Digital India is a campaign launched by the Government of India on 1st July 2015 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The campaign’s main objective is to make government services available electronically. However, the move requires massive ground-level technological improvements like increased internet connectivity and infrastructure developments. Digital India Essay.
India has a huge potential in the mobile and internet market with nearly 560 Million internet users. The government is successful to a larger extent in digitalizing common transactions like – making grocery payments, paying electricity bills, filing complaints, applying for jobs, normal bank transactions, etc. In the coming years, the government has planned to make all the significant government services digital.
Long and Short Essay on Digital India in English
We have provided a variety of essays on the Digital India campaign to help students as they generally get assigned to write essays in the classrooms, during exams, or in any competition.
All the Digital India essay is written using simple words under various word limits according to the needs and requirements of different class standard students.
Essay or paragraph writing competitions are held in schools or colleges to check students’ skill levels on common topics.
Digital India Essay 1 (100 words)
Digital India, a much more ambitious program, was launched on 1st July (Wednesday) in 2015 at the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium, Delhi. It was launched by various top industrialists (Tata Group chairman Cyrus Mistry, RIL Chairman, Managing Director Mukesh Ambani, Wipro Chairman Azim Premji, etc.). In the meeting, they shared their ideas of bringing the digital revolution to the mass people of India from cities to villages.
Various events have been held in the presence of Information Technology companies to cover 600 districts in the country. The Digital India program is a big step taken by the government of India to make this country a digitally empowered country. Various schemes regarding this plan have been unveiled (worth more than Rs 1 lakh crore), such as Digital Locker, e-health, e-eduction, national scholarship portal, e-sign, etc.
Digital India Essay 2 (150 words)
Digital India is a campaign run by the government of India to make this country a digitally empowered country. Launching this campaign aims to provide Indian citizens with electronic government services by reducing the paperwork. It is a very effective and efficient technique that will save time and manpower to a great extent. This initiative was started on 1st July 2015 to connect people in rural areas with high-speed internet networks to access any information needed. Three important elements of digital India are the creation of digital infrastructure, digital literacy, and delivery services digitally all over the country.
This project has been aimed to be completed by 2019. It is the program that will benefit both service providers and consumers. There is an arrangement for a digital India advisory group (chaired by the Ministry of Communications and IT) to monitor and control this program.
Digital India Essay 3 (200 words)
Digital India is a campaign launched by the government of India on 1st July 2015 at Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium, Delhi, in the presence of various top industrialists. It aims to make India a better-governed place in the world. This project has been approved (worth Rs 1 lakh crore) by the prime minister of India, Narendra Modi, and is expected to be completed by 2019. The success of this program would be the dream comes true of Narendra Modi of serving the Indian people with e-governance. It is to facilitate Indian citizens with electronic government services to reduce paperwork, improve work efficiency and save time.
This plan will ensure the growth and development in India, especially in the rural areas, by connecting rural regions and remote villages with high-speed internet services. The overall project monitoring will be under the Prime Minister himself. Citizens of digital India may improve their knowledge and skill level after getting covered under the umbrella of the internet.
It is an ambitious project that will benefit everyone, especially villagers who travel long distances and waste time and money doing paper works for various reasons. It is the most effective version (with nine pillars: broadband highways, public Internet access program, mobile connectivity everywhere, e-Kranti, e-Governance, information for all, IT for jobs, early harvest programs, and electronics manufacturing) of the already existing National e-Governance Plan.
Digital India Essay 4 (250 words)
Digital India is a project started by the government of India on 1st July 2015 (from 1st to 7th of July as a digital week) to transform India into a digitally empowered and knowledgeable country in the world. This project is interconnected by the various governmental departments such as IT, education, agriculture, etc., to achieve a promising bright return. It is headed and planned by the ministry of communications and information technology. It is like a golden opportunity for India when got implemented properly.
