60 percentile range may limit your options, there are still many reputable engineering colleges that accept JEE Main 2024 scores. Some of them include:

    List of Engineering Colleges Accepting 50-60 Percentile in JEE Main 2024
    Name of the Institute Annual Course Fee (Approx.)
    Seacom Skills University INR 83,000
    Accurate Institute of Management and Technology, Noida INR 1.23 Lakhs
    Terna Engineering College INR 1.30 Lakhs
    Pallavi Engineering College INR 55,000 to INR 65,000
    Marwadi University INR 98,000
    RK University INR 76,500
    Dr. Subhash Technical Campus (DSTC), Junagadh INR 77,175
    B.H.Gardi College of Engineering & Technology, Rajkot INR 93,000
    People’s University INR 80,000
    University of Technology INR 1.70 Lakhs
    Sir Padampat Singhania University (SPSU) INR 1.70 Lakhs
    MS Engineering College INR 1.50 Lakhs
    United Institute of Technology INR 1.18 Lakhs
    Geeta Engineering College INR 91,000
    Ashoka Group of Institutions (AGI) INR 85,000
    The ICFAI University, Jaipur INR 1.20 Lakhs
    Aalim Muhammed Salegh College of Engineering INR 65,000
    Brindavan College INR 1.30 Lakhs to INR 1.70 Lakhs
    Centurion University Bhubaneswar INR 1.42 Lakhs
    Dream Institute of Technology INR 92,500
    Gandhi Engineering College INR 1.00 Lakhs
    Mansarovar Global University INR 75,000
    Marudhar Engineering College INR 79,625
    Sagar Group of Institutions INR 72,500
    SAGE University Indore INR 60,000
    Sri Balaji College of Engineering and Technology INR 50,000
    Visvesvaraya College of Engineering & Technology INR 54,000
    Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore INR 1.73 Lakhs
    GIET University, Gunupur INR 1.05 Lakhs

    JEE Main 2024 Marks vs. Percentile

    The relationship between JEE Main marks vs percentile can vary depending on factors such as the difficulty level of the exam, the number of candidates appearing, and the overall performance distribution. However, here’s an approximate correlation between JEE Main 2024 marks and percentile based on previous years’ data:

    JEE Main 2024 Score JEE Main 2024 Percentile
    300-281 100 – 99.99989145
    271 – 280 99.994681 – 99.997394
    263 – 270 99.990990 – 99.994029
    250 – 262 99.977205 – 99.988819
    241 – 250 99.960163 – 99.975034
    231 – 240 99.934980 – 99.956364
    221 – 230 99.901113 – 99.928901
    211 – 220 99.851616 – 99.893732
    201 – 210 99.795063 – 99.845212
    191 – 200 99.710831 – 99.782472
    181 – 190 99.597399 – 99.688579
    171 – 180 99.456939 – 99.573193
    161 – 170 99.272084 – 99.431214
    151 – 160 99.028614 – 99.239737
    141 – 150 98.732389 – 98.990296
    131 – 140 98.317414 – 98.666935
    121 – 130 97.811260 – 98.254132
    111 – 120 97.142937 – 97.685672
    101 – 110 96.204550 – 96.978272
    91 – 100 94.998594 – 96.064850
    81 – 90 93.471231 – 94.749479
    71 – 80 91.072128 – 93.152971
    61 – 70 87.512225 – 90.702200
    51 – 60 82.016062 – 86.907944
    41 – 50 73.287808 – 80.982153
    31 – 40 58.151490 – 71.302052
    21 – 30 37.694529 – 56.569310
    20 – 11 13.495849 – 33.229128
    0 – 10 0.8435177 – 9.6954066


    Scoring between 50-60 percentile in JEE Main 2024 may not open doors to the top-tier engineering colleges, but there are still plenty of good options available. Consider exploring NITs, IIITs, GFTIs, and state government engineering colleges for admission. Remember, success in engineering is not just about the college you attend but also about your dedication, hard work, and passion for the field. Good luck!

    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs

    What is the passing marks for JEE 2024?

    There is no specific passing mark for JEE Main. Admissions are based on percentile ranks, not absolute marks.

    Can I get NIT with 60 percentile?

    It's unlikely to secure admission to an NIT with 60 percentile. NITs typically require higher percentile ranks for admission.

    Can I get NIT with 50 percentile?

    Admission to NITs with a 50 percentile is highly unlikely. NITs usually have cutoffs much higher than this percentile.

    What is the minimum percentile to qualify for JEE Mains?

    The minimum percentile required to qualify for JEE Main varies each year. It depends on factors like exam difficulty and the number of candidates. Typically, it's around 70-80 percentile.

    If I get 50 marks in JEE Mains, what is my percentile?

    The percentile corresponding to 50 marks in JEE Mains depends on the overall performance of all candidates who took the exam.

    Chat on WhatsApp Call Infinity Learn

      Talk to our academic expert!


      Live ClassesBooksTest SeriesSelf Learning

      Verify OTP Code (required)

      I agree to the terms and conditions and privacy policy.