NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Social Science Chapter 5 – When People Rebel – Free PDF Download
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 History Chapter 5 – When People Rebel – 1857 and After, you can download the PDF below. If you want to do well in History, it’s essential to practice each topic thoroughly. NCERT Solutions can be a great resource to score better. Our experts at Infinity Learn have provided clear answers and explanations.
Our expert faculty team has created these NCERT Solutions in an easy-to-understand way, making it simpler for students to grasp the topics. By using these solutions, you can get rid of any doubts you have about a question and learn the correct way to answer it. You can easily access and download the free PDF of NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Social Science Chapter 5 from the links provided below.
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 History Social Science Chapter 5 When People Rebel 1857 and After
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 History Chapter 5 – When People Rebel – 1857 and After
Exercises Page No. 64
Q1: What was the demand of Rani Lakshmibai of Jhansi that was refused by the British?
Ans. Rani Lakshmibai of Jhansi demanded that her adopted son be recognized as the legitimate heir to the Jhansi throne after her husband’s death. This demand was refused by the British, and they annexed Jhansi.
Q2: What did the British do to protect the interests of those who converted to Christianity?
Ans. To protect the interests of those who converted to Christianity, the British introduced laws that allowed Christian converts to inherit the property of their ancestors, which was not allowed under traditional Hindu or Muslim inheritance laws.
Q3:What objections did the sepoys have to the new cartridges that they were asked to use?
Ans. Sepoys objected to the new cartridges because they were rumored to be greased with animal fat, which was offensive to both Hindus and Muslims. The Hindus believed it was from cows, while the Muslims believed it was from pigs.
Q4: How did the last Mughal emperor live the last years of his life?
Ans. The last Mughal emperor, Bahadur Shah Zafar, lived the last years of his life in exile in Rangoon (present-day Yangon) in Burma (present-day Myanmar) after being captured and exiled by the British.
Let’s Discuss Questions and Answers (Page No. 64)
Q5: What could be the reasons for the confidence of the British rulers about their position in India before May 1857?
Ans. The British rulers were confident about their position in India before May 1857 because they believed they had a strong military presence, efficient administration, and the support of the native princes and elites who benefited from British rule.
Q6: What could be the reasons for the confidence of the British rulers about their position in India before May 1857?
Ans. Bahadur Shah Zafar’s support for the rebellion boosted the morale of the people and some ruling families who saw him as a symbolic leader of the revolt against the British.
Q7: How did the British succeed in securing the submission of the rebel landowners of Awadh?
Ans. The British secured the submission of rebel landowners in Awadh by using a combination of military force, diplomacy, and promises of amnesty to some leaders, while suppressing the rebellion with a heavy hand.
Q8: In what ways did the British change their policies as a result of the rebellion of 1857?
Ans. As a result of the rebellion of 1857, the British changed their policies by ending the rule of the East India Company and transferring control directly to the British Crown. They also adopted a policy of ‘Divide and Rule’ to prevent unity among Indians, and they increased their military presence to ensure control and stability.
Summary for Class 8 History (Our Past III) Chapter 5 When People Rebel
Chapter 5 When People Rebel explores historical uprisings and rebellions, like the Indian Rebellion of 1857. It get into the causes behind these revolts, often stemming from unfair treatment and loss of rights. Key figures like Rani Lakshmibai and Bahadur Shah Zafar are highlighted.
The chapter also discusses the reasons for the Sepoys’ objections to new cartridges, the British’s protection of Christian converts’ interests, and their strategies for maintaining control in India. It underscores the significant policy changes the British made post-1857 and how Bahadur Shah Zafar’s support inspired many. Overall, it sheds light on the reasons, leaders, and consequences of these rebellions in Indian history.
Advantages of Class 8 History Social Science Chapter 5 When People Rebel
Studying Chapter 5 of Class 8 History Social Science, titled “When People Rebel,” offers several advantages for students. This chapter explores significant historical events and uprisings that occurred in different parts of the world. Let’s dive into the advantages of studying this chapter:
- Understanding Historical Context: This chapter helps students understand the historical context of various rebellions and uprisings. It provides insights into the conditions and reasons that led people to rebel against rulers or oppressive systems.
- Learning About Different Revolts: “When People Rebel” covers a wide range of revolts, including the Sepoy Mutiny, tribal uprisings, and peasant movements. Learning about these revolts gives students a broader perspective on historical resistance.
- Connecting with Real People: The chapter introduces students to real-life heroes and heroines who played key roles in these rebellions. This helps students connect with the struggles and sacrifices made by ordinary people in history.
- Understanding Causes and Consequences: Studying this chapter helps students analyze the causes and consequences of rebellions. They can see how actions taken by rulers or governments led to these uprisings and how they, in turn, shaped the course of history.
- Critical Thinking: It encourages critical thinking and analytical skills as students evaluate the impact of rebellions on society, economy, and politics. They can also assess whether these uprisings were successful in achieving their goals.
- Cultural Diversity: The chapter also explores the cultural diversity of different regions and communities. Students can learn about various traditions, customs, and practices that existed during these historical periods.
- NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Maths
- NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Science
- NCERT Solutions For Class 8 English
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Social Science History Our Pasts III Chapter 5 When People Rebel
It is easy to download NCERT Solutions When People Rebel Class 8 PDF from the website and app. The study material will support your tons during examination time. This NCERT Solution for Class 8 History Chapter 5 has all answers given by the topic experts. By learning from this NCERT Solution, students are going to be ready to attempt any questions associated with this chapter. It provides all the important subtopics of the chapter. Our answers are prepared to stay in mind the NCERT and CBSE standards.
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 History Our Past III
Chapter 5 — When People Rebel
NCERT History Class 8 Chapter 5 When People Rebel belongs to “Our Past III”. If you’re a student of sophistication 8, you want to have learned this chapter using NCERT Textbooks. The details and ideas of topics like what demands of Rani Lakshmi Bai were refused, how did the Mughal emperor live the last year of his life, the rationale for the arrogance of British rulers about their position in India, in what ways British change their policies, etc. are included during this. Our guide provides solutions with chapter-wise details. Our guide stands because the best to assist students prepare in areas where they’re weak.
Class 8 History Chapter Wise Marks Weightage
This Class 8th History Chapter 5 features a weightage of 20 marks and this is often one of the foremost important topics. With these questions and answers, you’ll prepare well and revise the important questions that are framed from the exam point of view. the basics of the subject are often easily cleared with the assistance of this.
Why are NCERT Solutions for Class 8 History Chapter 5 Important?
- NCERT Solutions contain all the important key points and tricks which are useful for the exam.
- The expert’s solutions enable quick recall of answers during exams.
- Fundamentals of the topics are often easily understood which helps score better.
- By practicing with our material, students can expect sure-shot questions from the exam point of view.
- The language utilized in this is often very simple. No complicated words are used.
FAQs on NCERT Solutions For Class 8 History Chapter 5
Who was Tantia Tope Class 8?
Tantia Tope was a leader in the 1857 rebellion in India against British rule, upto Class 8.
Where was Mangal Pandey hanged to death?
Mangal Pandey was hanged to death in Barrackpore, India, upto Class 8.
When did the British come to India?
The British began arriving in India for trade in the early 1600s, but their rule over India started to strengthen in the mid-18th century, upto Class 8.
Why did the 1857 revolt fail?
The 1857 revolt faced several challenges, including the British military's strength, divided leadership among rebels, and lack of coordination, which contributed to its failure, upto Class 8.
When did the Indian soldiers rebel?
Indian soldiers rebelled in 1857 during the Indian Rebellion of 1857, upto Class 8.