Subject specialists have designed NCERT solutions for English Class 8 Chapter 6 which includes thorough solutions for reference. These solutions are updated according to the latest CBSE syllabus for 2012-22 and are provided in easy language for understanding. Tips and tricks are also provided.
These solutions are provided so a student can clear his doubts and get help with deep understanding of the concept. Also you can refer them to make the chapter notes and revisions notes. PDF of this can also be downloaded from website.
COMPREHENSION CHECK I
1. In what way is the forest pool different from the one whichRanjiknew in the Rajputana desert?
A. In theRajputanadesert, the pools were sticky and muddy. It dried up in the hot summer. But the forest pool was clean and cold. It never dried up.
2. The other boy askedRanjito explain himself.
i) What did he expectRanjito say?
ii) Was he, in your opinion, right or wrong to ask this question?
A. i) The other boy expectedRanjito say sorry.
ii) The other boy was wrong to ask this question because the pool was not his personal property.
3. BetweenRanjiand the other boy, who is trying to start a quarrel? Give a reason for your answer.
A. Surajwas trying to start the quarrel. He askedRanji to run away from the pool. He even threatened to beat him.
4. “Then we will have to continue the fight,” said the other.
i) What made him say that? ii) Did the fight continue? If not, why not?
A. i) Surajsaid these words because he was too tired to continue the fight.
ii) No, the fight didn’t continue. Suraj, seeing thatRanji was able to dive in the pool, wanted to
learn it from him. Ranji needed the help of Suraj to become a wrestler. So they both compromised and became friends.
COMPREHENSION CHECK II
1. What is it thatRanjifinds difficult to explain at home?
A. Ranji has several cuts and bruises on his face and arms. He finds it difficult to explain this at home.
2. Ranji sees his adversary in the bazaar.
i) What does he wish to do? ii) What does he actually do, and why?
A. At first he wants to turn away from him. Then he thought of hitting him.
He actually stands on the ground and scowls at Suraj.
3. Ranjiis not at all eager for a second fight. Why does he go back to the pool, then?
A. ThoughRanjiis not at all eager for a second fight, he goes back to the pool to gain self- respect. If he doesn’t go it is equal to accepting the defeat.
4. Who was better swimmer? How do you know it?
A. Ranjiwas the better swimmer. We know it from the way he swam across the river. EvenSuraj was impressed by this.
5. What surprises the warrior?
A. Suraj, the warrior, was surprised by the diving skill ofRanji.
6. Now that they are at the pool, why don’t they continue the fight?
A. Suraj wassurprised by the diving skill of Ranji. He wanted to learn it from Ranji. On the other hand, Ranji was willing to help Suraj. So they agreed to help each other and became friends.
7. Ranji’ssuperiority over the other boy is obvious in the following: physical strength, good diving, his being a fighter, sense ofhumour, swimming under water, making a good point, willingness to help underline the relevant phrases.
A. good diving,sense ofhumour, swimming under water, willingness to help
8. What according to you, makes the two adversaries turn into good friends in a matter of minutes? Explain it as you have understood it.
A. Surajwas surprised by the diving skill ofRanji. He wanted to learn it from Ranji. In return he promised to teach Ranji wrestling. On the other hand, Ranji was willing to help Suraj and was interested to become a strong wrestler. So they agreed to help each other and turned into good friends in a matter of minutes.
NCERT Class 8 English It So Happened Chapter 6
Many scholars ignore the English subject and give precedence to other subjects like Science, Social studies, etc. They consider English as an easy subject and try to manage it fleetly. And then’s the difference between a topper and other average students. To be a topper, you not only need to work hard, but you also need to work and study sharply in the right direction. Else, all your exertions will go to waste. This resists you to achieve desirable marks in examinations. Further repetition of the same procedure makes you demotivated & frustrated, which may also obstruct your other subjects’ enhancement. So do not give it any chance.
Key Features of NCERT Solutions for this chapter
- NCERT Solutions helps in providing fully resolved step by step solutions to all textbook questions.
- Set of solutions which comes with a list of all important formulas on algebraic identities.
- These solutions are made accordance to the latest syllabus.
- Solutions are prepared by subject matter experts.
- NCERT Solutions provides help for the preparation of competitive exams.
About Infinite Learn Solutions
Infinite Learn mission is to create world-class learning content for students. We are focussed on raising the students learning abilities. These Solutions have been structured very carefully to give several benefits to the students that utilize these study materials. That is why, these are crafted by subject matter experts to focus on concept and its explanation.
For any type of support related to the NCERT Solutions for Class 8 given here, students can approach our support team who will help clear all their doubts. Students can also check out Infinite Learn for a more efficient learning experience.
Frequently Asked Questions on NCERT Solutions of this Chapter
Why should we download NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 6 from Infinite learn?
At INFINITE LEARN you can get PDF of accurate solutions of this chapter. The NCERT Textbook Solutions for this chapter have been formulated by mathematics experts at INFINITE LEARN. All these solutions are accordance to the new pattern of CBSE, so the students can be ready for the exams.
Is NCERT Solutions for Class 8 English Chapter 6 important from an exam point of view?
Yes, these NCERT Solutions deals with solutions for all questions given in NCERT Textbook English for Class 8. The most of the questions coming in the exams are from these exercises. By studying these concepts, you can achieve good grades.
How can I download NCERT of this chapter?
NCERT Solutions of this chapter is available on Infinite learn app and website free of cost.
- Visit the page-NCERT Solutions of this chapter.
- Click on the download button.
- A PDF file will open and you may download it on your computer or also can view online.
- You can save the PDF file and use NCERT Solutions anytime for understanding of concept and as a quick revision notes.