Subject specialists have created NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 9:Sequences and Series, which includes thorough solutions for reference. All of the questions from the textbook’s exercises are answered here. Students can use these answers to help them prepare for their exams. The NCERT Solutions for Class 11 provide useful solutions for improving conceptual knowledge.
The solutions are carefully solved using student-friendly terms while still adhering to the norms that must be followed when solving NCERT Solutions for Class 11. Practicing these answers can be incredibly advantageous not only in terms of exams but also in terms of helping Class 11 pupils perform well in upcoming competitive exams.
The approaches for answering have been given special consideration to stay on target while not deviating from the intended answer. Because time is so important in exams, excellent time management when answering questions is essential for getting the best results.
|Exercise 9.1 Solutions|
|Exercise 9.2 Solutions|
|Exercise 9.3 Solutions|
|Exercise 9.4 Solutions|
|Miscellaneous Exercise Solutions|
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 9 – Sequences and Series
The topics and sub-topics included in Maths Chapter 9 Sequences and Series are listed below:
9.4 Arithmetic Progression (A.P.)
9.4.1 Arithmetic mean
9.5 Geometric Progression (G. P.)
9.5.1 General term of a G.P
9.5.2. Sum to n terms of a G.P
9.5.3 Geometric Mean (G.M.)
9.6 Relationship Between A.M. and G.M.
9.7 Sum to n Terms of Special Series
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 9- Sequences and Series
The Sequence and series topic comes under the unit Algebra section which is included in the syllabus of the first term of class 11 for sessions 2021-22. This topic covers 30 marks out of 80 marks. This chapter contains 4 exercises and 1 miscellaneous exercise, by going through which students get clear concepts and command on the topic sequence and series. The concepts which are given in the solution of NCERT Maths Class 11 Chapter 9 are listed below:
- When the numbers are arranged in a specific order by following some rule then it is known as a sequence. A sequence can also be defined as such function having a set of natural numbers as domain or subset of natural numbers of types When the sequence is having finite numbers of terms then it is known as a finite sequence and when the sequence is having an infinite number of terms then it is known as infinite terms.
- If it is the sequence, then the series is expressed And if the series has a finite number of terms then it is known as a finite series.
- Such a sequence in which its consecutive terms increase or decrease by the same constant is known as an arithmetic progression (A.P.). And this constant is known as the common difference in the A.P series. Generally in the A.P series the first term, common difference, last term are denoted by a,d, la,d,l respectively. And the general formula which is used to calculate the nth term of the A.P. series is,
- Such a sequence in which the ratio between any term and its preceding term is constant throughout the series is known as a geometric progression or G.P. this constant term is known as the common ratio in the G.P series. Generally in the G.P series, the first term and its common ratio are denoted by a and r respectively. And the general formula which is used to find the nth term in the G.P. series is,
After going through the problems with solutions and solved examples in the chapter Sequence and series of Class 11 students gets a strong command on the topics, Arithmetic Progression (A. P.), Arithmetic Mean (A.M.), Geometric Progression (G.P.), Geometric Mean (G.M), infinite G.P. Algon with these students are also able to find the general term in a G.P and A.P series., the sum of n terms of a G.P. and A.P series, and the sum of infinite G.P and A.P and also the relation between A.M. and G.M.
Frequently Asked Questions on NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 9
- What is the concept of Arithmetic Progression discussed in Chapter 9 of NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths?
- How many sections are present in Chapter 9 of NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths?
- How to secure full marks in Chapter 9 of the NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths?
Q. What is the concept of Arithmetic Progression discussed in Chapter 9 of NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths?
Ans. Such a sequence in which there are specific patterns among the consecutive terms is known as Progression. Such progression in which there is a constant difference between the two consecutive terms is known as an Arithmetic Progression. By going through the solved problem and examples of NCERT Maths Class 11 chapter 9 students will get a strong grip on the topic progression and Arithmetic Progression.
Q. How many sections are present in Chapter 9 of NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths?
Ans. Below are the sections available in the NCERT Solutions of Class 11 Chapter 9 Maths:
- Arithmetic Progression
- Geometric Progression
- Relationship between AM and GM
- Sum to n terms of Special Series
Q. How to secure full marks in Chapter 9 of the NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths?
Ans. Since the Chapter 9 Sequence and series has a lot of difficult topics. So, students should do regular practice to avoid conceptual errors. With the help of the right study material and by solving tricky questions, it becomes easy to clear the basic concepts and it becomes easy for the student to secure good marks. The solution given in the NCERT textbook is of similar types that come in term – I exams.