Subject specialists have designed NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Maths Class 8 Chapter 3 which includes thorough solutions for reference. These solutions are updated according to the latest CBSE syllabus for 2012-22 and are provided in easy language for understanding. Tips and tricks are also provided.
These solutions are provided so a student can clear his doubts and get help with a deep understanding of the concept. Also, you can refer them to make the chapter notes and revisions notes. PDF of this can also be downloaded from the website.
NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 3- Understanding Quadrilaterals
Q. What kind of questions is present in these NCERT Exemplar Solutions?
Ans: The exercise provided in this chapter are
1. Exercise 3.1 with 7 Questions having 1 Long Answer Questions, 6 Short Answer Questions
2. Exercise 3.2 with 6 Questions having 6 Short Answer Questions
3. Exercise 3.3 with 12 Questions having 6 Long Answer Questions, 6 Short Answer Questions
4. Exercise 3.4 with 6 Questions having 1 Long Answer Questions, 5 Short Answer Questions
Q. What is the meaning of quadrilaterals according to these NCERT Exemplar Solutions?
Ans: According to these NCERT Exemplar Solutions, a quadrilateral is a plane figure that has four sides or edges, and also includes four corners or vertices. Quadrilaterals are of standard shapes with four sides like rectangle, square, trapezoid, and kite or irregular and uncharacterized shapes.
Q. What are the main topics covered in these NCERT Exemplar Solutions?
Ans: The major concepts included in this chapter are
- 3.2.1 Classification of Polygons
- 3.2.2 Diagonals
- 3.2.3 Convex and Concave Polygons
- 3.2.4 Regular and Irregular Polygons
- 3.2.5 Angle sum property
3.3 Sum of the Measures of the Exterior Angles of a Polygon
3.4 Kinds of Quadrilaterals
- 3.4.1 Trapezium
- 3.4.2 Kite
- 3.4.3 Parallelogram
- 3.4.4 Elements of a parallelogram
- 3.4.5 Angles of parallelogram
- 3.4.6 Diagonals of a parallelogram
3.5 Some special parallelograms
- 3.5.1 Rhombus
- 3.5.2 A rectangle
- 3.5.3 A square.