Fats – Sources: Fats are a type of molecule that is composed of a glycerol molecule bonded to three fatty acids. Fatty acids are long chains of carbon and hydrogen atoms. Fatty acids can be either saturated or unsaturated. Saturated fatty acids have all of the hydrogen atoms bonded to the carbon atoms. Unsaturated fatty acids have one or more double bonds between the carbon atoms. This allows for the formation of kinks in the fatty acid chain, which makes the molecule more flexible.
Fats – Sources
There are many different types of fats. Some are healthy for you, while others are not. There are also many different sources of fats. Some are healthy, while others are not.
- Healthy fats are found in foods like nuts, seeds, avocados, and olive oil. These fats are good for you because they help you to feel full and they are a source of energy. They also help to keep your heart healthy.
- Unhealthy fats are found in foods like fast food, processed foods, and sugary drinks. These fats are not good for you because they can make you gain weight and they can raise your risk of heart disease.
There are many different sources of healthy fats. Some of the best sources are nuts, seeds, avocados, and olive oil. These foods are all high in healthy fats, and they are also a good source of protein and fiber.
Types of fats:-
- There are many different types of fats. Some are good for you, and some are not. The good fats are called unsaturated fats, and the bad fats are called saturated fats.
- Unsaturated fats are found in foods like fish, nuts, and olive oil. They are good for you because they help protect your heart. Saturated fats are found in foods like bacon, cheese, and butter. They are bad for you because they can raise your cholesterol levels and increase your risk for heart disease.
- It is important to eat the right types of fats. The best way to do this is to eat a variety of healthy foods, including both unsaturated and saturated fats. This way, you will get the benefits of both types of fats.
Difference between Saturated and Unsaturated fat:-
- Saturated fat and unsaturated fat are two types of fats. Saturated fat is found in animal products such as meat and dairy, as well as in tropical oils such as coconut oil and palm oil. Unsaturated fat is found in plant-based products such as olive oil, nuts, and seeds.
- Saturated fat is a type of fat that is solid at room temperature. Unsaturated fat is a type of fat that is liquid at room temperature.
- Saturated fat is a type of fat that is linked to heart disease. Unsaturated fat is a type of fat that is linked to heart health.
- Saturated fat is a type of fat that is high in cholesterol. Unsaturated fat is a type of fat that is low in cholesterol.