CBSE Sample Papers for Final Board Exams Class 10 Social Science – Paper 9
(For Annual Board Examinations to be held in and after March 2018 and onwards)
Based on the latest syllabus and design of the Question Paper released by the C.B.S.E., New Delhi.
Strictly based on the Remodelled Scheme of Assessment, the Latest Syllabus and Design of the Question Paper released by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi effective from academic year 2017-18.
MODEL TEST PAPER 9 (Unsolved)
1. For the first time when did people of India celebrate Independence Day prior to 15th August 1947? 
2. During which movement Mahatma Gandhi persuaded people to wear Khadi and give up drinking? 
3. What are the main types of railway gauges? 
4. Define hydrological cycle. 
5. Which is a major metallic mineral obtained from veins and lodes? 
6. Name any two national parties in India. 
7. Define ‘credit’.
8.A Write a short note on the ‘Treaty of Vienna’. 
8.B Why did the French think colonies necessary?
9. Why did Mahatma Gandhi choose ‘Salt Tax’ to launch the Civil Disobedience Movement? 
10. Mention any three reasons or factors of cotton textile industry localisation. 
11. What are the negative impacts of industrial development on environment? 
12. Why is the manufacturing sector considered the backbone of development? 
13. What do you mean by ‘defining moments’ of democracy? 
14. Why do people prefer democracy? Explain with three reasons. 
15. Explain three negative outcomes of democracy. 
16. What are Special Economic Zones (SEZs)? Why is the government setting up SEZs? 
17. There are many rules and regulations regarding consumer protection but they are often not followed. Why? 
18. How can globalisation be more fair? 
19.A What is meant by Balkan? Why did it turn into perennial source of tension and proved the battlefield of First World War? 
19.B Who was Ho Chi Minh? State his contribution in the freedom movement of Vietnam.
20. Explain the main factors which gave rise to Civil Disobedience Movement of 1930. 
21. Classify roads into six classes according to their capacity. What is the role of National Highway Authority of India? 
22. “Political parties are rightly called the government in disguise.” Justify the statement with reference to democratic politics by giving five arguments. 
23. Describe the various outcomes of democracy. 
24. Describe the factors which have enabled globalization in India with examples. 
25. Why is money transaction system better than barter system? Explain with examples. 
26. Locate and label the following on the given outline political map of India. 
(A) Place where Jallianwala Bagh massacre took place
(B) Place where Congress session was held in 1927.
27. Locate and label the following on the given outline political map of India. 
(i) The place remembered for the no-tax campaign
(ii) The city Where the decision was taken in Congress session to launch Non-Cooperation and Khilafat Movement.
28. ocate and label the following items on the map.
(i) A cotton textile centre of Gujarat.
(ii) Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
(iii) A nuclear power plant in Rajasthan.
Note : The following questions are for the Blind Candidates only, in lieu of Q. No. 26, 27, & 28. 
(28.1) In which state is Surat situated?
(28.2) Name the place where Congress session of December, 1920 was held.
(28.3) Name a basic industry.
(28.4) Name the nuclear power plant in Karnataka.
(28.5) Name the eastern terminal point of East-West Corridor.