Subject specialists have created NCERT Solutions for Chemistry Class 11 Chapter 4 which includes thorough solutions for reference. These solutions are updated according to the latest term – I CBSE syllabus for 2012-22 and are provided in easy language for understanding. Tips and tricks are also provided.
These solutions are provided so a student can clear his doubts and get help with a deep understanding of the concept. Also, you can refer them to make the chapter notes and revisions notes. You can also download PDF from the link.
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 4: Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
“Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure” is the fourth chapter of the term – I CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Syllabus 2021-22. This chapter covers many fundamental concepts in the field of Chemistry (such as hybridization and also the modern theories given on chemical bonding). The concepts included in this chapter are-.
- VSEPR theory
- Lewis structures
- Valence bond theory
- The polar character of covalent bonds
- The concept of hybridization
- The molecular orbital theory of homonuclear diatomic molecules
- Hydrogen bonding
The NCERT Solutions of this chapter given on this page feature the following types of questions:
- Drawing of Lewis dot symbols for atoms, molecules, and polyatomic ions
- Questions based on bond parameters
- Expressing resonance with the help of Lewis structures
- Questions based on dipole moment, bond polarity, and polar covalent bonds
- Questions based on hybridization
- Questions based on VBT, MOT, and the VSEPR theory
It can be noted that the NCERT Solutions for this chapter provided on this page have been prepared by the subject matter experts at Infinite learn. Therefore, students can be assured that the NCERT Solutions given on this page are extremely student-friendly and understandable. A concept-focused approach has been followed by our experts in the making of these solutions, which implies that these solutions can also be used during chapter revisions.
Subtopics of Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 4: Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
1. Octet Rule
- Covalent Bond
- Lewis Representation Of Simple Molecules (The Lewis Structures)
- Formal Charge
- Limitations Of The Octet Rule
2. Ionic Or Electrovalent Bond
- Lattice Enthalpy
3. Bond Parameters
- Bond Length
- Bond Angle
- Bond Enthalpy
- Bond Order
- Resonance Structures
- Polarity Of Bonds
4. The Valence Shell Electron Pair Repulsion (VSEPR) Theory
5. Valence Bond Theory
- Orbital Overlap Concept
- Directional Properties Of Bonds
- Overlapping Of Atomic Orbitals
- Types Of Overlapping And Nature Of Covalent Bonds
- The Strength Of Sigma And Pi Bonds
- Types Of Hybridisation
- Other Examples Of Sp3, Sp2, And Sp Hybridisation
- The Hybridisation Of Elements Involving D Orbitals
7. Molecular Orbital Theory
- Formation Of Molecular Orbitals Linear Combination Of Atomic Orbitals (Lcao)
- Conditions For The Combination Of Atomic Orbitals
- Types Of Molecular Orbitals
- Energy Level Diagram For Molecular Orbitals
- Electronic Configuration And Molecular Behaviour
8. Bonding In Some Homonuclear Diatomic Molecules
9. Hydrogen Bonding
- Cause Of Formation Of Hydrogen Bond
- Types Of H-bonds.
About Infinity Learn Solutions
Infinity Learn’s mission is to create world-class learning content for students. We are focused on raising the students learning abilities. These Solutions have been structured very carefully to give several benefits to the students that utilize these study materials. That is why these are crafted by subject matter experts to focus on the concept and its explanation.
For any type of support related to the NCERT Solutions for Class 11 given here, students can approach our support team who will help clear all their doubts. Students can also check out the Infinity Learn website for a more efficient learning experience.
Frequently Asked Questions on NCERT Solutions of this chapter
- Give me a summary of these NCERT Solutions?
- Is it necessary to learn all the questions present in these NCERT Solutions?
- Are these NCERT Solutions difficult to understand?
1. Give me a summary of these NCERT Solutions?
NCERT Solutions for this chapter has –
1. VSEPR theory
2. Lewis structures
3. Valence bond theory
4. The polar character of covalent bonds
5. The concept of hybridization
6. The molecular orbital theory of homonuclear diatomic molecules
7. Hydrogen bonding
2. Is it necessary to learn all the questions present in these NCERT Solutions?
Yes, if students want to score well in the finals then they have to learn all the questions and formulae related to it. The solutions present on the Infinity learn website are very accurate and easy. Students can start practicing these NCERT Solutions to score good marks. These solutions are also very helpful for solving homework and assignments.
3. Are these NCERT Solutions difficult to understand?
No, if you practice them frequently it is not much difficult to understand. The main focus of these solutions is to provide a fundamental aspect of Chemistry, which will help the students to understand every concept crystal clear.