NCERT Solutions Class 6 Science Chapter 3
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 3 Fibre to Fabric is given here in a simple and easy to understand way. After learning these NCERT Solutions, students will be able to clear all their doubts on the concepts involved in CBSE Class 6 Science Chapter 3. Fibre to Fabric teaches you about the production of fabrics from yarns, synthetic fibres, natural fibres, the process of spinning, weaving and knitting.
Answers to true or false, fill in the blanks and descriptive answer questions will provide you with a greater understanding of the topics involved in the Chapter. To score good marks in CBSE Class 6 examination students are advised to read this study material thoroughly. NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science provided here will assist you in getting the practice of solving a variety of questions before writing the main examination. NCERT Solutions, which is prepared by subject experts will create strong basics, will further help in the understanding of advanced topics in future.
NCERT Solutions Class 6 Chapter 3
1. Classify the following fibers as natural or synthetic:
nylon, wool, cotton, silk, polyester, jute, Terylene
|Natural Fibers||Synthetic Fibers|
2. State whether the following statements are true or false :
a) Yarn is made from fibers (True)
b) Spinning is a process of making fibers (False)
c) Jute is the outer covering of coconut (False)
d) The process of separating the seed from cotton is called ginning (True)
e) Weaving of yarn makes a piece of fabric (True)
f) Silk fiber is obtained from the stem of a plant (False)
g) Polyester is a natural fiber (False)
3. Fill in the Blanks :
a) Plant fibers are obtained from ___________ and ___________(Jute plants, cotton plants)
b) Animal fibers are ___________ and ____________ (Wool, Silk)
4. From which parts of the plant cotton and jute are obtained?
Ans: Cotton fiber obtained from cotton seeds. They are hairs of cotton seeds. Jute fibers are obtained from the stem of jute plants by the retting process.
5. Name two items that are made from coconut fiber?
Ans: i) Ropes ii) Mats
6. Explain the process of making yarn from fiber?
Ans: The process of making yarn from fibers is called spinning. In this process, fibers from a mass of cotton, wool are drawn out and twisted. This brings the fibers together to form yarn. A simple device used for spinning is takli, Another device, charkha also.
Important topics covered in NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 3 Fibre to Fabric
- Variety in Fabrics
- Some Plant Fibres
- Spinning Cotton Yarn
- Yarn to Fabric
- History of Clothing Material
Students can also find solutions for the chapters present in NCERT textbooks, sample papers, CBSE notes for further details.
Frequently Asked Questions on NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 3
- Explain the process of making yarn from fibre from the Chapter 3 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science.
- What concepts can I learn from the Chapter 3 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science?
- How many questions are present in the Chapter 3 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science?
1. Explain the process of making yarn from fibre from the Chapter 3 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science.
Yarn can be made from fibre by the process called Spinning. From the mass of cotton, fibres are drawn and twisted which brings together the fibres to form a yarn
2. What concepts can I learn from the Chapter 3 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science?
From the Chapter 3 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science, you can learn about concepts like –
Variety in Fabrics
Some Plant Fibres
Spinning Cotton Yarn
Yarn to Fabric
History of Clothing Material
3. How many questions are present in the Chapter 3 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science?
There are about 6 questions present in the Chapter 3 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science. Students who are not able to answer the textbook questions are advised to refer to the solutions prepared by the faculty at INFINITY LEARN. The solutions are created as per the latest CBSE syllabus and guidelines to help students ace the exam without fear. Using the solutions on a daily basis will enable students to answer complex questions that would appear in the exam. The expert faculty design the solutions with the aim of helping students to score well in the annual exams.