At the very start of the project launch, there was a plan by the state government to make available high-speed internet connections in almost 250,000 villages and other residential areas of the country. The “Bharat Broadband Network Limited (BBNL)” ‘s crucial role in this project is appreciable.
In digital India, there would be easy digitization of data which will help make things much more efficient and fast. It will reduce paperwork, save manpower and save time as well. This project will take speed by tying the knot between the government and private sectors. Many villages interconnected with high-speed networks will undergo a huge change from backward regions to complete digitally equipped areas.
India’s cities, towns, and villages will get more tech-savvy. This project has been planned to be completed by 2019 with the investment of leading companies (national or international). Ambani declared it to invest around 2.5 lac crore in the digital India project.
Digital India Essay 5 (300 words)
Digital India is a campaign launched by the Government of India on 1st July 2015 to transform India into a complete digital country. It is an initiative planned to digitally empower Indian society by integrating the government departments and leading companies (national or international). The main purpose of digitizing this country is to make all government services easy to reach India’s citizens. There are three key vision areas of this program which are:
- Digital infrastructure throughout the country is like a utility to the Indian people as it will make available high-speed internet and deliver all the government services with ease and fast. It will provide citizens with a lifelong, unique, online, and authentic digital identity. It will access online services like handling bank accounts, financial management, safe and secure cyber-space, education, distance learning, etc.
- The high demand for good governance and online services will make available all the services in real-time through digitization. Digitally transformed services will also promote people to do online business by making financial transactions easy, electronic, and cashless.
- Digital empowerment of Indian people will make possible digital literacy through universally accessible digital resources. It will enable people to submit required documents or certificates online and not physically in the schools, colleges, offices, or any organization.
The government of India has implemented the Digital India program to ensure the following aims of this initiative:
- To ensure broadband highways.
- To ensure universal access to mobile phones.
- To facilitate people with high-speed internet.
- To bring e-Governance by reforming government through digitization.
- To bring e-Kranti through electronic delivery of services.
- To make available online information for all.
- To ensure more IT jobs.
Digital India Essay 6 (400 words)
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Digital India project on 1st July 2015. It is an effective scheme to transform India for better growth and development of the people and country. Digital India week (from 1st July to 7th July) was inaugurated by the PM on Wednesday in the presence of senior ministerial colleagues and leading company CEOs. It aims to give India a digital push for good governance and more jobs. The PM of India has tried his best to digitize India’s campaign to bridge the gap between government services and the people. Digitization was the need to be implemented in India for a bright future and to grow more than any other developed country. Following are the benefits of the digital India campaign:
- It makes it possible to implement a digital locker system, reduce paperwork by minimizing the usage of physical documents, and enable e-sharing through registered repositories.
- It is an effective online platform that may engage people in governance through various approaches like “Discuss, Do and Disseminate.”
- It ensures the achievement of various online goals set by the government.
- It makes it possible for people to submit their documents and certificates online, reducing physical work.
- Through the e-Sign framework, citizens may digitally sign their documents online.
- It may ease the important health care services through an e-Hospital system, such as online registration, doctor appointments, fee payment, online diagnostic tests, blood check-ups, etc.
- It benefits the beneficiaries through National Scholarship Portal by allowing application submission, verification process, sanction, and disbursal.
- It is a big platform that facilitates the efficient delivery of government or private services all over the country to its citizens.
- Bharat Net program (a high-speed digital highway) will connect almost 250,000-gram panchayats of the country.
- There is a plan of outsourcing policy also to help in the digital India initiative.
- For better management of online services on mobile, such as voice, data, multimedia, etc., BSNL’s Next Generation Network will replace the 30-year-old telephone exchange.
- National Centre for Flexible Electronics will help in the promotion of flexible electronics.
- The BSNL has planned large-scale deployment of Wi-Fi hotspots all across the country.
- There is a Broadband Highways to handle all the connectivity-related issues.
- Open access to broadband highways in all the cities, towns, and villages will make possible the availability of world-class services with the click of the mouse.