Subject specialists have created NCERT solutions for class 12 Biology chapter 5 which includes thorough solutions for reference. These solutions are updated according to the latest term – I CBSE syllabus for 2021-22 and are provided in easy language for understanding. Tips and tricks are also provided.
These solutions are provided by Infinity Learn so a student can clear his doubts and get help with a deep understanding of the concept. Also, you can refer them to make the chapter notes and revisions notes. You can also download PDF from the link.
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 5 – Principles of Inheritance and Variation
NCERT Solutions for this chapter comes under the Unit – Genetics, and Evolution. As per recent trends, one can easily deduce that the Unit carries close to 18 marks. This means Unit makes up for approximately 25% of questions appearing in the question paper.
Practicing questions and understanding all the concepts from all the chapters coming under this unit will help students to perform well in the exams. Genetics deals with the variation and heredity of inherited features or characteristics. Its study and the variation exhibited by species help to know the process of evolution and help to explain the differences in characteristics.
Important concepts mentioned in the chapter are:
- Mendel’s Laws of Inheritance
- Inheritance of One Gene
- Inheritance of Two Genes
- Sex Determination
- Genetic Disorders
Key Features of NCERT Solutions of Chapter 5 Principles of Inheritance and Variation
- The content which is provided is simple to understand.
- The answers are made by subject experts.
- It improves the conceptual knowledge of the students.
- NCERT Solutions can be used for competitive exams also.
- Use of a well-labeled diagram wherever needed.
- Solutions are made with in keeping in mind about the term – I CBSE Syllabus.
Frequently Asked Questions on NCERT Solutions for this chapter
- Why should I refer to the NCERT Solutions of this chapter?
- What are the concepts covered in this chapter?
- Explain the topic of the Law of Dominance using a monohybrid cross covered in this chapter?
1. Why should I refer to the NCERT Solutions of this chapter?
- Completely solved answers for all the questions which are present in the NCERT textbook are also available in PDF format.
- Simple and understandable language is used to not make learning boring for the students.
- Subject matter experts prepare all the solutions after researching each and every concept.
- The solutions help students with their term – I exam preparation as well as for various competitive exams like JEE, NEET, etc.
- PDF format of each solution is available in a chapter-wise and exercise-wise format to help students understand the concepts with ease.
2. What are the concepts covered in this chapter?
The concepts covered are –
Mendel’s Laws of Inheritance
Inheritance of One Gene
Inheritance of Two Genes
3. Explain the topic of the Law of Dominance using a monohybrid cross covered in this chapter?
The topic of the law of dominance using a monohybrid cross in this chapter was proposed by Mendel. It states that a dominant allele expresses itself in a monohybrid cross and suppresses the expression of the recessive allele. But the recessive allele for a specific character does not vanish but remains masked or hidden in the progenies of the F1 generation which resurfaces in the subsequent generation.