Table of Contents
Subject specialists have created NCERT solutions for class 12 Biology chapter 2 which includes thorough solutions for reference. These solutions are updated according to the latest term – I CBSE syllabus for 2021-22 and are provided in easy language for understanding. Tips and tricks are also provided.
These solutions are provided by Infinity Learn so a student can clear his doubts and get help with a deep understanding of the concept. Also, you can refer them to make the chapter notes and revisions notes. You can also download PDF from the link.
Chapter 2 Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
Chapter 2 Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants of Class 12 Biology comes under the term – I CBSE Syllabus 2021-22. Sexual reproduction in flowering plants tells us about the process of formation of male and female gametes in plants and how they produced new plant varieties. The process of pollination, pre-fertilization events, fusion of male and female gametes, and the post-fertilization events and structure are simply explained here. NCERT Solutions Biology Class 12 made the students understand the concepts thoroughly and in-depth.
The process of microsporogenesis may be defined as the formation of microspores from the PMC and occurs through meiosis. The pollen grains that denote the male gametophyte possess a hard outer layer wall called the exine and the inner wall called the inline. The pollen grains that have matured consist of generative cells and vegetative cells.
The chapter tells us about various parts of a flowering plant, starting from the process of formation up to reproduction finally. The transfer of pollen grains to the stigma of a pistil is termed pollination. Pollination is well explained in this chapter, along with a clear demonstration of different types of pollination, agents of pollination, and so on.
Some Important concepts mentioned in the chapter are given below:
- Pre-fertilization-Structure and Events
- Double fertilization
- Apomixis and Polyembryony
Key Features of NCERT Solutions of Chapter 2 Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
- The content which is provided is simple to understand.
- The answers are made by subject experts.
- It improves the conceptual knowledge of the students.
- NCERT Solutions can be used for competitive exams also.
- Use a well-labeled diagram wherever needed.
- Solutions are made keeping in mind the term – I CBSE Syllabus.
Frequently Asked Questions on NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 2
- Why should the students download the NCERT Solutions for this chapter?
- Why are NCERT Solutions for this chapter beneficial for the students?
- What is pollination according to this chapter?
1. Why should the students download the NCERT Solutions for this chapter?
The NCERT Solutions PDF contains diagrams and answers for all the questions available in the textbook. Each and every question is answered by keeping in mind the mindset of class 12 students. The solutions created follow the term – I CBSE Syllabus and exam pattern to help students to face the first term exams without fear. It also improves time management skills which are very useful in exams.
2. Why are NCERT Solutions for this chapter beneficial for the students?
The benefits of using the NCERT Solutions are –
1. Completely solved answers for all the questions which are present in the NCERT textbook are also available in PDF format.
2. Simple and understandable language is used to not make learning boring for the students.
3. Subject matter experts prepare all the solutions after researching each and every concept.
4. The solutions help students with their term – I exam preparation as well as for various competitive exams like JEE, NEET, etc.
5. PDF format of each solution is available in chapter-wise and exercise-wise format to help students understand the concepts with ease.
3. What is pollination according to this chapter?
The transfer of pollen grains to the stigma of a pistil is termed pollination Pollination is well explained in this chapter, along with a clear demonstration of different types of pollination, agents of pollination, and so on.