Subject specialists have created NCERT Solutions for Chemistry Class 11 Chapter 5 which includes thorough solutions for reference. These solutions are updated according to the latest term – II CBSE syllabus for 2012-22 and are provided in easy language for understanding. Tips and tricks are also provided.
These solutions are provided so a student can clear his doubts and get help with a deep understanding of the concept. Also, you can refer them to make the chapter notes and revisions notes. You can also download PDF from the link.
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 5: States of Matter
“States of Matter” is the fifth chapter in the NCERT Class 11 Chemistry textbook. This chapter includes fundamental concepts based on intermolecular forces and how they affect the physical state of a substance. It also includes other important concepts associated with the liquid and gaseous states of matter. That’s why “states of matter” is considered one of the most important chapters in the NCERT Class 11 Chemistry textbook.
The topics coming in this chapter include intermolecular forces and thermal energy, gas laws, the ideal gas equation, the kinetic theory of gases, the deviation of gases from ideal behaviour, liquefaction of gases, and the liquid state. The NCERT Solutions for this chapter given on this page deal with the following types of questions:
- Numerical problems, including Boyle’s law, Charles’s law, Gay-Lusscac’s law, and Avogadro’s law.
- Numerical problems based on calculating partial pressure.
- Questions based on critical temperature and pressure.
- Questions based on Van der Waals forces and other types of intermolecular forces.
Subtopics of Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 5: States of Matter
1. Intermolecular Forces
- Dispersion Forces Or London Forces
- Dipole-dipole Forces
- Dipole-induced Dipole Forces
- Hydrogen Bond
2. Thermal Energy
3. Intermolecular Forces Vs Thermal Interactions
4. The Gaseous State Ex
5. The Gas Laws Ex
- Boyle’s Law (Pressure-volume Relationship)
- Charles’ Law (Temperature-volume Relationship)
- Gay Lussac’s Law (Pressure-temperature Relationship)
- Avogadro Law (Volume – Amount Relationship)
6. Ideal Gas Equation
- Density And Molar Mass Of A Gaseous Substance
- Dalton’s Law Of Partial Pressures
7. Kinetic Molecular Theory Of Gases
8. Behaviour Of Real Gases: Deviation From Ideal Gas Behaviour
9. Liquefaction Of Gases
10. Liquid State
- Vapour Pressure
- Surface Tension and Viscosity.
About Infinity Learn Solutions
Infinity Learn’s mission is to create world-class learning content for students. We are focused on raising the students learning abilities. These Solutions have been structured very carefully to give several benefits to the students that utilize these study materials. That is why these are crafted by subject matter experts to focus on the concept and its explanation.
For any type of support related to the NCERT Solutions for Class 11 given here, students can approach our support team who will help clear all their doubts. Students can also check out the Infinity Learn website for a more efficient learning experience.
Frequently Asked Questions on NCERT Solutions of this chapter
- Are these NCERT Solutions suitable for CBSE students?
- Where can I download these NCERT Solutions?
- What is the meaning of thermal energy according to NCERT Solutions of this Chapter?
1. Are these NCERT Solutions suitable for CBSE students?
Ans. NCERT Solutions are considered a complete source of information to CBSE students, to build their analytical skills. They have been proved to be essential for learning the term-wise syllabus and building the confidence that is necessary to face their term-II exams. The NCERT Solutions of this chapter explain the steps with precision, without missing out on essential aspects of solving a question.
2. Where can I download these NCERT Solutions?
Ans. NCERT Solutions of this chapter are given on the Infinity Learn website, which is considered to be the most important study material for students who are studying in Class 11. The solutions given at infinite learn are provided in such a way that every step is explained clearly and in detail. The Solutions of this chapter are prepared by the subject matter experts to help students in their second term exam preparation. It is important for the students to study these solutions for getting a good score in Class 11 term-II examination.
3. What is the meaning of thermal energy according to NCERT Solutions of this Chapter?
Ans. Thermal energy is the energy that comes from the temperature of matter. The hotter the substance, the more is the vibration of molecules and hence the higher is the thermal energy. By referring to NCERT Solutions of this chapter students can score well in second term exams.